CatFx50 - page 36

bubble:
Hi Nina,

I am sure that everybody appreciates the effort you have gone to post this system and im sure that you ll agree that any system without an exit strategy is doomed to fail, so it would be good if more work was put into finding one.

According to your post which is quoted above you have been trading this system live for some time and are not happy unless you make 500 pips per month.

So it may be an idea if you could post some details of when you trade live and when and why you exit a trade.

bubble

A lot of good traders think that 'exit' is an art and not an science.

This means that most of this is intuitive knowledge.

We can do our best in help Nina, converting intuitive knowledge in objetive rules. I think we also can go to swim in demo accounts ... and try to find good rules ourselves.

bubble:
Hi Nina,

I am sure that everybody appreciates the effort you have gone to post this system and im sure that you ll agree that any system without an exit strategy is doomed to fail, so it would be good if more work was put into finding one.

According to your post which is quoted above you have been trading this system live for some time and are not happy unless you make 500 pips per month.

So it may be an idea if you could post some details of when you trade live and when and why you exit a trade.

bubble

Hi, Bubble!

Time and leverage have shown me to make money in this world. Tell me a good entry that gives me 10/20 pips at least 9 times out of 10 and I'll be happy.

Look at all the entries CatFx50 gives and you'll realize that this system is not the best in town but it pays off.

About the exit: as I know that a lot of buddies trade mini accounts, I'm myself tweaking exits. And I'm sure that with the contribution of all we'll be able to find some. But I want to stress that a trader must feel the market by himself.

PD: Read post 363.

Nina

Hello, nina:

Concerning an exit strategy, yesterday I attached Hull indicator HMA.mq4 to my 5 minute CatFx50 template. You may want to try it. The settings used are:

_maPeriod = 12

_barShift = 2

Just as when preparing a meal, you may want a little more of one value and less of the other in order to suit your taste.

The indicator is found at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173260

I have no idea how profitable it is going to be long term in this time frame or any other for that matter. The indicator is certainly not bullet proof when used alone but as part of the CatFx50 method, it may have promise as an exit tool.

Rancho:
Hello, nina:

Concerning an exit strategy, yesterday I attached Hull indicator HMA.mq4 to my 5 minute CatFx50 template. You may want to try it. The settings used are:

_maPeriod = 12

_barShift = 2

Just as when preparing a meal, you may want a little more of one value and less of the other in order to suit your taste.

The indicator is found at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173260

I have no idea how profitable it is going to be long term in this time frame or any other for that matter. The indicator is certainly not bullet proof when used alone but as part of the CatFx50 method, it may have promise as an exit tool.

Hi Rancho,

can you include a chart with your exit indicator, it's much easier I we can just take a look at it before finding the indicator and downloading tweaking etc. etc.

Thanks for your help.

Many to pips to you.

Stephan

Ref: Can you include a chart with your indicator?

You bet! See attachment

The blue line is the 50 MA, the other is Hull.

Files:
eurusd_1-10.gif  17 kb

Rancho:
Ref: Can you include a chart with your indicator?

You bet! See attachment

The blue line is the 50 MA, the other is Hull.

Hi Rancho,

the CatFX50 works of the 30MIN chart for your entry with StepMA Stoch confirming confirming, 5MIN will be to much noise with a lot of change in direction around the 50EMA.

It looks like Hull is lacking behind price, therefore will be to slow for any exit point, have to see it on a higher level 15MIN or 30MIN

I'm playing arroung with CCI and three setting 10red 20orange 30blue, looks like 10red gives you a head up of bottom and top with 20 orange being top bottom, but this is just an idea and kind of try out have to look at more data

Files:

hello nina

Hello, Nina. Thank you for your practical thread. I'm a newbie from china, and i started focusing on the thread when i registered a couple days before. Trading on North Finance just as you do, I care to find some steady way to earn 10-20 pips a day with minimum risk, say, 10 pips loss in a week. I'm using EMA50, StepMA, Hull's MA on TF30/TF15 chart. A question, How can we filter out those without any obvious trend? You know sometime EMA gets losed in the bush and StepMA keeps flip/flop.

I need all your help to build up my confidence in the risky market. I met a margin call so far. Fortunately it's not so much.

one more filter for CATFX50

Thank you nina and other folks for your contributions. Check this out and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

SFX

Files:
tops.png  20 kb

Hi, Rancho, Shausmann and Shahzadfx!

Thank you for your contribution.

The best an operative thing here should be to post whatever we have tested.

Demo whatever idea (tool) and when you have results, post it. It will be easier for all.

Again, thank you!

Nina

SteveFareast:
Hello, Nina. Thank you for your practical thread. I'm a newbie from china, and i started focusing on the thread when i registered a couple days before. Trading on North Finance just as you do, I care to find some steady way to earn 10-20 pips a day with minimum risk, say, 10 pips loss in a week. I'm using EMA50, StepMA, Hull's MA on TF30/TF15 chart. A question, How can we filter out those without any obvious trend? You know sometime EMA gets losed in the bush and StepMA keeps flip/flop. I need all your help to build up my confidence in the risky market. I met a margin call so far. Fortunately it's not so much.

Hi and welcome, SteveFareast!

There is not a Holy Grail. Take care. Demo the system first and when you think you feel confident: go ahead. You will get money here, but you must be prepared to lose some: that's the game.

This week so far, for instance, is a mess: we are in consolidation mode. We do not have a clear direction. So it is very difficult and risky to trade.

好运气和感谢您

Nina