HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 47

bwilhite:
Hi all,

So, since I am new to this whole thing, and this is a somewhat discretionary system, I want to make sure my interpretation is correct.

According to the chart of GBP/USD attached, the basic HAMA approach will trigger a long order at the close of the most recent bar. However, the Ravi indicator is in the middle of the two thresholds, so it would be telling me to wait. Is this correct? This is before the US open, btw, about 8:00am Est.

I think that I will take both trades and maybe track stats for both with and without Ravi. Once I've accumulated a data set of 30+ trades I'll post my stats. I'll try to be strict about following the basic rules, but may occasionally use a discretionary element. I'm a numbers guy, and I feel better about my trades when I know my probabilities. I'm hoping that eventually we can compile a good set of data to work with for research purposes.

I don't know what's going on with cable, but it seems like the move I'm watching develop is fairly large for this time in the morning so maybe there's something to it.

This is a demo account btw...my real one actually looks better I look forward to learning some day-trading skills.

BW

Hi BW

Please keep us posted about your stats

Thanks a lot

Make Your Own Golden Egg !

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone is getting excited with FX's money machine.Speaking of the golden egg here is a chart of Gold M15 just to show you that metals can be traded using the Hama Pad.Enough gold here to make a bakers dozen!

David

Files:

One of those days....

Take a look at these two charts. Wouldn't you rather be on the beach? This is what I call NTD = No Trade Day. At least at these early hours of the US session.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

I did not enter any trades today.

I was tempted once or twice, but would only go for 10 pips or so. I decided it was not worth spending time in front of the screen for that.

Even on this day, however, a couple of opportunities arose from the HAMA PAD charts. Just was not for me.

spiritfriends:

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone is getting excited with FX's money machine.Speaking of the golden egg here is a chart of Gold M15 just to show you that metals can be traded using the Hama Pad.Enough gold here to make a bakers dozen!

David

Impressive, I might say. Both the short trade on Gold and the versatility of the HAMA PAD. Wait til you see what I've got cooking for the EOD course and on the Equity Option setup. But first things first, I am now finalizing the release of combined version v1.2, version 2.0, and version 3.0. Like you said earlier v1 alone should really cut it good.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

WOW !! FX...nice truck! Did you say you had a farm with a gaggle of geese?You'll need a fork lift to pick up all your golden eggs! LoL

David

ssotiro:
I did not enter any trades today.

I was tempted once or twice, but would only go for 10 pips or so. I decided it was not worth spending time in front of the screen for that.

Even on this day, however, a couple of opportunities arose from the HAMA PAD charts. Just was not for me.

Welcome back home, ssotiro. That's one good display of a trader's discipline and patience. The right setup will soon arise. HAMA PAD is a trend following system. The pips we earned the last few days will more than compensate for this lull and dull moments.

Now, don't go too far astray.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Here's how I'll play it:

It's 17:11 here. The sun is going down. It's 26 degrees outside.

I guess a cup of coffee by the beach will be perfect.

I'll call it a day soon and hit the road.

spiritfriends:

WOW !! FX...nice truck! Did you say you had a farm with a gaggle of geese?You'll need a fork lift to pick up all your golden eggs! LoL

David

I put that on my avatar because FX Sniper was talking about a Lamborghini Diablo here. I gave him my 2 pips comments there.

I did mentioned that H2 SUT would be a nice indicator name. Just gave me an idea. HAMA Trend Bars now H2 Trend Bars. Watch out T3 Fib ProTrader, your $14K system will face tough challenge. hehehe!

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Looking forward to the next release FX, as you said yes today was a no trade day however it is easy to see that in hindsight and demo traded at -43 pips today not including spread, regardless still looking forward to the upcoming release, thanks