MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 461

Hi  I am looking for a way to enter a market order when a market opens. I check for signals after the market has closed and want to enter on the market open. Is there an EA that will do this? I have searched without success, and I don't know how to code. I would want to be able to specify volume...
  Indicator timeframes  (11   1 2)
Hi guys, So I run an indicator that I have written on the hourly timeframes and it gives me fairly reliable signals. However I have noticed that it often notifies me quite late because it waits for the candle to close, which it only does every hour. And by that point the price might be 20 PIPs above...
I want to edit the main cci indicator file and save it as a customed one for myself for special purpose. I want to use heiken ashi values instead of normal ones. In cci code which i wrote it from cci.mq4 file, there's 2 FOR loops. I want to know should i replace default high, low and close values in...
My EA set pending orders for datetime. All other functions are working well with my Strategy Tester and Real MT4 Platform. I am again saying my EA 100% working well with my Broker. But when i upload to Automatic Validation process it fail to validate the EA. Please look that codes. extern datetime...
I have a program which includes a 'Use Trade Time' option and want to display the answer 'true' or 'false' on a chart. All I can get it to print is '0' zero. Please can anybody help me? Thanks Ken
Hi, when I try my EA on the EA Tester from yesterday, the orders long don't work, just the short ones, but in the live version is all right, same script both work. The error that is returning is #138 ..." requote ". It should be somthing related to broker price. How can I fix it? The live version
I have searched whole the net for a heiken ashi indicator for either mt4 or mt5 that displays heiken ashi bars in a new window AND enables me to add any second CUSTOM indicator to it. I mean the calculation of the second indicator to be based on close price of heiken ashi bars. Is there any...
  MTF Code Issue  (3)
Hi, I was chatting with a developer and he has told me that MT4 has problems using multiple time frames in an EA. I use the following to identify forward trend and then look for lower time frame entry points: StDev=iStdDev(NULL,PERIOD_D1,10,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,index+1);
Hi All, I try to down load but get the message  Have you installed MetaTrader 4? MetaTrader 4 is required for installing  I have installed Mt4 so click yes but nothing downloads. How do I get the ea's and indicators I've chosen to download??.   thanks  wib
[Deleted]
Hello Gurus, I am trying to write and read to files which are saved to C:\Folder instead of inside Metatrader 4 folders. Since MT4 build +600, everything related to import external dd like kernel32 has changed the way they previously working well. Please see part of below code to help if you are
  ADX Crossover  (2)
Hello everyone, I am a little bit stuck on how to check for a cross over, I started writing this code. AVD_Minus = iADX ( NULL , 0 , 14 , PRICE_CLOSE , MODE_MINUSDI , 0 ); AVD_Plus = iADX ( NULL , 0 , 14 , PRICE_CLOSE , MODE_PLUSDI , 0 ); AVD_Main = iADX ( NULL , 0 , 14 , PRICE_CLOSE , MODE_MAIN
I have been seaching for this indicator without luck. Is it possible to make an indicator that automatic execute trades when The opposite color  has closed and The New candle has started 😊this is for renko and mt4 system 😊 Best regards Henning Berge 
Hi, Have you heard the gospel? Did you know that there are two ways after you die? Hell (Gehenna) (eternal torment in the lake of fire) or Heaven/new earth, new Heaven which is an eternal paradise. People are sinners and they need to repent of the sin like homosexuality, lying, stealing, and
[Deleted]
Searching for this mostly resulted in a slew of like-minded posts that went unanswered a year or two ago...but on the off chance someone has since figured out a way to do this (or knows for certainty it cannot be done) I figured I'd pose the question. Is there a way to setup a script or EA attached...
Hello, since today I'm not able to drag and drop indicators inside the MT4 window to a chart. The indicator will not show up, that symbol window will freeze, all other windows keep updating but MT4 is completely unresponsive. Nothing on my system has changed. Windows 7, last MT4 build from May
Hi I'm asking this because I've recently introduced it into my EA and found strategy tests now taking ages and wondering whether the increase is due to the interaction with the broker. I'm a newbie, so apologies if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance
Ok, I admit it, I'm a newbie to MQL4. That said I've been an IT developer for 40 years now and trading generally for as long as I can remember. This has been asked before, I know, but unless I'm not searching this forum correctly, I've not found an adequate answer. I trade using three different...
  Bar Max and Min  (3)
Hi , I'm new to MT4 and I would ask if it support ( Min(O,C) and Max(O,C) function. To be more clear: I need to measure from High to Open for the candle that closed Red OR from High to Close for the candle that closed green. Thx
Hey there! I'm new to coding with MQL4. I'm simply trying to have my indicator plot vertical lines at specified times in history. It actually does this correctly! The only problem is when I initially drag the indicator onto a blank chart, I click "OK", but the vertical lines don't appear. However,...
According to https://docs.mql4.com/basis/types/classes  union is a reserved word. However, when I try to use it, the compiler doesnt recognise it. I have build 1090.
extern double lots=0.1;  int ticket=0;  extern int stoploss=300;  extern int takeprofit=500; int aperto=0; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int start() {  double mc1 = iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1); double mc2 = iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE...
Removed! Hi guys, Ive created a historgram indicator that basically prints a colour when price is in an uptrend/downtrend, and out of a set of bands like BB bands. After a couple of bars if i refresh the chart, the histogram changes in colours and is recalculating or redrawing. I have gone through...
Hello all, I'm curious to know why would I get different results in my testing and optimization when I make a few minor tweeks in my code that "technically" should bring the same result... see example below. int total=OrdersTotal();   if(total>0){   for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++)...
Hi ..Why is it when you would like to check one point of data from one timeframe to the other that you don't see the same point -- But, when you line them up it remembers the last position. I'd like to see it the way I see it when it switches which is to plot the point of somewhere there was focus
hi friends, i'm trying to delete a file on /file every second. I'm familiar with ontick function, but this time i need it to work every second, or even less, so how can i code this? a- its using ontimer function? void OnTimer(){EventSetTimer (); // How to use this to delete file "b" every second? If...
Hi, I wrote an Expert Advisor dealing with multicurrenncy (one pair chart is open, and others-we call it "foreign" pairs- are not open). When referring to any "foreign" pairs to get for example the High of the last closed candle (shift=1) in M15 chart like: double lastHigh = iHigh("GBPUSD", 15, 1);...
[Deleted]
As would be the mathematical expression to construct the indicator fractal?. I would like to create fractal indicator in matlab. To do that would have as it would be?? To calculate fractals should I consider maximum and minimum. If for example I have the first bullish candle, the second has a higher...
Hey guys, I got an EA which is entering orders with a size based on the Equity amount and I would like to have it have it enter order based on the Balance amount instead. The used code to enter orders is  if (AutoLot)   {     double pv = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),...
Hi all, I need to be able to read the "Forex Calendar" everyday to decide if there are major news, and condition the execution of my EA. Is it possible to access the Forex Calendar from an EA ?  How can I only filter the major news ? Thanks in advance. Joao.
  iHigh from other pairs  (11   1 2)
Hi, I am simply using iHigh() and iLow() to get information from other pairs  iHigh(Currency[i], 15, 1)-iLow(Currency[i], 15, 1); where Currency[i] is array of defined currencies and I am accessing them one by one using loop, 15 is the time frame, and 1 is the last closed candle. These pairs are...