MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 821

back test  (3)
i use my meta trader back test but it start 15 march 2013. F2/ and i download eur/usd but it's not change. because my brokarage is so new. what can i do to back test example 2 or more years ??
Seasonal Greetings What is mq4 best way of predicting the next bars high and low?
Hi, all: I want to calculate the WPR value of a detrended price series. First, I use an indicator buffer to store the detrended price series. But to simplify the question, I directly transfer the raw prices to the buffer. Export the so called "detrended price series" into the chart, we can see it's...
Order of the forecast. 1 - H1 (Getting to know the current market situation). 2 - M30 (More similar familiarity with the current market environment). 3 - M15 (Relating to the main trade. Identification of the "course" of trading (17:00)). 4 - M5 (Main trade (19:00 to 21:00). Adjust main positions
[Deleted]
I'm using Metatrader 4 (Android) and have a Problem with my Candlesticks. I can't see any Candlestick shadows and I can't see this crosshair. It look's like the lines are white (on white background). I'm using a Sony Xperia Z at the moment. 
[Deleted]
  THE IDEA EXCHANGE  (359   1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36)
Sometimes a "creative" crisis sets in and you start scouring the literature and other people's work in search of a fresh or well-forgotten idea. Let's create something like an "Idea Bank" and in this thread will share ideas about trading / autotrading. Ideas are different, new or not very good for
[Deleted]
Hi guys. consider the following line of code: iRSI(SymbolName, PERIOD_D1, 14, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0); if SymbolName is english text, then when I test it the function returns a number, but if it is a persian string it always returns zero. but if I use symbol() function on the same persian symbol chart,...
[Deleted]
Hello, this code is supposed to caclulate the realtive lenght of the whick versus the body of the candle - and after that calculate and visualize an average for a short and a longer period of that I am very new to coding (I suppose I couldn't hide it even if I wanted :)))))) ) - so please show me...
  pollan  (11   1 2)
pollan,what is wrong .?
[Deleted]
can anybody tell me how to create an arrow on a price chart when a particular conditionis met. for eg... if the ADX value isl less than +DI there should be an arrow on the pricechart at this particular price. I am tryin to use ObjectCreate("arrowi",OBJ_ARROW,0,timeofbar,0) but its of no use....
[Deleted]
See the evidence below, Trade #38414, resulted in a profit of $481,700 trading 10 lots of EURUSD. This picture evidence attest to Meta Trader 4 backtesting quality (and this platform is downloaded from Meta Trader itself). A picture is worth a thousand word
hi, i know how about mt5 but... i tried to test indicators on mt4, but i dont arrive when i try demo indicators, i see nothing about indi in my mt4... thx js
I am running an EA in Strategy Tester without using visualization mode. Once it is complete I can see the results in the Results/Graph/Report/Journal tabs but I do not get the charts to display. I thought that as long as trades were executed when running Strategy Tester that the charts would be...
I wanted to ask the community who calculates the speed of price change . Mostly it's news candlesticks. One application is the action of the EA when there is a strong price change over a short period of time For example: Strong news comes out, and it's sensible to either remove the TP - and then set
Hello, I would like know if there is some possibility to get data from different accounts on the same EA. Thank you in advance!
Hi, this EA should close 50% of the position when TP1 is reached and modify the order by placing the stoploss to breakeven and setting TP2 as the take profit for the other 50%. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all... Maybe somebody could help?...
I have steve nison candle scanner for mt4 but somehow it is not working could any programmer help me with that I will attack the files Pls Anyone could fix it
Hey guys, does anyone have an idea how I can check if a bar is starting at a round hour? Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hello traders, I am looking for a forex broker without commission or only a real low percentage per trade. Someone knows of one?
[Deleted]
when up bar there is green color and color changing when down bar [ this for candlestick] what about line chart ? any indicator for that ? color change for different bar
I want to realize that when EA is running to the point where an order should be send, I want to get an "confirm click" to confirm this order should be send or not. I mean sometime I can't make it very clear the order should be sent or not. Thanks for your time.
Hello to all, Need some assistance on the issue of installation for MT4 and MT5 in LG G2. I could not install the apps... My phone show an ERROR saying " unfortunately your device is not supported ". I be searching in google could not find any help, so hope that Im able to post this issue in...
[Deleted]
MT4 doesn't support Android 4.2.2 version. I bought a new mobile. But it was definately disappointment because I can't use MetaTrader4 anymore. Please update mt4 for latest androd version.
Hellowhen i make backtest for EA and total pending orders and orders exceeded more than 200, broker gives error in journal 148 148 mean "The amount of open and pending orders has reached the limit set by the broker."so how to avoid that to complete backtest as i want and increase total orders more...
I was getting some really good trade alerts sent to my yahoo account. Suddenly, last week, they stopped. The error reads, Authentication required 530 5.7.1 I reset all the SMTP Server information correctly as it was, enabled, yet, still the error persists. If you have a fix for this, please email me...
New to Strategy Testing. I'm testing a simple EA however my bar and time doesn't seem to be consistent at all. 2013.12.25 17:06:20 2012.12.27 08:43 wizardTrader01 USDJPY,M1: 2012.12.27 08:42 2013.12.25 17:06:20 2012.12.27 08:42 wizardTrader01 USDJPY,M1: 2012.12.27 08:41 2013.12.25 17:06:18...
If I compile as an expert then when I change the StringVal, the backup changes immediately and the last Print is not called Where is the problem? extern string StringVal = "string" ; string backup = "" ; int init() { Print ( "=========================" ); Print ( "StringVal=" ,StringVal, "
  EA Tester's result  (34   1 2 3 4)
Above pictures are M15 and below pictures are H1: this result is testing the EA for 5 years from 2009 to 2013. but the EA for testing 2001 to 2007 is not good; about 2008, it is very strange: when I test it on 2008's data, only traded 10 orders; when I test it on continuous data from 2008 to 2009
[Deleted]
Need someone that is familiar with both VBA and MQL4. Basically I need a spreadsheet for backtesting. Please leave a PM with your e-mail. Regards
I am not a coder, but I am trying to learn. I created an ea on eabuilder.com, but it needs a modification. Currently it only allows one trade on a currency pair at a time. I would like to make it able to have multiple concurrent trades, and be able to specify how many trades are allowed at a time...