MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 558

Hi guys, I am having the hardest time getting my indicator to update the result info for a trade that was placed on a previous bar. Can anyone offer a solution or maybe point me in the right direction. It would greatly be appreciated. Many thanks!!!  Here is a the code snippet: if((Condition...
So I wasworking on an EA that looks back several days on the 1 minute time frame, and Iwas getting strange results I didn’t understand. Until I noticed that not allhistory is available in the strategy tester. datetimeSomeTime = iTime( Symbol() , PERIOD_M1 , 1001 ); int rc =GetLastError(); If I...
Hello, My EA will have various instances running on different pairs. Once a day, I would like to check the existence of new files in some directory. If they exist, I would like to relaunch all the instances, but just once. I was thinking to implement it using global variables, however, from the
instead of using my mouse to press the buttons from the line studies - horizontal/vertical line, trendline,  The ideas is to speed up the process of creating lines by using keys presses/shortcuts. I want to press a key and come to the same result after pressing the button   anybody know some  script...
Hi everyone, instead of using my mouse to press the buttons from the line studies - horizontal/vertical line, trendline, etc - I want to press a key and come to the same result after pressing the button -> the cursor has changed to the icon of the selected button and when I move the mouse this new...
[Deleted]
I was wondering if I could use HTML content of technical-summary section of investing website in order to put it in my indicator. I need content of this URL for buy and sell signals:<Link Removed> please guide me which ways is better: 1- Using URL contents ? (Of course if it is possible) 2- Order an...
hello   i backtested a strategy with and without a tick computation of Timecurrent()   In one strat i just use the data in a computation, in the other one, i just remove TimeCurrent() and the speed is 10 times faster!    Is there any other way to get current time?   thanks   Jeff 
For my first indicator, I'm simply trying to plot the SMA indicator on a chart. I can get the code to compile and it loads when I click "Start on Real Data," but nothing actually shows on the chart. What is going wrong here?   #property copyright "Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property...
[Deleted]
Hello guys,  I am newbie here. I feel like this script should be very easy, but i don't get it why it don't work.  I want to write script which would give me open price of exact time. Let's say i start script 8:00 and i want that at 13:00 it would give me open price of bar at 13:00.  It's part of my...
[Deleted]
In the documentation I can read that Buy-Orders are opened with the Ask price and  Sell-Orders are opened with the Bid-price. When you close the order you must take the oposite.   In my demo account I can start and close orders with Ask and Bid price. I can mix it. It functioned - I get no error...
  DaysOfMonth() question  (12   1 2)
if(Month()==1 && DaysOfMonth() == 30 || DaysOfMonth() == 31) return(0); can I use DaysOfMonth() like above?
hello everyone, I have created a true / false filter, if it is active is ok, but does not work if disabled. extern bool   FilterHistogram      = true; // Declare filter&& (FilterHistogram)&& iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "Awesome", 0, 1+i) < 0.000010  // Condition  
it's possible to open a profile in mt4 when i click on a button created on my chart? i found how to open a chart with the function ChartOpen(), but i need to open a profile this is my code to open a chart on button click void OnChartEvent(const int id,                  const long &lparam...
Hi guys, I have a problem with this code and I can not understand why it does not work. It gives no errors, but only returns the value of TF 5 minutes while the 15 minutes does not appear. Thank you all, Massimo. #property...
I enter the condition in the candle 2 if Red or Green with I cover more than 0.2 pips I have this error : check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedenc help me solve please? &&(Open[ 2 +i] < Close[ 2 +i] && MathAbs (Close[ 2 +i]-Open[ 2 +i]) > 0.2 * myPoint ||
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a solution to write to a csv file, all the signals of my indicator. When I get a signal,  write the result to a csv file, for a Sell if the candle closes Red I will have a result 1 else 0, for a buy signal if the candle closes Green will have a result 1 else 0. //---...
Hello, i attached an indicator i very like: RSI/RSX TripleHull unfortunatlly i found an error, somethimes there is a zero devide, first encountered with Period 50, but  it seem it can reproduce with any period (see screenshot). Can anyone fix this ? (Mladen  ? :-) ) by the way: is it possible to...
Hi guys, I have a serious problem and I don't think I could handle it myself without any help :(. I would be very grateful if someone could give me even something to read because I don't know where to start... I'm writing a MQL4 indicator and I stuck on one case. What I need to do, in the first...
hi wi would open a eurusd mt4 chart when a click a button, this is my code that show a button, when i click it, it's does not open any chart of eurusd, where is my error?   #define WM_COMMAND   0x0111string eurusdButton = "eurusdButton";int OnInit() {   ObjectCreate(0,eurusdButton,OBJ_BUTTON,0,0...
From the diaries of the world's worst programmer So I'm learning about arrays but not being very bright, struggling to understand how they actually populate themselves and how that affects memory allocation and resources. I'm trying to build my own currency strength indicator. First step, build an...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Is there a limitation in MQL4 to write a FOR operator inside another FOR operator, aka nested operators? I'm analyzing 2 variables and to my understanding the "internal" FOR - on each iteration - should keep the external FOR's variable unchanged. However I'm getting erratic results as the...
Hi, imhaving a small problem with developing a code to determine the ‘x’ value whichis the index of the bar on the 5 minute chart with a range of 50 pips or more  between bar 1 and bar 8640. The Code keeps onreturning a value of 1 even when the range of the bar with an index of 1 isless than 50 pips...
  Continuos line  (5)
Hi guys, I have a simple question: how do I get this: //——————————————————————————————| fine del programma |————————————————————————————————| instead of this? //------------------------------| fine del programma |----------------------------------| Thank you all for your cooperation
Hi all, I can't load some EA into my charts? I got th following message error: refer picture attached. I tried to copy paste the code into a new file, then saved and compiled... still not working. I can attach some EA but not all.... why? I have mql4 & Ex files. Please can yyou help? cheers
[Deleted]
Hi there,   I installed a custom indicator, which works flawless for other people, but on my machine it simply does not show up. I installed it in the correct folder. It shows up if I look at the currently loaded indicators, it shows up in the journal "Custom Indicator ARROWS AUDUSD, M5: loaded...
Hi When adding objects to a chart via an EA, such as buttons & lines, I've found they're being added to all of the charts object lists, but not to the actual charts. So if I right click another chart I'll see the object listed in the list without the object being on the chart. So if I have 10 charts...
[Deleted]
I have recently installed Mac version MT4 onto my My Book Air.It runs on wine and is by and large very good. However it seems impossible to instal three or four custom indicators on it, despite assurances from AXI that it is possible. Any contributions to solve this problem are very welcome. 
Hi guys, I have a question: Why in the indicator, the width of the line is more than 0 style is invalid Thank you for your reply. 
Hi All! I am currently learning MQL4 programming and I am so excited to have my very own expert advisor. Is there a MQL programming code that do the following: 1) Count the selected numbers of H1 candles from a specific time. e.g. from 2300hrs to 0200hrs 2) Determine the highest and the lowest among...
Hello everyone, I have an issue with error 4051 as you can see in attached picture. Code for closing is:       for(int p=0;p<OrdersTotal();p++)       {        if(OrderSelect(p, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) && OrderType()==OP_BUY && trend_M5==false && ST_M5 > 70)       ticket=OrderTicket();...