need some help in gettin aroud this - page 3

@nicwaznego

No, its not about the money. It's all about Expectation in Forex (In my dear Opinion). My background is Risk-Taking and limited at that. If you ask a question which You think is simple but don't get any response or a response which seems silly then maybe the question was not as simple. Electrical Engineering is a science which is much more Mature than mql4-coding. And I'll wager it has allot more followers. I can walk to a local college and sign up to become a Electrical Engineer, but have yet to see a college course for becoming a Forex-Trader or Mql4 programmer.

Here's one of my experience. Before signing up for mql4.com, I posted on another forex-forum but no one responded to my post. I felt bad, and then i signed up for mql4.com and someone did respond to my post. So, I was like, I like this place. Then one day I got stuck on checking the last closed order win-or-lose? but i didn't know about order_History and I asked here but NO one responded to my post. I started working on the problem and soon I figured it out from the book. In the process I learned allot of things from the book. It toke me a week just to find the answer to if the last closed order was a win-or-loss.

I still visit the old forum which didn't answer my question and find helpful info on there from time to time. In conclusion, just because someone doesn't respond with the answer you want ... when you want... does not make it all about the money. You have to show that you're doing your part .. read a book, search google, search mql4.com. 98% of the questions you have have already been answered. 1% we haven't had time to answer yet. And the other 1% we may just not know the answer :)

I posted on another forex-forum but no one responded to my post. I felt bad, - same experience

then i signed up for mql4.com and someone did respond to my post. So, I was like, I like this place. - same:) its about you guys.

I started working on the problem and soon I figured it out from the book - all i do now

WHRoeder:
Someone STOLE someone's intellectual property by decompiling an executable. You violated his copyrghite by publishing the code. No one here should help you.
DELETED..... Done and Dusted.

forexCoder:
Hm. Not against it :) just expect to get paid more for it. After all it gives the owner some more options that he wouldn't have otherwise (or with just the executable).

Yes I agree with that too, no one should expect to recieve source code if they are only willing to pay tens of dollars for the EA. In that case they should presume to be buying an EA as an end user, after supplying their requirements regarding trade criteria. This allows the programmer save on programming time by using his own templates and previously created functions which he may use over and over for different clients and may not wish to part with those particular source codes.

ubzen:

If someone hires you to code something for him, HE is the owner and has a right to the code.

Thanks WHRoeder, that seems fair to me. My own taught as to why some programmers may not want to provide the source code is because they've used allot of template-like coding example: allot of includes and libraries. So maybe it becomes difficult for them to provide the source-code without giving away allot of hard-worked pre-maded codes.

So should a hired-programmer be advised to write the codes from scratch then?

Yes absolutely, you should use your previously created multipurpose fucnctions only if your client is an end user, if the whole project including sources is to become his property you should write custom code specificaly for his EA, this is one of the reasons he should expect to pay a lot more for that than he would for an executable only.

Well then hired programmers should explain this clearly to the customer before-hand. And not expect that the customer expect Not to receive a source code because they're just paying only $20.

@Ubzen: of course :)

Wooo now I can trade my games' currencies as well. Totally awesome, me wants. Mods, delete last 2 posts :)

ubzen:
Well then hired programmers should explain this clearly to the customer before-hand. And not expect that the customer expect Not to receive a source code because they're just paying only $20.

Yes I agree I'm suprised no guidlines regarding all this have been written on here before, the way I see it, if a client wants a simple EA based on a couple of indicators, like you know, macd above signal line, RSI below x amount etc, they should be looking to buy an executable only, expect it will be created from the developers templates in a hour or two and pay tens of dollars for it, this allows for the developer to use his templates and pre made multipurpose functions which he doesnt want to give away.

But if the client wants an EA based on a more complex strategy he spent months developing and wants to keep private he should negotiate the full project with the developer and the developer should write custom code for that project and relinquish all rights to that source code to the client and the client should expect to pay several hundreds of dollars for all that.

I guess the problem arises when so many people want their cake and eat it, in other words they want ownership of the full project while only paying 20 bucks for it, thats not going to work.

I disagree. When you hire a programmer, he is your employee. All work he generates is for you, you are the owner, you get the source code, you paid for it and he must not publish it because it's not his.

If I write an EA, I own the code. If I sell the EA to people, they don't get the source because I still own it, they only bought the EA.

The 20 bucks is irrelevant unless there is a prior agreement between the two parties, such as 20 down, you get the EA and verify, pay the rest and get the code.