HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 156

"sorry, I don't do backtesting"

FXC

In a post on 9/14/2007 you wrote, "(sorry, I don't do backtesting)" on page 17. I am wondering what your reasons are for only doing forward testing, and avoiding backtesting.

If you have already replied later in the forum, I will see your post, and please disregard this question.

Thanks

Patch

In VA

PS And Happy One Year !!!

one years anniversarry....

wow congratulation Sir

for my personal i learn so muchs from this hama tread,almost 80% of my trading skill,i achived from this tread,my trading skill began better and better,many thanks to fxcruiser,also thanks to a lot of question and Great answer from fxcruiser,

one again congrat sir

fxcruiser:
CONGRATULATIONS!

HAMA PAD is one year old on TSD forum today. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I want to thank everyone who has been a part of this HAMA PAD adventure. We have come a long way, baby!

I will be adding/editing this later for more comments on this 1 year anniversary post here. I go party first and enjoy life. Come back to this post as I have a very important message to you ALL.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

With 2 days late , happy anniversary HAMA and FXC ...

I discovered this thread only few months ago and what a quick progress!!!

Long life to HAMA trading approach and its group.

FerruFx

PS: sorry to all for not coming as many times as i want to the trading room. I am really busy and need concentrate on my work. I miss you all. What a fun to this room even when we talk about trading!!!

Patch:
In a post on 9/14/2007 you wrote, "(sorry, I don't do backtesting)" on page 17. I am wondering what your reasons are for only doing forward testing, and avoiding backtesting.

Backtesting is essentially for observe how indys works or to test the logic of a code. The EA backtest results should not be taken for reference even with the best datas. So many EAs have very good backtest results and crash account after go live.

The best way is the forward testing.

In addition, H2 is a manual trading approach with a set of indys. I let you try to test it on backtester

Wish you some good pips with H2.

FerruFx

The very best Tradestation coder I know...TRO !!!

fxcruiser:
For e-mini NQ and ES, I use the MT4 charting coz of the indicators I use until I can have them converted into another platform, like Ninja Trader or Genesis. I have a couple of these indicators on Tradestation. Anyway, I place my actual trades on PFG Pro Trader.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

FXCruiser

Back in October 2006, in post #446 you said the above quote. There is indicator and strategy coding, and then there is indicator and strategy coding. This morning I read a post that tells me you already know the finest Tradestation coder in the country, and the world for that matter. When you are ready to put your indicators and HAMA PAD in TS code and autotrade talk, if you haven't already, (I am on post #46 so I still have a ways to go to catch up), call TRO. I love his picture in the beach chair on the beach in Mexico at low tide. I met Avery in Tuscon in March at the inaugural Pirates Cove Blast and he is a fine man and a terrific Tradestation coder. He is your TS CoderMan.

Patch

In VA

Happy HAMA anniversary!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to all HAMA users!!!!!!! Best wishes and many pips to you mates!!!!!

why such low ratings for this sytem?

seems like a good question

well, I think the reason is "Haters of the world unite." IMO, ratings are a bunch of crap...you get the opinion of the herd--people that want to be spoonfed and would not make the slightests effort to even read a thread, let alone test a system and find out for themselves whether a system at least has potential or not....you will not find a system/strategy that will work well in all possible market conditions...the market is a very complex creature and the profitability of any method will largely depend on the skills of the individual trader. I trade profitably, I make good money each and every week, but I still would not take the responsibility to coach people simply because 5 out of 10 people would not understand my methods, and 9 out of 10 people would not trade my way but "twist" it so that it suits them, and most likely will not have much success with it.... If I can isolate most of the subjectivity, I would help people and make an EA, but for now I have not been able to do so.... It is not impossible to do, but it is very hard....

HAMA H2 is a very simple, objective method that isolates much of the subjectivity that I am talking about. Hats off to EJ!!!!

mpower:
well, I think the reason is "Haters of the world unite." IMO, ratings are a bunch of crap...you get the opinion of the herd--people that want to be spoonfed and would not make the slightests effort to even read a thread, let alone test a system and find out for themselves whether a system at least has potential or not....you will not find a system/strategy that will work well in all possible market conditions...the market is a very complex creature and the profitability of any method will largely depend on the skills of the individual trader. I trade profitably, I make good money each and every week, but I still would not take the responsibility to coach people simply because 5 out of 10 people would not understand my methods, and 9 out of 10 people would not trade my way but "twist" it so that it suits them, and most likely will not have much success with it.... If I can isolate most of the subjectivity, I would help people and make an EA, but for now I have not been able to do so.... It is not impossible to do, but it is very hard.... HAMA H2 is a very simple, objective method that isolates much of the subjectivity that I am talking about. Hats off to EJ!!!!

Great analysis Mpower

Congratulations sir, although I'm far far away here, you are trully my best mentor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMA