MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 669

I am writing a library in mql4 language in which I would like to have multiple inheritance. I use the following format: class A{   // some variables and functions};class B{   // some variables and functions}class C : public A, public B{   // some variable and functions}; But at compile time it...
[Deleted]
Sir can u help me out how to figure out a profit in MT4.   Market of USDCHF  if my bid price is 0.99006 and ask price 0.98956. after calculating this i m getting a profit of 50 but this MT4 giving a profit of 50.50.   how? 
New article Optimization. A Few Simple Ideas has been published at mql5.com: The optimization process can require significant resources of your computer or even of the MQL5 Cloud Network test agents. This article comprises some simple ideas that I use for work facilitation and improvement of the...
New article Studying the CCanvas Class. How to Draw Transparent Objects has been published at mql5.com: Do you need more than awkward graphics of moving averages? Do you want to draw something more beautiful than a simple filled rectangle in your terminal? Attractive graphics can be drawn in the...
New article Neural Networks Cheap and Cheerful - Link NeuroPro with MetaTrader 5 has been published: If specific neural network programs for trading seem expensive and complex or, on the contrary, too simple, try NeuroPro. It is free and contains the optimal set of functionalities for amateurs. This...
//--- input parametersextern double   Lots=20;double MAX_RISK = 0.005; //The maximum to be risked of the account.int MAX_ORDERS = 3;int StopLoss; //Defining a stop loss.int MagicNumber = 99;int ticket;double Ma1,Ma2;void start(){//Write a program which calculates a StopLoss value at each tick...
I thought I'd try a new broker and wanted to check out spreads using the code below. Running the EA showed figures (screenshot below) which don't seem realistic and they don't change (as on another broker where the spreads are always changing) The broker doesn't appear to even understand the problem
[Deleted]
I know this is "convention", but all conventions need to be questioned, otherwise mankind would never have left the trees. MetaTrader not only does not record ticks in it's history, but it only has the OHLC of the bid prices. However, long trades are opened on the ask and closed on the bid , and
  Buffer Problem  (1)
I can’t find the problem of this indicator. I set it to show two separate charts (High and Low price) simultaneously,but it just shows one chart (High or Low). It seems that the problem is aboutthe buffer adjustment. However, I couldn’t find the problem  even by printing the values. Please help...
[Deleted]
Hi,  I need a simple function.   I know stop loss and fixed amount of money (let's say in USD).  I'd like to know, where SL should be placed.   Please, don't post some topics, libraries, big parts of code, that doesn't solve the exact problem... Just something like double LotsizeFromMoney(StopLoss...
[Deleted]
  MT4 Installation  (1)
i have a problem installing MT4, i choose a specified folder to install in program files but somehow is keeps installing in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\47209F621A0824DC435D5461B238BDDD\templates i'd like to have the program installed to program files and read and write...
[Deleted]
Hi I use Latency EA on my MT4+ platform and yesterday I received a message in the Journal Tab:  "failed to get list of signals, connection error". I have 4 accounts and I received this message on all 4 of them. Is this affecting my live trading somehow? Or it is just a malfunction of the system...
[Deleted]
Hello Forum, good day. I have the following code that shows the MA of RSI in one window and RSI in another separate window: double RSI = iRSI( NULL, 0, RSI_Period, RSI_Price, 1 );double Get_MA_7_RSI( int shift )  {    double data[];    ArrayResize( data, MA_RSI_Total );    for ( int count =...
[Deleted]
Hello everybody. I'm new to MetaQuotes 4 and the Metatrader 4 platform (I have a good expereince in C programming though ). I realized a basic demo program just to have some idea about the subject . Now I want to update the source code and create a new version, without losing the old one. I
I have an EA that sometimes needs to close a trade and open another one on current bar. But what I see happening is a multiple of trades happening on the bar with I guess each tick and drawing down the account. Is it possible to have an EA close and open a trade only once on the same bar in MT4?...
