New Firebird EA - page 13

on live

Hi folk,

on live account (mini) somebody have been trade killing by the broker

do to exceed the free margin?

This EA open a lot of positions.

Tnx.

I've been running firebird1a on a live account for a little over two weeks. 10 pairs, 30tp30pipstep300sl, mini account. As far as lot sizes are concerned, I'm being very conservative. I multiply .00005 x account balance to give me the value of the lot size that I will trade. So far I've gained about 2,200 pips with a negative -1,000 pip float balance. I'm making low, but very safe, and consistent gains every day.

faifarni:
I've been running firebird1a on a live account for a little over two weeks. 10 pairs, 30tp30pipstep300sl, mini account. As far as lot sizes are concerned, I'm being very conservative. I multiply .00005 x account balance to give me the value of the lot size that I will trade. So far I've gained about 2,200 pips with a negative -1,000 pip float balance. I'm making low, but very safe, and consistent gains every day.

hi

sounds interesting.would u post u r performance and would u clrify more.

thx

faifarni:

Yes, please post your perfomance and what broker are you using. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I have started running the version in the first post of the thread, and the take profits seem to be different to those listed.

I remember an old version of this EA which I think had a trailling stop. Is there one in this version?

Thanks,

G-Man

P.S. I don't do demo accounts anymore so this is on live, albeit with quite small lot sizes.

holyguy7:
I started here a new fresh thread about further improvement based on Firebird EA v0.63G engine that seems actually the best version ever made with incredible performance tested by a lot of users in old post.

How it works Firebird ?

Firebird calculates a 10 day SMA and then shifts it up and down based on a percentage to form a channel. For the calculation of this SMA either close (more trades) or H+L (safer trades) is used. When the price breaks a band a postion in the opposite of the current trend is taken. If the position goes against us we simply open an extra position to average (pipstep function).

To avoid enter a trade while a strong trend is in place a divergence function is used that is calculated as difference between a Faster SMA (by default set to 23) and a Slower SMA (by default set to 84).

Mono's Firebird Settings

Contains two versions of preset files that seems to works better. All on M1 timeframe:

1) Fixed setting: Fixed tp=30, sl=300, pipstep=30 for all pairs.

2) Variable setting: Different setting for each pair based on average daily range (in pips). Take profit (TP), Stop loss (LS) and PipStep are calculated with these formulas:

TP = Daily Avg Range times 2 divided by 10 , SL = Daily Avg Range times 2, PipStep = Daily Avg Range divided by 10

EUR/USD TP=22 SL=220 PIPSTEP=11 (Daily Avg Range = 110)

GBP/USD TP=30 SL=300 PIPSTEP=15 (Daily Avg Range = 150)

USD/CHF TP=25 SL=250 PIPSTEP=12 (Daily Avg Range = 125)

EUR/JPY TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

USD/JPY TP=20 SL=200 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 100)

USD/CAD TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

AUD/USD TP=16 SL=160 PIPSTEP=8 (Daily Avg Range = 80)

EUR/CHF TP=10 SL=100 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 50)

EUR/GBP TP=9 SL=90 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 45)

AUD/JPY TP=15 SL=150 PIPSTEP=7 (Daily Avg Range = 75)

Let the Forward Testing Begin!

error !! help me ! pls !!

1;39;;;Function "CloseTheseTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "CloseLoosingTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "iFXAnalyser" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "GoalCheck" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "GetSlippage" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

are those messages warnings or errors when compiling? if warnings, the EA will still run. i think i got a few warnings when compiling.

cturner:
are those messages warnings or errors when compiling? if warnings, the EA will still run. i think i got a few warnings when compiling.

only warnings

This has been getting *RAPED* by the GBPUSD for past ~3 days or so. Other than that, doing well, but gee whiz the GBP has singlehandedly sent the whole system negative, even though I'm running it on 7 currency pairs at once.

GbpUsd

See my post on #123.

See results of Kamyar post # 121,,

GbpUsd not suitable for this ea from what i see.

regards.

leighton