Laguerre indicator - page 10

mod Laguerre_RSI_v1.1 (if ShowLevelSig = true & ShowCrossings = false - bar-like mode)

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173022

mladen:
Hermo Set all 3 gamas to same values but also set the Smooth1, Smooth2 and Smooth3 to 0, Then you are going to get exactly the same values. Smoothing in the two is different. The "x 3" is using simple moving average. The "zero line" version is using a sort of a triangular moving average (non repainting tma) and they can not be the same when smoothing is turned on

Why did you use the tma as a smoother in zero line version?

on my own:
Why did you use the tma as a smoother in zero line version?

I did it because John Ehlers uses tma very frequently as a filter in his other indicators. This way, with an addition of tma, it is simply a "John Ehlers style" of smoothing applied to it (Ehlers never used sma for filter or smoothing as far as I recall, but right now I am not 100% sure) and that way it is a sort of "all in the family" indicator then

mladen:
I did it because John Ehlers uses tma very frequently as a filter in his other indicators. This way, with an addition of tma, it is simply a "John Ehlers style" of smoothing applied to it (Ehlers never used sma for filter or smoothing as far as I recall, but right now I am not 100% sure) and that way it is a sort of "all in the family" indicator then

I see

I see also that there are only certain lengths of TMA available for smoothing. Can we gave a version that can use any tma length for smoothing?

on my own:
I see I see also that there are only certain lengths of TMA available for smoothing. Can we gave a version that can use any tma length for smoothing?

I think it would be nice

mladen:
Here you go guys Any length triangular moving average can be used for smoothing the result (non-repainting triangular moving average) :

Thank you

mladen:
Here you go guys Any length triangular moving average can be used for smoothing the result (non-repainting triangular moving average) :

Thank you mladen

Here you go guys Any length triangular moving average can be used for smoothing the result (non-repainting triangular moving average) : laguerre_rsi_zero_line_2_nmc.mq4

Just to point at one option that that version of laguerre rsi has : smoothing the price instead of value. Upper in the example is when the price is smoothed and lower is when the result is smoothed (both tma period 10)

Files:
laguerre_3.gif  66 kb

mladen:
Just to point at one option that that version of laguerre rsi has : smoothing the price instead of value. Upper in the example is when the price is smoothed and lower is when the result is smoothed (both tma period 10)

Hello mladen,

Does this indicator repaint after the bar has closed? And how do I set up this option in the properties please?

Thank you