MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 947

Multiple orders problem  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi all, I've an issue with my code. When an order (buy or sell) open others come in a row. What I'm try to do is; if last order is a sell then open a buy order when price come above the order Openprice plus some pips(ReturnDist). if last order is a buy then open a sell order when price come under
Hi guys,   Nice to meet you. I first introduce myself. I am from Asia Hong Kong and is a CFA. Now I start learning MT4 EA and automated trading.      As I am not graduated from Computer Programming, I have lots of questions when start learning the programe in MT4.   I have spent about 2 months to...
[Deleted]
i keep getting this OrderSend Error 130 error when i back test my expert advisor, i already googled it and found out that it is related to stoploss and take profit value being lower than the brokers limit hence i raised it over eer the brokers allowance but the error still persist in my journal...
I am just trying to figure out how to write output to a local file and the following lines compile and do not produce an error when ran, but I cannot find the file anywhere on my pc.  I checked the /EXPERTS/FILES & /TESTER/FILES directories and they are empty. handle=FileOpen("forex.csv",...
  MT4 doesn't have long to live  (827   1 2 3 4 5 ... 82 83)
These are the pies. See https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/6337/page4 Renat : We have already achieved a great speed boost in the development version (it is for internal development) in the Open Price mode and solved the issue of speed difference between MT4 and MT5 testers. The speed in Open Price
Is it possible to avoid order history , type "balance" in my for next loop?  I've searched but found nothing enlightening.  I need to ignore results of type "balance": // return last closed ticket (returns -1 if not found):int LastClosedTicket;{   datetime last_closed = 0;           // close time...
I have a function here that i use to calculate the total risk per currency pair. I have it displayed on my chart so i know my total exposure if all trades on that pair hit there stop loss. void Pair_risk() {   if (show_risk==false)return; int i; double trade_cash_risk,percent_risk;...
[Deleted]
Guys I have a problem with my MT4. When I connect from home it login without problem, but from work it does not? What can I do to let MQ4 connect from work? Appreciating any help
Hello, I am new to MT4 and MQL4. I tried to run an EA as an Indicator and I receive the message "2013.01.28 19:14:56 Expert 'AAAA' is not custom indicator and will be removed". My question is how can be distinguished in code between the two ? At the first look I see no difference in coding.... out...
[Deleted]
  Hi guys!  (4)
Hi guys! I whant to make one EA! I dont now how to make for  sending  a new pending order only when the last pending order become a normal order, buy or sell! Thank you verry much guys! If somebody can help me? ...mehba752007@yahoo.com
I have alerts that display details of an executed trade once the trade line has been executed.  Problem is, the alerts display but the trade is not executed.  So the criteria for the trade is met an and the trade is not executed but the alert line is.  This EA has worked in the past and the trade...
[Deleted]
Hi there all, Am I allowed to run more than 1 EA on the same profile but on many different charts within the same Profile, please? In another words: I have many charts opened under a certain Profile. I need to run an EA on each one of these charts/ trading instruments in the same time. Am I allowed...
Hello, I am in need of some help regarding an EA I have programmed that has indicators which can be set to true or false, currently I use an else statement to call another function that will run if the existing function is set to false. The problem with this is that I end up with a huge list of...
I thought it would be helpful for new coders (and experienced coders) to post an updated version of MMA_Breakout_strategy_Volume I, so novice/experienced coders alike could have a chance of understanding the two important updates required for this EA (volume I) to run smoother and more efficiently
Hi : I am trying to write a EA which keeps track of my mannually open orders. I am wondering if it is possible to know the ticket number which is converted by a pending order for example sell limit, buy stop order etc. I want to make the pending order mannually, and then input the pending order...
[Deleted]
I'm a new user on MT4 and am surprised and getting frustrated at how much it crashes indiscriminately.  Can anybody give me some direction on how to fix this, or what some of the causes are, so I can understand the platform better and see if I can actually use it? Many thanks for the help.... Rick
[Deleted]
I've been using this indicator long enough,. now I want to change the zoom,. how to keep this indicator is behind candle but do not use the chart on the foreground in the properties,. I've tried to add some code in MQL's but always error...
Hi all I'm quite new in this world, and I have one simple question.  Is there a standard variable that I can use to lookup the current TP price? Thanks in advance. Best regards G 
Hello What is the difference between these two functions, because in the documentation the descriptions are very similar? Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi, if possible disable view value of indicators in the indicator window?
thank you very  much 
Hi. I suggest that the esteemed community come up with a process that cannot be predicted (so that no money can be made on this prediction). At the same time, the process should not have stationary stat-characteristics over time
I think lots of MT4 trader is gonna like this. Unfortunately, I´ve searched a lot in internet but I didn´t find it. Situation: imagine in your MT4 you have a profile which you use to analyse 8 different pairs. All the graphics are at this moment in M1 periodicity and you want to change all the...
Hi all  I've created three version of my own EA that I'm going to test.  To be able to compare those versions of the EA, I'd like to run them on the same demo account to make sure that they are working on the same input.  But I'm not quite sure how I can identify them afterwards ... do you know...
Hello, I have a timer function that works fine  but I want a comment in the upper corner of the chart that says someting like this when the EA runs: "Trade allowed between xx and xx" I've tried to add the Comment() function but I cant place it right without errors..       //Timer      if(UseTimer ==...
[Deleted]
This is more a question for professional programmers than for beginners. But beginners' opinions will also be interesting. We will not talk about traders, but about programmers who write Expert Advisors , indicators and scripts in Mql4. Imagine that you have such a task: You have a folder with
[Deleted]
Please tell me,What is the role of the options? Thank you! 
Hello Forum, with help I previously got an indicator to work which simply put a small box on the chart to illustrate the current spread between bid and ask. With labels at the Ask and Bid levels Now I am trying to work out how to insert the actual values of the Ask and Bid prices into the label...
I am looking for an indicator that looks like the following (I CANNOT find one anywhere):     and..   Thanks. DaveFX 
I want to learn to program an EA and realize it will take work and study. I was wondering, can most of the writing and testing of an EA be done without a connection to a broker? Right now I have a metatrader demo account that I have been unsuccessful in getting to run any EA's on and realize that if...