Hello, This is the code which strategy tester won't print any results from. I don't know why. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. //--- input parametersextern double   Lots=20;extern int      StopLoss=20;int MAX_ORDERS = 5;int MagicNumber = 99;int ticket;double Ma1,Ma2;void start(){//The...
Hi, I just don't get the explanation or the example in the documentation.  If I have  string txt= "Profit="+DoubleToStr(prof,2); for when profit=10 and 1000, output will be Profit=10.00 Profit=1000.00  but if I want it to output the DoubleTo Str with always a minimum of 8 characters Profit=    10...
I noticed that when using indicators for back testing (e.g. cci overbought/sold) that results are completely different between brokers. What may seem like a good setup on one, is not on another. E.g. One broker shows the cci overbought but the other is not yet overbought. Is this normal? Why are the...
I  use an indicator plotting round levels on my charts. But when I plot a normal horizontal line and I want to move or delete it it often happens that I select the round number line instead of the horizontal line I wanted to select. So I would like to avoid that any round number line can be selected...
I am running with broker ForexBrokerInc and a few weeks ago I sent a message to support that using the backtester,  the number of trades between Visual mode and non-visual mode were different, giving vastly different outcomes.  Now, the non-visual mode does not make any trades.  The chart has to be...
[Deleted]
For some reason I have lost my switching bar on my PC running Windows 8. Can anyone tell me where to find it or how to re-activate? Thanks 
[Deleted]
New version of Hunter expert advisor Trial version for real and demo accounts we have a real good profitable expert advisor for Scalping. It is made from 90 to 200 % or over 50% monthly for sure. This EA has tested on live and demo account. It works with all brokers who allow scalping with any...
Dear MQL4 developer, First of all, thank you for your nice work on the MQL project . I'm a China mainland customer, I can't access the site in my country. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.metaquotes.metatrader4 However, i can access www.mql4.com. I'm in a mood that is it possible to
[Deleted]
I've noticed that MT4 backtesting uses the entry price to convert profits into the base currency. Why so? EUR/USD - Base currency: EUR  Buy Entry: 1.4100 | 1000€ = 1410$ Ipotetical Exit: 1.4200 => 1410$ /1.4200 = 992,957 => 1000€ - 992,957 = 7,04€ profit Ipotetical Exit: 1.4000  => 1410$/1.4000 =...
hello guys. lately when i want to open metaeditor, i often got error on journal . meta editor not found    i have to click it 5 until 10 times  before the metaeditor turn on.     i use  additional monitor for my laptop. sometimes metaeditor  blink about 1 second on my 2nd monitor  then disappear...
In the following very simple code the Alert box does not show.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?  #property copyright "Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link      "https://www.mql5.com" #property version   "1.00" #property strict...
[Deleted]
I made a source for statistical calculations. It calculates well if I input 0-200 numbers, but If I input large numbers, it makes errors. I know that's because the source needs more digits than double. I want to use long-double value in MQL4. Is there any methods for use it?
[Deleted]
Hello, I tried close orders for multicurrency strategy (all open orders). I'm not sure can I use twice OrderClose() in the same function.  I tried used one, but didn't work either. Has anyone any suggestions, different point of view? Thank you. for (int z=OrdersTotal()-1;z>=0;z--) {               if...
  iMA issue  (15   1 2)
Hello All, I have an EA running on M5 TF. Start function is: int start()  {  if(IsNewCandle())      {      CheckForSMTrade();      if(OpenOrdersThisPair(Symbol())>=1)         {         MangageTrade();         if(UseMoveToBreakEven)MoveToBreakEven();         if(UseTrailingStop)AdjustTrail();...
[Deleted]
  Filled Rectangles in MT4  (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello lads, so i have been trying to get this to work via Meta Editor but i am no coder so as you might have guessed, i haven't been successful at all. Does anyone have any idea how to make it so that the rectangles in MT4 are filled with colour