New Firebird EA - page 18

ross123:
Hi folks,

I have been forward testing 24/6 this version of the Firebird for sometimes now(see attached results). The only problem I have encountered is the trade results for fast moving pairs. I did only test this EA on majors "beacuse I only trade majors". after awhile started taking losses on U/Y. I turned it of on this pair and closed the trades for this pair. It is doing WELL. I have on seaporate platform tests running on other pairs too and the results so far for USD/CND the same as U/Y.

Let me know if you have questions.

Ross

What brokerage firm are you testing from??

iscuba11:
What brokerage firm are you testing from??

IBFX, FXDD,real,Neumex,Crown,RF

FirebirdV1_c1

Hi folks,

I have been forward testing 24/6 this version of the Firebird for sometimes now(see attached results). The only problem I have encountered is the trade results for fast moving pairs. I did only test this EA on majors "beacuse I only trade majors". after awhile started taking losses on U/Y. I turned it of on this pair and closed the trades for this pair. It is doing WELL. I have on separate platform tests running on other pairs too and the results so far for USD/CND the same as U/Y.

Let me know if you have questions.

Ross

Ps. I am using this EA also on my NF Real account.Good results.

V1a

I've been running v1.0a for almost a month now on my live account. I'm trading 10 pairs which includes cable. I'm using mono 30/300/30 settings on the 1 min charts with the divergence feature activated. 24/7 trading.... Only one loss in this time. With the float taken out I've gained 21% on my account in less than a month meaning that my equity had increased 21%. To get my lot sizes I multiply .0001 times my equity so my risk has been minimal even when the market has trended the past couple weeks. Right now I'm shooting for 3-15% equity increase per month on my account so I don't see this as being very difficult as long as your risk is spread out or properly managed. I can't remember what board it was on but I think Maji stated that there's too many people on these boards trying to be overnight millionares. I believe that if you properly manage your risk with this ea you'll make money in the long run. For a long time I was running multilotscalper variants on my live account and at one point over a four month period I was able to quadruple my live account even with one margin call early on. Then, all of a sudden I had two margin calls within a week and a half and my account was blown. I now believe that for the long term you need to focus on achieving nice consistent returns on a regular basis that you can compound instead of going for the gold and then losing it all a month later or even worse six months down the road getting blown out.

Nick,

Nick, hello!--rswamy4449

faifarni:
I've been running v1.0a for almost a month now on my live account. I'm trading 10 pairs which includes cable. I'm using mono 30/300/30 settings on the 1 min charts with the divergence feature activated. 24/7 trading.... Only one loss in this time. With the float taken out I've gained 21% on my account in less than a month meaning that my equity had increased 21%. To get my lot sizes I multiply .0001 times my equity so my risk has been minimal even when the market has trended the past couple weeks. Right now I'm shooting for 3-15% equity increase per month on my account so I don't see this as being very difficult as long as your risk is spread out or properly managed. I can't remember what board it was on but I think Maji stated that there's too many people on these boards trying to be overnight millionares. I believe that if you properly manage your risk with this ea you'll make money in the long run. For a long time I was running multilotscalper variants on my live account and at one point over a four month period I was able to quadruple my live account even with one margin call early on. Then, all of a sudden I had two margin calls within a week and a half and my account was blown. I now believe that for the long term you need to focus on achieving nice consistent returns on a regular basis that you can compound instead of going for the gold and then losing it all a month later or even worse six months down the road getting blown out. Nick,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick: hello!

Which broker are you using now!

Iam ready to start my live trading with Firebird version c1. For more than a month I had been using this EA in my demo.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Rama

(rswamy4449)

currently using interbankfx....no problems with them.....whenever I have a question I call them immediately and the staff is always available.

faifarni:
I've been running v1.0a for almost a month now on my live account. I'm trading 10 pairs which includes cable. I'm using mono 30/300/30 settings on the 1 min charts with the divergence feature activated. 24/7 trading.... Only one loss in this time. With the float taken out I've gained 21% on my account in less than a month meaning that my equity had increased 21%. To get my lot sizes I multiply .0001 times my equity so my risk has been minimal even when the market has trended the past couple weeks. Right now I'm shooting for 3-15% equity increase per month on my account so I don't see this as being very difficult as long as your risk is spread out or properly managed. I can't remember what board it was on but I think Maji stated that there's too many people on these boards trying to be overnight millionares. I believe that if you properly manage your risk with this ea you'll make money in the long run. For a long time I was running multilotscalper variants on my live account and at one point over a four month period I was able to quadruple my live account even with one margin call early on. Then, all of a sudden I had two margin calls within a week and a half and my account was blown. I now believe that for the long term you need to focus on achieving nice consistent returns on a regular basis that you can compound instead of going for the gold and then losing it all a month later or even worse six months down the road getting blown out. Nick,

Nick I share you sentiment. Also as you may alrady know, if your account is larger then $5000 this ea is more profitable. The %21 is for a week.on a $5000 account it did produce almost $1500 in a week time also IBFx. on a $2000 account withNF it didn't go beyond $250 with -$170 floating open trades.

If you want we can discuss your exact setting or swap set files. If you are interested let me know.I am trying to understand the settings better with a logical explanation of course.

Ross.

faifarni:
What the heck does mono 30/300/30 mean???

Dave

<<<

iscuba11:
What the heck does mono 30/300/30 mean???

Dave

<<<

30tp/300sl/30pipstep...... .1%bands

can Firebird run on small equity like usd100.00..... is it high risk...?