MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 552

Hello everybody,  i'm french and i am a beginner, i wrote a program and i need help with an error that i don't understand: int main () { datetime start_time="20:00:00"; datetime stop_time="05:00:00";   MqlRates rates[];    int copied=CopyRates(NULL,0, start_time,stop_time,rates);    if(copied<=0)...
[Deleted]
Greetings! : ) I know there has been a few postings asking how to speed up backtesting an EA in MT4. I have searched through this forum and others to see what solutions there might be. I have not found any good solutions. However if I missed something please let me know. Most of the posts...
[Deleted]
  Profit colours  (2)
Hi,    I have been searching the internet for a couple of days now but can not find a answer to my question so I hope someone here can help me.   I want tok change the PROFIT colours in the TRADE tab. Everything is grey now but I want to change when in profit to turn green and when in loss to turn...
Hey everyone, I have just decided to go with a hosted server . Everything has been set up, I'm just yet to close my local MT4 client and login to the server's! I currently have a few strategies running, and there are a minimum of 3 open positions at any given time. My question is, will the servers
Hi all   I am running the below code in an EA, the idea is to copy the pattern created inside the bot as a comment on my order. But I get the above error. What have I done wrong?    //Specification Engine Rule 1   if(currentboxhigh>prev1high && currentboxlow<prev1low) CurrentBoxType=1001;...
Is there any way to find a MT4 account is a Individual or Master Account.?
[Deleted]
Is it possible to fetch the value from the following CSV format API call so that it can be compared against another number within a script? <Removed> Only one value will be fetched from the API call (due to the rows=1 parameter ), which will then be compared against another manually entered number
Hi All, Hoping this is a really quick fix.  I've been teaching myself the MQL4 trading language and having followed a couple of examples successfully, I decided to start building from scratch.  I've written a much longer code than the one below, but the problem I've had is that none of the trades...
Hi, When therequirements and limitations (https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits)are checked in MT4? When the OrderSend is executed in MetaEditor orwhen the pending order actually becomes a BUY or SELL order? This has to do whenyou set a SL/TP in a pending OrderSend taking into account thecurrent...
[Deleted]
I need assistance with a custom function to control pending orders. My EA works around  placing one pending buy stop order above price and one pending sell stop below price. I have managed to limit the total amount of pending orders to 2 however in some cases the EA would place 2 buy stop orders...
How to draw a horizontal line on a MT4 chart without taking quotes into account? So the markets can move but the line stays at same height. I want to make a scatter plot within a MT4 chart and this should stay fixed on the chart, not move with the quotes.   By using this code it moves with the...
Hello,          I need to find or develop an Indicator that tells the previous candlestick is OHLC or OLHC. Can any Coder help? will appreciate,    
[Deleted]
Hello my friends. I would love to be able to trade directly from Excel 2007 (connected to MT4). What I would like is a column in Excel for each of these information to send to MT4: Date and time, OrderLots, Symbol, Action, Price, SL, TP, Close. Date and time: date and time of order; OrderLots: Lot...
Hey Guys, I'm programming actually a EA. I need to visualize a specified area and I want to do this with the rectangle. But the problem is: In the initialized is the specified area right. But if I change the timeframe to e.g. M15 the rectangle doesn't appear right... - Why is that so? Everything...
[Deleted]
Hi! Is there a way to get/set the default background color of a chart in mql4? Thank you!
Hello, I need help to solve an error in my code ; double rates[]; datetime start_time="20:00:00"; datetime stop_time="05:00:00"; int  CopyRates(    string           symbol_name,       // symbol name    ENUM_TIMEFRAMES  PERIOD_M15,         // period    datetime         start_time,        // start...
So my friend and I created an EA that is profitable and its sends a ton of pending orders and opens a ton of orders. We were told we were opening as much as 100 orders a minute. We need to know what the maximum order send/ open limit is so that we can run this without them shutting us down....
[Deleted]
Hi, this is my first post and my first MQL4 project - writing code for the %B indicator. I've used a combination of copy/paste and reading both the online book, articles & a Metatrader book to write my first code. I hope I've understood buffers and most things correctly. The compiler says there's...
Hi fellow traders, Do you guys know how to fix this time issue? There is 2 hours difference from settings in actual chart. I want the blue box to start from beginning of the day at 00:00. Thanks a lot   
[Deleted]
Hi! I have an indicator (and a EA) which reads a relatively large set of data from an external *.txt file in the "\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Files" directory using FileOpen. Everything is working correctly, but I would like to ask if there is the possibility to include this set of data into the ex4 produced...
Hi everyone,  As I was trying to create an array that will assign a unique name to each arrow on the graph ("Down 1", "Down 2", etc.) I got "data mismatch" error.   string highArrows[]; ... for (j=0; j<=highPicksCounter-1; j++)    {    ArrayResize(highArrows,highPicksCounter);...
  iHghest HELP!  (2)
Hello my brothers. I'm trying to make a indicator. iHighest = 20 bars to get the highest price. Now:   Expected:     What is wrong?? :(((  thank you so much! double UpLine[];  void init()   {   SetIndexBuffer(0, UpLine);   SetIndexStyle (0, DRAW_ARROW);   SetIndexArrow (0, 159);...
Hello everybody, I know there are already a lot of topics like this but I don't understand them. How can I get all OpenTrade ID Numbers, to make particial close if the price if above or below a specified border? Greetings and Thank you! 
[Deleted]
Hi,   I have an indicator with various parameters. But one line isn't functioning as intended:   MathAbs(iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_M1, iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_M1, MODE_HIGH, 11, 0)) - iClose(NULL, PERIOD_M1, 1+i)) > MathAbs(iClose(NULL, PERIOD_M1, 1+i) - iLow(NULL, PERIOD_M1, iLowest(NULL, PERIOD_M1,...
I'm having internet problems at my current location and have been thinking about getting a VPS to trade. My main concern is security - not from external sources like hackers, etc., but from the stuff at which ever hosting company I get the VPS at. I've been trying to research the subject, but can't
New article Graphical Interfaces IX: The Progress Bar and Line Chart Controls (Chapter 2) has been published: The second chapter of the part nine is dedicated to the progress bar and line chart controls. As always, there will be detailed examples provided to reveal how these controls can be used in...
Salaam; I need a demo account from a broker to get data of all commodities. I have a real account Now but it does not have them. things I want: Lead ; Zinc ; gold ; wti ; brent ; sugar ; dollar index ; copper .... thanks
  Max of 10bars  (2)
Hello!! how to know the maximum value of 10 bars?   Thanks people! =) 
  Ema of Previous Bar  (21   1 2 3)
2016.08.02 13:00 Indicator USDCAD,H1: USDCAD H1 Ema20:Ema201= 1.3105:1.31082016.08.02 12:00 Indicator USDCAD,H1: USDCAD H1 Ema20:Ema201= 1.3110:1.31102016.08.02 11:00 Indicator USDCAD,H1: USDCAD H1 Ema20:Ema201= 1.3111:1.3110 Dear All, Above show the  EMA 20 (Ema20 is current bar and EMA201 is...