10points 3.mq4 - page 342

money management

tiger_wong:
Thanks for your opinion.

Just for detail about my sample in previous post...

Let say I deposit $1000 and make regular WD about $100 per week. After 3 weeks, the EA get the bad time and make big loss. The function that I use will stop the EA because my equity is below $800. So, my profit will be = (3*$100 ) - $200 = $100. Imagine if the EA doesn't stop trade. Maybe I will lost totally.

But I realize, maybe the loss will recovery and become profit. So, maybe anyone could give a suggest what number is acceptable for defining the floating loss that maybe harm and have a big possibility to MarginCall.

This idea is for live trading... I understand that if we backtest this, maybe it will useless.

The way I see the answer to this problem is to limit the EA to a MaxTrades that you are comfortable with, that depends on the value of the account, then consider how much it will cost when the price moves move a pip. Then work out the worst scenario of price movement against versus the margin call and see how many pips you can afford to lose, if you can survive a 200 pip run and you do not expect more than that before the price returns then you are in the clear.

If the account has $500 balance and can trade .01 units = 1c pips and you are comfortable with a .01 .03 .09 .27 .81 progression then your pips will cost 1.21 when you reach the Maxtrades5 so the most a 200 pip progression will cost is $242, less if you work out the reduced pips prior to the Maxtrades.

So the gamble is will you have to suffer a progression of over 200 pips. Who knows the answer to that question. All I can say is that when my mini account was less than $100 it only could take up to .27 and it did survive large movements and now that it is $180 it can take up to .81. There are gifs posted on previous pages illustrating this point.

John

as u can see most traders were lost on monday/ friday and news impact/ bigger spread, i would suggest we should code this ea off on that days or off only news as a safe mode for us

filter,

1.we can put EMA 100, prize below 100 - sell/short : prize above 100 - buy/long

2.i'm very interested with 'ferruFX' indicator - show percentage in "trend" ( only buy/sell if 75%)

most demo platform brokers like northfinance,interbank( others never try) they have similar live price (lack 1 pip), i do trade live with FXCM in manual but demo on both demo platform..

MANSTIR:
as u can see most traders were lost on monday/ friday and news impact/ bigger spread, i would suggest we should code this ea off on that days or off only news as a safe mode for us

filter,

1.we can put EMA 100, prize below 100 - sell/short : prize above 100 - buy/long

2.i'm very interested with 'ferruFX' indicator - show percentage in "trend" ( only buy/sell if 75%)

most demo platform brokers like northfinance,interbank( others never try) they have similar live price (lack 1 pip), i do trade live with FXCM in manual but demo on both demo platform..

The recent 10p3v0 versions are all developed based on ANTI TREND. Which the system will pick tops to sell, and bottom to buy. The 1 you suggested is called TREND FOLLOWING. You will win for a very long time if price really trending 1 side, but when price decided to move from below EMA100 to above EMA100, that is the time you blow up the account. We've gone through this before. Thank you for your advice.

Regards

David

i want to run this ea with account type like IBFX account type...but i don't want use IBFX...cause the funding fee too high for me...and also the withdrawal fee...can anyone give me info about other brokers like IBFX offers?

thx

Regards

Rudi

10p3v0.02

Following on the saga of this small account on which I loaded 10p3v0.02 when the balance was $78 last November 26th and have updated regularly on this thread since.

The account now stands at $184.94. I reported earlier that I had changed the TF upon David's recommendation from M15 to H1 but after this week I have changed it back to M15. All in all the trades may have been safer but they also have been slower and patience is not my strong suite, well not on a demo account.

Full details of the version and the set file and updates can be found by reading back through the previous pages and I have attached the last week's detailed statement.

John

Files:
10p3k.htm  25 kb
10p3k.gif  5 kb

Don't know if these backtests gonna be useful or not. Through some strong trends during 24 Dec 2007 - 25 Jan 2008 (e.g. Bhutto's Death-26 Dec, NFP-5 Jan, Martin Luther Day-15 Jan), I'm trying to find out which best TF and initial deposit for this EA. Backtests were consisted with 3 diferrent initial deposit ($250-$500-$1,000) and 3 TF(M15-M30-H1) I'm using 10PointsV003 with default settings except trading hour started 05.00-18.00 my local time GMT+7. Seems like initial deposit $250TF15M got the best profit (138,4%) but $1,000TF30M gave me minimum drawdown (7.31%). While blew up on $250M30, $250H1 and $500H1. Any suggestion anyone?

Following statement

Info

yeoeleven:
Following on the saga of this small account on which I loaded 10p3v0.02 when the balance was $78 last November 26th and have updated regularly on this thread since.

The account now stands at $184.94. I reported earlier that I had changed the TF upon David's recommendation from M15 to H1 but after this week I have changed it back to M15. All in all the trades may have been safer but they also have been slower and patience is not my strong suite, well not on a demo account.

Full details of the version and the set file and updates can be found by reading back through the previous pages and I have attached the last week's detailed statement.

John

Hi Yeoeleven,

Do u use 5 pips_steps, and tp: 10 pips. What is the maximum number of triple lot orders? I see five: 0.1 to 0.81.

Sucess!

Information

Pabloreg:
Hi Yeoeleven,

Do u use 5 pips_steps, and tp: 10 pips. What is the maximum number of triple lot orders? I see five: 0.1 to 0.81.

Sucess!

Yes I do use 5 pip step and 10 TP but how many times certain progressions have been made can be found by going back over the detailed statements. I was posting full detailed statements for the entire trading until recently when I started only to load the past week's results.

The point is not how many times was .81 traded but how many times would have the next level be required if the account was large enough. That information will not be found in the detailed statements but that is what caused me to lose $162 from my live account whilst my demo account was able to wait and eventually to post a profit from the same trade.

If you patiently go through the backtesting results that pagebluk2007 has posted and compare the results from different account values using the same Time Frame or go back through this thread looking for the posts where this was discussed with gifs provided you will start to get a clearer picture.

John

davidke20:
The recent 10p3v0 versions are all developed based on ANTI TREND. Which the system will pick tops to sell, and bottom to buy. The 1 you suggested is called TREND FOLLOWING. You will win for a very long time if price really trending 1 side, but when price decided to move from below EMA100 to above EMA100, that is the time you blow up the account. We've gone through this before. Thank you for your advice.

Regards

David

i agreed ,

hmmm maybe i should put another source code like 'pattern recognition'! maybe...