MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 822

hi guys. i'm studying as noob. plz help me how to get today's date? as "d=10" "m=10" y="2013"?
Hi coders, I wanted to create a script which contains user-defined colors. But there is always a compiling error. I think it is not possible to initialize an array with user-defined variables. But how can I solve this problem? When I initialize the array directly with the colors, there is no problem...
Imagine that the first tick coming, EA will run and decide do something or not, but what will happen when the second tick is coming before completing EA's computing about first tick? thanks.
  two ea two chart  (7)
i use two ea with different two 5m chart. both of them eur/usd. but second isn't work. i use diffent magic number. please help me :/ can i use different ea's in the same metatrader ?
Dear All, I guess this must be a silly question but I haven't found a final answer to it so there I go. I want to develop an EA gathering info about my orders in a MT4 platform (this one is easy) so that all relevant info (open Price, SL, TP, symbol) is exported to an external file. My question is:...
[Deleted]
Already figure out how to code the Auto Reverse Signal. But can not figure how to add delay code for Having 2 times of Account Loss before change signal. #define SIGNAL_NONE 0#define SIGNAL_BUY   1#define SIGNAL_SELL  2#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4   extern string...
[Deleted]
Hello, my code is opening and closing trades as long as indicator1 > indicator2. I want to make it trade only once, in the beggining, when the conditions are met. Then wait for the conditions to be different, and when they are met again, it should start trading again. Please help me with this.
  Problem with Filedelete  (13   1 2)
Can anyone help me?, When trying to delete a file I get the error 4100 (Some File Error). Below you can see the code I use. Thank you. int handle_input; string file_name="operaciones_file.csv"; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert start function...
Hello Everyone, All the best for the new year coming. Anyone ever run across this backtesting. Ive seen this before but dunno the solution. I have downloaded correct history of data but how can it backtest and close or open order not on the bar at all and past the top like these. How is that...
I tried with this: #import "kernel32.dll"double CreateThread(int _1, int _2, double function, int _4, int _5, int _6);#import#import "user32.dll"   int MessageBoxA(int hWnd, string szText, string szCaption,int nType);#importint init(){   double hThread = CreateThread(0, 0, myMessageBox(), 0, 0,...
X3MA, It uses 3 fast MAs to determine entries and exits as well in an event of a crossover. I have been hacking my mind trying to look for a good indicator to help towards the exit of the trades of this EA. This is because it has a good entry but poor exit. Over 80% of the time the EA trades...
Hi, i need the full function of iMA() especially the exponential moving average.I would like to study how a moving average is calculated so please give me the full iMA() function, thanks :)
Perhaps this topic is available in the MQL4community forum, but I haven't noticed. If not, then: -Greetings, gentlemen inventors! You've reached the critics. - From the title of the thread we can conclude that this thread is "discussing" NEW indicators. Feel free, dear traders - programmers, no one
[Deleted]
  A Doubt...  (5)
im trying to transform some indicator to expert advisor just for display some information(acc detail, spread swap ....) the problem i met is how to display it on other corner rather than top left side, because i using comment function to display it
  Fixing an EA  (1)
[Deleted]
Hi, Would like to ask, is there anyone encountered invalid lot number for OrderClose function() ? I'm trying to play around with the EA, a very simple EA. The lot I had initially is 0.1 when executing order send. Then when I tried to loop through all the order, all order lots is 0. Here is my code:...
[Deleted]
Hi,is it possible to get the exact price at a certain fibo level (for example 50%) with mql4 without the need to manually take the two points and divide them by two bla,bla,bla..? I mean to build a function with objectcreate if I am not mistaken using two points,and get the price value of a certain...
Hi : I have a simple question. Every time press the right arrow button, the chart will move 3 bars or so. Is there any options that can enable only move 1 single bar at a time when pressing the right arrow button please? It would be much more convenient for reading the chart. Thanks
[Deleted]
...... deleted for personal reasons
[Deleted]
Hi there! I am new to mql 4 and I made a simple 2 EMA cross advisor, which I have tested on demo account , but a little bit scared to get it on a real one Testing it with small lots on 1h scale would take too much time, and testing it on minutes scales is expensive, because the minimal lot at my
Hi, I am running 2 indicator scripts at the same time both making text outputs (Prints...) in the experts window. Is possible to avoid the outputs by a command ? Something in the top of the script like "#property ..." ? Thanks
Hi, I have a custom indicator which does calculations using three time frames and draws them on the chart. It basically draws the 3-sigma bands of t1, t2 and t3 time-frames (t1<t2<t3) on a chart of t1 time-frame. the symbol is not important. I have now written a EA which uses this indicator ( and...
  Question: 'fake trades'?  (11   1 2)
I finally managed to create the code I wanted, and learnt a huge deal from getting stats with it. Probably most importantly , that in about 2 months from now I would have wiped out my account (even though I am making money now). If only I started learning 15 years ago! Now, I have this question. I
I have prepared data for strategy teater as below: open a chart window, zoom out, then mouse left down, drag towards to right from left, many new bars coming; so this behavior has download recent data in the current time frame; now I download like this from 2013.12.1 to now. after this, I download...
[Deleted]
Let say I have 3 sell orders currently running. Which command should I use to close them all? OrderClose() ?
This simple code,add 10 to initial equity value (1000) each second until it reach 1200,now what i want to do if possible?, is fixing value to 1200 . after if my metatrder4 shutdown and restart,de counting process must begin from 1200 and not the old value of 1000. thank for any help...
[Deleted]
Hi. I'm Japanese. So I can't speak English. Sorry. Many people uses there's own indicators. I use "Standard Error Bands" indicator and BollingerBands. Standard Error Bands show the direction of the current trend and the volatility around it. Default settings are LinRegLength(21), SmoothingLength(3)...
[Deleted]
  Buggy iClose ?  (16   1 2)
Today Friday 20 December 2013 (GMT+1), I have identified two situations where iClose at first returned incorrect values. What follows are snippets from my log-files (time-stamped GMT+1). 2013-12-20 00:00:03.7687|TradePlatform.MT4.Core.Nlog.NlogEntryLogger|Debug|4|, <-- ###MQL###|iClose|USDCHF|1440|1
New article Indicator for Kagi Charting has been published: The article "Indicator for Point and Figure Charting" has described one of the programming ways of creating Point and figure chart. This chart is known since the 19th century. However, this is not the only chart from the remote past....