10points 3.mq4 - page 171

V12 results

here are my results testing V12 on EURUSD last week. Settings are default.

BernieS.

Files:

V12

Please refer to post #1562 for details.

The Agressive was false since Wednesday and resumed true this week.

Closed Profit $30594 Floating profit zero. It is a hairy ride and not one for a live account at that level but hey it is working.

John

Files:
v12nf4.htm  21 kb
v12nf4.gif  5 kb

V12

Please refer to post #1561 for details.

The Agressive was false since Wednesday and resumed true this week.

Closed Loss $11.24 Floating zero.

John

Files:
v12nexxt4.htm  66 kb
v12nexxt4.gif  6 kb

Remote access

FutureMillionaire?:
Curious. What are you using to access your PC?

I've found that www.logmein.com is free and very user friendly. You can select full screen mode, then it's just as if you're sitting in front of your own PC.

Ray

Ray,

Am posting this from my laptop which is controlling the PC, right next to it for sure but could have been anywhere.

This is a great service and free too. Thanks for letting me know of it's existence.

John

yeoeleven:
Ray,

Am posting this from my laptop which is controlling the PC, right next to it for sure but could have been anywhere.

This is a great service and free too. Thanks for letting me know of it's existence.

John

You're welcome.

I've found it invaluable when away from my PC. Just one other tip.... The reason it's free, is because you miss out on the premium facilities .. like file transfer. I've found I can get around that by emailing files to myself ... then accessing them with a webmail client.

....just a thought.

Cheers,

Ray

Just out of interest. I've spent the weekend backtesting various setups on V12. I know the concerns over backtesting, but I believe it's useful for basic comparisons. The problem, as I see it, are the potential losses with certain combinations. I've found some excellent setups .. but can be wiped out with a single bad move (like 10points3).

I believe I've found a good compromise, where the returns are good .. and the potential losses are modest, and can be absorbed.

The settings I'm proposing are ... Max Trades = 4 (no protection), Pips = 20, TakeProfit = 10. Multiplier = 3.

Using 0.10 lots, if it goes against you, the max loss is $1200. Given that this setup should yield about $2000 per month, and the big loser happens only once in a while (and could possibly be avoided altogether by sitting out NFP etc), you should come out comfortably on top.

I've just set this scenario running on a forward test. Lets see how it goes.

Ray

Ray,

Thank you for your thoughts. Very good findings. Basically nothing much happen to me, and feeling boring , nothing to post for you guys. V12 forgot to turn it back to Agressive_Mode=True, only closed 1 long position since Friday's preNFP adjustment. Here's live statement. After last month, continue going strong, let's see how long it can last before the next explode! Hoping to see it next year with 10k equity

Regards,

David

Files:

Operation of EA, during connectivity problems

I just lost my internet for about 15 minutes. When I finally managed to restore things, my MT4 platforms updated themselves. It could be seen, from the candles, that the price had, whilst I was off, gone through a T/P level (It was a sell, T/P set to 1.3147, and the price had fallen to 1.3142 - EURUSD). The trade didn't complete in my absence .. and, of course, the price has now moved back above my T/P.

Why didn't it trigger?

I thought that, once the EA had setup a trade, it would carry out the order, even if the connection was lost.

FutureMillionaire?:
I just lost my internet for about 15 minutes. When I finally managed to restore things, my MT4 platforms updated themselves. It could be seen, from the candles, that the price had, whilst I was off, gone through a T/P level (It was a sell, T/P set to 1.3147, and the price had fallen to 1.3142 - EURUSD). The trade didn't complete in my absence .. and, of course, the price has now moved back above my T/P.

Why didn't it trigger?

I thought that, once the EA had setup a trade, it would carry out the order, even if the connection was lost.

Nope, get a dedicated server during live trading. For what I know so far, that will cost you 120bucks a month. I have my own servers and serveral standalone broadband lines. Backup batteries and backup power supply. Now, stop complaining on free stuff. LOL.

Regards,

David

FutureMillionaire?:

Why didn't it trigger?

It happened again, whilst I was live online.... This was a live account, so I logged into the IBFX online chat. This was the conversation...

Chat InformationThank you for contacting us. The next available agent will be right with you. Our goal is quality service. You may tell us how we do today by clicking HERE.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Client Services 30'

Client Services 30: Hello, this is Jeffery. How may I help you?

you: I've currently got a trade on EURUSD. It's a sell, with a T/P of 1.3147. The price fell to 1.3142. Why didn't it trigger?

Client Services 30: If the spread was wide at the time it may not have triggered. let me look into that for you. one moment please.

you: I watched it go down to that level a second time, and the spread was normal then (I had the same thought)

you: It went to 1.3146 the second time

Client Services 30: can you tell what times you are looking at?

you: Now.... within the last hour

you: The previous candle on the M30 chart

Client Services 30: at 13:16 and 13:17 AM the spread was 6 pips

you: Ouch!

you: Why?

Client Services 30: I am not sure what the extra volatility was at that time.

you: OK Thanks.

6 pips has rather a detrimental effect on the EAs. I'm up to 6 trades on my 10points3 ... it's rather important that the move closes successfully. Needless to say, the price is now moving against me