MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 662

Using the below syntax to send values from EA to AutoIt compiled script as below.     double value1 =234     double value2 = 678     double  value3 = 888     ShellExecuteW(0,0,"D:\tstScript.exe","value1 value2 value3","",1);     Getting below error     Access violation read to 0x000000EA in 'C...
I would like to use script separatelly for different Symbols. Pls for any example.
Hi - I'm very new to coding and have drowned in google searches and reading instruction manuals trying to find the correct way to code for high/low alerting. --- For the new high criteria, I want to generate an alert when the past 5 bars have the high being  from bar 3. e.g.: double HighBar1 =...
Hello there. I have a new EA that lauch multiple orders at the same time. Market Orders and Entry orders. What do you think I will need to code for the EA work "perfect". At the moment I just launch the orders. Should I use Sleep(), RefreshRates() or others to confirm that the order will be launched...
[Deleted]
Hi  I am looking to create an automated expert adviser that will automatically trail my stops (if possible). I want my trailing stops to be consistent with the amount I'm risking (1 R Multiple).   For example, if I'm risking 50 pips I want my trailing stop to start locking in profits once I hit 2...
Hi! I just can't find sample code to select either vertical or trend line (actually both) on chart. The idea is to (toggle with button) hide/show objects on chart, i.e. vertical and trend lines (which clutter my chart, but i am possessed (LOL) and addicted (LOL again) by them; I need them as much as...
Hi, I am a happy MT4 user over the past few years.  Never had an issue on either Windows XP or Vista or Windows 7 but recently I had to upgrade my desktop and it came with Windows 8.1 I simply want to install 3 indicators and it installed one of them, but the other 2 simply didnt work. I am...
Hello, I think I stumbled on a common issue experienced by many: modyfing array passed by reference
Hi! Is there a short way to pass 'object_name' parameter from ObjectFind() forward into another (custom) function? Like: int OnInit()  {...   if(ObjectFind(0,"above")==0 || ObjectFind(0,"below")==0) TrailHLineOnChart(AboveOrBelow); // i.e. object (horizontal line) with object_name "above" is found...
Get historical data TF-M1 (F2) from broker A to broker B . For convert M1 to another timeframe by script " PeriodConverter" in mtt4 . Broker A time zone is GMT+0 . Broker B time zone is GMT+2 . How to use script "PeriodConverter" to adjust GMT+2 too ? Thankyou
I have imported high quality 1 minute bars on the EURUSD back to 2005 - 2015  When I start the backtest to run through through the date range 2010 - 2014, it doesn't run all the way through. Instead it cuts out at 2014 August... No pending orders are being used and only 177 trades were placed. What...
[Deleted]
MT4 had been working just find until this morning when I turned on my computer, now when it opens it even before it connects to the brokers server it  says (Not Responding) for about 5-10 minutes and then works fine. I have installed MT4 from different brokers in different locations all with the...
     I have date in CSV  file with the Date formatted as:  month /day /year . How can I extract the  month / day / year  ( 04/ 23/ 2015 )  from the String ? I can't use anything that converts it to Datetime otherwise it becomes day/month/year format.   Thanks   
Hi, Just wondering if there is a way to make MT4 automatically save chart objects. Everytime I close charts I have to re-draw them which can be time consuming. Is there a way to keep objects on charts when closing them for later use? Thanks. 
After I use iCustom() to quote an existing indicator in this indicator, it says "can't open that existing indicator file". However I can quote that same existing indicator in my EA  successfully. What's the root cause? Do you have any similar experience to fix the issue? 
hi .. i want use this ind in EA  if bar red here just open sell if bar green just open buy i want know what last bar show red or green ? thank you :)
[Deleted]
hi i cant closed my position on demo of quotes 
Hi forum, I want to plot a line on my chart and this line should be copied to the chart of another MT4 user. My idea was to do two expert advisors. The first one runs on my chart and checks if I plot a new line, remove a line, change the line properties or delete a line. Every time the expert...
Hey forum, I googled a lot and found some interesting postings about protecting an EA from being executed on different computers. But all solutions were pretty complex because the main issue was protection. My question is simpler. I don't need to protect anything. It is just that my EA must identify...
Hello  I created these indicators InstaForex platform on my real account, but when I tryed to make the same indicators with same code (copy/past) and different name, the new indicators does note give me any value , were is the problem , need hepl, (by compiling the code I have the messaage 0...
Dear all, I recently discovered the automatic signals service offered by this site and I wanted to give it a try but when I check my MT4 I can't find the signals tab! :O. I remember I had it last year but I don't know how it disappeared. I'm running build 765 right now. I think it's the most recent
I've had a look through the various Chart Properties and can't find one, but is there any way to control whether the One-Click Trading window (top left of chart) is maximized/minimized other than by loading a template? I was rather hoping I could use ChartSetInteger() but apparently not... 
Hi all, refer to the title above, do all brokers on MT4 platform ECN/STP brokers?  Thank you in advance. 
I am having a really odd issue with triangles.  I have coded an indicator that finds harmonic patterns.  For whatever reason, the first triangle of each pattern (xab triangle, and bcd triangle) always renders solid, and blue.  NOTHING I do has any effect on the xab triangle.  The bcd responds...
Hi there, I am testing my EA on EUR/JPY historical data with USD account. For each trade I calculate risk as PotentialLoss/AccountBalance(), where PotentialLoss = StopLossPips * TradeSizeLots * PipValue and PipValue = 0.01/CurrentRate (0.01 - pip increment for Yen based pairs).  The problem is that...
Hi!! I am at Inda, I want Indain Stocks Live Prices NSE and BSE Exchanges at MT4, how i can get. can you help me.. Let me know how to MT4 regist, their address , or Whitelable, and Price feeding 
Ok so here's a weird one.. I have a simple order management EA that has some buy and sell buttons on the chart and you just hit the button to open trades and there are other buttons to close etc... So here's the deal.. I have it on a ForexBrokerInc demo account and the code works as designed on all...
Does anyone know how to enable communication between EA on 64-bit system? There are tons of examples how to use pipes through kernel32 .dll or how to use tcp/ip connection, none of witch (that i tested) work on 64-bit system. Does anyone have working examples on how to run any kind of communication
[Deleted]
my mt4 totaly stop moving it is connect but nothing is work can anybody help me
On the chart a ere actually two drawn SARS (green ones)and they have no difference.On the chart i even tried 10 and -10 -4 +4 nothing changes the value visually or numerically. So i normally use my iSAR function without problem ,but when i run the tester on my EA i clearly see that i move my iSAR...