MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 872

[Deleted]
Hello I have a problem with requotes and need your advice. When I send an open or close order to a broker, he sends me requotes so many times that it throws a TOO_MANY_ORDERS error. How do you guys handle that error? I mean, I have created a function that resends the request to him again and again...
Hello, I have a EA that I found on the forums that had some math errors and such, but once corrected works on the Demo server without any problems and does what I want. When I try it with a live account it just sits there with a silly smiley face in the corner but not doing anything. Anybody have...
  Apply the template programmatically?  (72   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Need the most efficient way possible in source code, using winapi exclusively. A library is not an option. Emulation of user actions too. Help plz, I've got some cool stuff on my mind
Hello MetaTrader-Team, why are in the Version 4.00 Build 509 the results in the strategietester canceld. In the older version the results are displayed. 2013.08.18 13:29:26 There were 6 passes done during optimization, 6 results have been discarded as insignificant Thanks, Andreas
  Robot Trading  (1)
Why is it when I subscribe to a robot trader - it has no problem opening positions but it doesn't close them. It shows that it closed its own position at a profit but I am still sitting in the trade.
Hi: I am wondering what's the difference between using an include file and a library file. As I understand, a library file is compiled and the code of an include file is included in the ea code and then compiled. In term of the execution efficiency, which one is more efficient please? Thanks
Good Day.. I develop an EA on 2 simple moving averages to which it will Open/Close trades when 2 sma's crossed. The only problem is that, sometimes, the 2 sma's almost cross each other but after a few ticks it will not eventually cross and for that instant, trades will be Opened or closed according
Hi all, I write a indicator to determination candle breakout between 2 top of point. I write a trendline from Top of point A to Top of Point B . But i don't know how to get value in this trendline at Point C ( between point A and Point B). Like picture in below. Please help me . Thanks a lot
[Deleted]
Hello! I have a point on H4 TF and want to catch that point on other TFs as well. When I write: 240 * j / Period() where j is the order of the point on H4 TF (e.g. if it is the current bar j = 0, for the previous bar j = 1, etc.) I obtain the correct results fot D1, H4 itself, H1, M30, M15, but not...
[Deleted]
  Problem with EMPTY_VALUE  (21   1 2 3)
Hello, I have a problem with EMPTY_VALUE constant. I have created an indicator which assigns a value to an element in a buffer or it assigns an EMPPTY_VALUE, but when I check the value in expert advisor its value is 2147483647.0000. So in the "if" statement if(value == EMPTY_VALUE) resolves to...
[Deleted]
I am a bit new to forex trading. I have heard of an Algorithmic Forex Trading strategy to maximize profits. Could anyone tell me more about it? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I have following: if ( MathAbs (Bid - h1000) < Point * 10 ) { Print ( "Bid: " , DoubleToStr(Bid, 8 )); Print ( "h1000: " , DoubleToStr(h1000, 8 )); } if ( (Bid - h1000) > 0.0 ) { Print ( "Bid > h1000" ); res = DoBuy(); return
Whats wrong with this code? I get previous day high/low/close and start calculation. To get previous day high/low/close i got simple code here. just added some code for previous day low,close and calculations. when i compile which shows error message [' - array index is to be an integer Here is the...
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Trying to develop an EA. Can someone please help me for the query below? I want to mark a dot like parabolic sar at closing or opening price of a candle. Please provide the code if possible. Thanks raghu
[Deleted]
  Start function every tick?  (13   1 2)
hi, I'm new to MetaTrader and have a question to the start function when writing an expert advisor. As far the documentation says, the start function will be executed every new tick. Assume that a tick wil be emitted every second, then I have 60 ticks per minute, 3600 tick per hour. Assume I have a...
  Econometrics: bibliography  (189   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
If you Google the word " econometrics ", you will get a huge list of literature, which is difficult to understand even for an expert. One book says one thing, another - another, the third - just a compilation of the first two with some inaccuracies. But the "from the books" approach combines not
How to make an artificial OCO order (One Cancel Other) with using pending orders? What i mean about this i need a code how to test if one pending order is on and cancel the other.To be more specific i need it for stop orders,so: Place a BUYSTOP and SELLSTOP at the same time (i have this so i dont...
MQL4: I often test my EAs first without optimization and then in a second step I tune the parameters using "Optimization". E.g., I step through different values for Stop Loss settings. My latest EA uses Trendlines and calculates differences between Values and the trendline. The tester works perfect...
Hello, I've been trying to get my ordersend function to work but I keep getting error 130. The function is as follows: currentOrder = OrderSend(currencies[i], OP_SELL, 0.1, Bid, 3, Bid+(MarketInfo(currencies[i], MODE_STOPLEVEL) + MarketInfo(currencies[i], MODE_SPREAD))*0.0001,...
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I'm a Java developer and I am now learning mql4. I am trying to write an indicator and I can't see anything drawn. I am doing something similar to ZigZag so I don't have a value to draw for every candle (I set those to EMPTY_VALUE). Also when I have a value to add to the buffer, it is not...
Hi, I'm trying to extract the object values from trend lines on my chart to a csv file. I started with the RSI_to_file script, which can get the indicator values from a number of different symbols in one go. My problem is, because I'm getting the values from an object, I can't specify what symbol...
  price gap ?  (14   1 2)
Hi, I'm planning to write a code that could change current chart's every order's SL to a new level IF current currency reaches a specific price. (my purpose is: if some price reached, I'll add some position and have to adjust all SL.) What will this have to be? EA or script? I'm wondering: if I...
I am sending an Alert when certain conditions are true. I do not want this Alert to be repeated again and again while the same bar is still open, so I have written a little code to prevent this. The problem is it should be easy for me to see why it is not working, but I am blind so the Alerts keep...
hi guys, whats does that meen ? stopped because of Stop Out thanks
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                         multi_chart_analyzer.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
Hey guys, I want to make an EA that can view area on charts and recognize different color changes within my indicators, without using code from my indicators. Is this possible?
Hello all, I'm currently developing an EA that needs to modify its open orders. I used the codes shown below if(trailingstop>0) { if(Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>Point*trailingstop) {...
Hi I'm playing with the IMA/MODE_SMA averages. on 1min charts. To get the rate of change(angle of the curve) I'm using deltas between current MA value and the one calculated at the last bar. However because the Bars are no exactly aligned with Ticks the results seem to be a bit erratic around Bar...
As the title, can anyone help me? I tried to code, but it not work. :(
[Deleted]
Hi! Please explain how can i output several things in comment() function without having to write a mile long line. I mean how do i write it the following way: Comment("..",..); Comment("..",..); Comment("..",..); and not Comment("..",..".",..............................................................