MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 893

Hi All, Just wanted to ask a question about something which I couldn't find an answer for after spending ages googling. I've used Expert Advisor Builder to make an EA that automatically places a buy/sell order. The problem is, even though all the indicators are satisfied, an order is not placed...
Hoping this message could be of any help after having lost two days working on understanding what was wrong... Apparently there is no way to create the simplest possibile application to read a 1-column csv file with n-rows of data. Any 2 ore more columns csv file will be read with no problems, but...
[Deleted]
Hello there, I started playing with the Alligator indicator and after finding the optimum settings for my exit, i suddenly realised that despite showing on the graph, the Alligator's lips were not giving me any data to my EA. Here is the code and settings: alLip_1 = iAlligator ( NULL , 0 , 13 , 8
Hello guys, i never had a problem like this. My Login/Account Information disappears after closing MetaTrader 4 Client. What could be the reason for that bug ? 
New MetaTrader 4 platform build 507 is being prepared for release. After the release of the update, we will publish an additional news containing the full list of changes and the build number Attention! From August 1, 2013 desktop client terminals older than build 500 will be no longer supported....
  Spam Comments  (4)
Can a moderator check out these spam comments - samples below - Thanks 1.PSAR trader v2Best Performing Forex Robots (Test Results) Thanks! Code Base | 2013.06.14 04:11 | Beakon 2.A System: Championship 2008 Final Edit2008 eh, lets see how she performs in 2013 :)Best Performing Forex Robots (Test...
Hello, I would like to know if there must be a change in a line in this code (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/117683 ).  I would like to change the integer number to double, and how can I call a number from that file later in my EA, if I do not know its position, and I would like that number to be...
  Small questions  (7)
Hi all, I've been saving a few small questions to ask in 1 go: 1) is there any disadvantage to use Ask, Bid, Digits, Time[] etc. many times within a function... I see many people assign it to a variable such as "askprice" etc. and then use that thereafter... is this best practice? The same questions...
  strategy testing  (1)
yesterday i opened strategy tester in mt4 salected date from ex 1 may and then to date does not get selected and optimization gets selected pl guide attached file photo 
[Deleted]
Hi folks, I'm new to MQL4 and am trying to create a custom pivot indicator across daily, weekly, monthly calcs as an exercise in programming. My question is: If I have an indicator value in say the D1 timeframe and move to the H4 timeframe how do I maintain the values of D1 in H4? For example, if...
hi  i try study mql4 but i have problem with ECN Broker :(  use JFD Brokers MetaTrader 4 and forex.com but i have different result .! StopLoss=3 TakeProfit=3 Lot=0.10 slipage=1 method Buy int Buy(){RefreshRates();      if(StopLoss==0) double bsl=0;   else bsl=Ask-(StopLoss*Point);...
[Deleted]
#define SIGNAL_NONE 0#define SIGNAL_BUY   1#define SIGNAL_SELL  2#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4#property copyright "Expert Advisor Builder"#property link      "http://sufx.core.t3-ism.net/ExpertAdvisorBuilder/"extern int MagicNumber = 0;extern bool SignalMail = False;extern bool...
Hello, I am trying to export data from MT4 to excel for a list of date recorded in the input file. The High, low, close and Sto is exported correct to the output file but I cannot get the RSI information out. This code return the value of RSI of the last date on chart instead of the date in the...
[Deleted]
First, let me thank you for your help. It's been a few days already that i'm trying to find a solution to my problem. I wanna make an expert advisor a bit special. I wanna put 2  first command (buy and sell) at the same time for example: Buy=15$  and Sell=-15$ we take the 15$ and leave the  -15$...
i am trading with a robot who does cost averaging on 4 hours .when trend on daily chart is  buy i keep long  on in setting and viceversa . but when news are there should robot be kept off.ex on wed eur/usd went from buy to sell .pl guide
Hi all,  At first, ea is working fine, but once an order is closed but trailingstop the ea do not start to open an order. As it is, once price is greater than the OpenDistance the ea open an order and if price goes back more than the OppositeDistance an opposite orders is open and the last one is...
Hi I have trading a demo account on Instaforex for a few months, today I noticed an entry in the account history showing a nice size deposit with an entry "Trade Result for 2013-04". Any ideas what this is? I'm guessing a correction to something that happend back in April that has finally been...
I am a beginner programmer and have not been programming for more than a year and want to create a new EA. I have really a simple question about a line of code that is causing an error in my program. It seems that the format I use is not acceptable. Can anyone guide me to the correct format this...
What do you think of that
How to create the script to insert / change stop-loss price with the position price ? Thanks in advance ~  
I want to generate lines automatically. Insert line automatically every hour with the initial 00.00.00 price, 01.00.00 price, etc? (1) How do I do this? Or (2) Where do I had better take a look at to get help?    Thanks in advance -  ;->  
Hi, Please help me. I am coding an EA that open a trade (buy or sell) when MA20 cross MA5. I want to stoploss at cross-over point. How can I detemine cross-over point value?   Thank you very much! 
[Deleted]
I have not used meta editor of MT4 for compiling and making .mq4 file. I have a code which plots BB with deviation in decimal points. Pl. convert it to .mq4 file
  Question on DLL ......  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Can you guys tell me what can be transferred to the DLL and what can't? Is it possible to use predefined variables in the DLL
Hi guys, do you have an indicator for this strategy? I would compare and study the relationships between two indexes or commodities. Many thanks, Stefano
[Deleted]
double HighValue,LowValue; HighValue=High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,100,1)]; LowValue= Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,1,1)]; HighValue - LowValue = 0.00095 true;  OrderSend ("EURUSD",OP_BUY,0,01,Bid,3,Ask -5 * Point,Ask +10 * Point); HighValue - LowValue = 0.00225 true;   OrderSend ("EURUSD",OP_BUY,0...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone I used an online code genetor to generate some code with a long and short entry signal.  Here's the scenario, it triggers long and a trade is opened with stops and targets set.  Then the market reverses, stop is not hit but a short is triggered.  I would like it to open a short (keeping...
  mql funtion  (13   1 2)
Is there any Funtion that tell me when a candle close if it was bearish or bullish? Thank you in advance Aldo
Hi all, I've a problem with the follow code to get the trailing Stop to start after a minimum profit is reached. As it is when a profit of 5 pips is reached, the stop loss should get positioned at 3 pips after the order open price, but what is happening is that once we get a profit  of 5 pips the...
  MACHINE period with minus value  (324   1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33)
Hello.. Can you tell me how to make a MA or EMA period with a minus value when the settings do not allow it... ? For example, how and where do I tweak the code so that the MA settings can put a minus period and have it triggered? Second option: need to mirror the MA somehow, with a positive period