MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 827

[Deleted]
I've been using a demo account for more than two weeks now. And so far I'm doing good and I'm enjoying it. How long should be a demo account be used? What are the good and bad effects of using a demo account for a longer time? Thanks.
I have created an ea for M10 offline chart there is a condition for order close in ea that if the indicator value crosses the value 30 then close the order.I have also attached the indicator to chart to show the values of indicator on every tick. There are many times indicator value crosses value...
the bars like below picture shows; most time I want to get bar A rather than bar B;but use iLowest(), it is easily to get bar B; so how get bar A
Hi, all As my indicator updates only when i change timeframes from higher to lower TF. for e.g. if i need to update the 1M indicator i have to change indicator to M15, M5 and then M1 indicator is refreshed. Thanks... Harry.
[Deleted]
you will see something special for every curreny pair in special time, banks make action.... if see trend today example: gbpjpy or gbpusd or other you will see that works.... for trend needed two point: time1,price1 is timestart and second point: time2,price2 where
I am probably doing something wrong. I am trying to build an array, store it in a file, and read it back. However, it seems to work but the data read back is incorrect!! so obviously it does not work please see the attached code and the associated expert data. int AnalHandle = 0, Row = 1, Column =...
It is too small, I don't see the name of the indicators. either is it possible to increase the size of the icone of the terminal upper bar : Timeframe M1 M5 M15 and the other icone ?
I am interested in adding an ea to my mt4 platform but with the newer platforms the mql4 files will not automatically transform in to a ex4 file like it use to with the older mt4's. Can anyone help please?
  Need Help on this?  (12   1 2)
Hi! I have written EA using 2 strategy. first strategy i use 30 minutes and 2nd strategy i use 4hrs and for JPY pairs. I run EA with 30min tf. for second strategy i used BB indicator at 4hr timeframe and once per bar. I validate the below conditions once per bar. problom is EA check every 30 minute
[Deleted]
  permanent array  (3)
Is there a way of creating a permantent array? It should not be deleted when the indicator is reset (e.g changing timeframe, restart MT4,...). It is possible to create grafical objects and fit its text with the data but is there another way than this workaround? Thanks for any help!
Does anyone know if is possible to write data to an external table mdb Access? is it possible to create a dll? and how to create it?
[Deleted]
PLEASE I NEED HELP. I HAVE TRIED TO TRADE FOREX FOR ABOUT ONE YEAR NOW. BUT A AJOR CHALLENGE I HAVE IS THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHEN TO BUY AND WHEN TO SELL. AS SOON AS I PLACE A BUY POSITION THE MARKET WILL START TO SELL. LIKEWISE IF I PLACE A SELL LATER, THE MARKET WILL START BUYING. PLEASE COULD...
[Deleted]
  fix the EA  (4)
i made EA by EA generator, based on thid indicator, but it wont make order, can someone please gime me a clue how to fix this problem?
Hi all I need some help fixing this dashboard indicator My objective is to display mainly for the 4H the indexes that are in the best configuration either in UP trend and below Stoch 20 and Down trend and above Stoch 80. the dashboard was created to display some occurrences of conditions in all the...
[Deleted]
Hi together, I copied a code and modified it at several rows. When compiling it MT4 Editor shows an error. ErrorDescription is not defined:            m_Allow_Trading = false;           ErrorCode = GetLastError();           string ErrorDescIniLongMod = ErrorDescription(ErrorCode);           string...
[Deleted]
  Close order next tick  (13   1 2)
Hello, Have anyone any ideas for such problem: when an ea sent order and transaction was done (platform X) after next tick order closed (loss depends on next tick - less or more than spread). Next, ea sent order (the same direction) and everything was ok to the next transaction. Event starts again,...
Just now I have import historical data into MT4, and the data is from 2001.1.2 to 2013.11.29; and now my terminal shows like below, that is because of lack data from 2013. 12.02 to now; so my question is how to add these data into MT4
I'm testing different signals. All of them reports a monthly growth between 100% and 500% or more. But in the practice I have done I always have had a loss. Is there any comparison between signals or a report of the last month performance? It is very difficult to choose a wining signal. Thanks
Hello sometimes i see some EAs have return(-1), return(-2) and return(0) as we know it returns nothing, but what about return(-1) and return(-2)? as in the article here https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1355
I am trying to back test a few EA's but get every time the following error message and can't find a proper answer so far on this issue. The error message is as follows: 11:15:20 EA name: optimization started 11:15:20 EA name: no data restored 11:15:20 EA name: optimization stopped 11:15:20 There...
  Error 4103  (3)
I looked around the forum before posting this. What apparently works for others has not yet worked for me. • The file is not open. • The file is in the Scripts folder with the script file shown below. • I have tried to open text files and csv files and keep getting 4103. • Windows 7 Thanks in
[Deleted]
Hi, so I'm currently in the middle of writing a code that requires a minimum stop loss allowed, and so have: ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,volume,Ask,0,0,0,"",magic,Blue);OrderSelect(ticket1,SELECT_BY_TICKET); btake=(OrderOpenPrice()+(level*adjusted_pips)); blimit=MarketInfo(Symbol()...
Attached is the source of this indicator. Currently it makes use of ObjectMove to continuously plot the pivot levels. I'm trying to modify this indi so that it plots HLINES (Horizontal lines) for the pivot levels for the past month.. I believe I have to change or replace the ObjectMove instances.....
Hi, I would like to make an indicator which has two extern variables: risk (in %) and stop loss. The indicator should print the correct lotsize in the upper right corner of the chart. But there is one issue I can't solve. For example, my loss is larger when I lose 20 Pips with a EURGBP-trade than...
The below codes are in Indicator, and I want to know the difference when I change a little About this Indicator, I don't want to draw any indicator in Terminal, I just want to select some points in Indicator and call this indicator in EA by iCustom(); Below codes include two case: one case is just...
hi, I'm looking for someone who has knowledge on how to get the informations about the last closed bar in my chart. I have been trying to figure out witch one it with count = IndicatorCounted()-1 or something like count = Bars-1 count = iBars(Symbol(),Period_D1 )-1 or else high = iHigh(Symbol()...
  some error 130 about code  (13   1 2)
about below codes, it is very different when the red code "if(Pro<10000*Point)" is activated or not when I test it on the history data; In the fact the history data is very simple, about consecutive 5 days, and Pro never exceeds 10000*Point. when the red code is activated, the order stop line...
I have always been able to limit open orders across multiple pairs that all have different "magic numbers" but recently I am having a problem because my EA will open more than the allowed 1 trade if the entry criteria is met at the same time on different pairs. E.g. if the EA opens a trade when...
[Deleted]
What I'm trying to do is go through my closed trades and see what price action did 20-30 candlesticks afterwards. I want to move the chart window back to that point in time and take a screenshot of it. Does mq4 have some type of scroll function? The alternative I have right now is to run an EA...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to mql. Is it possible to summarize the high prices of the last 20 intraday-asia-sessions? I need as the result the compound number. Can somebody show me an code example?