MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 454

Hi, I hope that there is a moderator from the technical stuff of the Metaquotes who watches the questions and gives correct answer when there is no good answer from the other users. I couldn't find answer to the question described in the subject. With other words: Is there a supported way to open a...
  Take Profit/Stop Loss  (16   1 2)
If I send and open an order with a Take Profit setting and a Stop Loss setting. Is it then guaranteed that these will be adhered to? (assuming that the SL is not closer than the STOPS level of course) A big issue is this - I have noticed that connectivity between my metatrader and the broker...
I am trying to find something similar here in the forum but so far found nothing. My problem is to calculate a Take Profit that allow me to get what I traded so, if I risk US$ 100,00 (converted to the LOT SIZE and taking care of the Margin) on a trade I would like to get the US$ 200,00 in return. I...
I want to use the value of another indicator in my own indicator, but from the indicator window I see that the two lines do not coincide. As you can see from the image above, the dark blue and light blue lines are similar, but not identical. This is my code: #property copyright "Nicola Peluchetti"...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I made a similar posting a couple of months ago but this one is simplified and right to the point. I have two indicators. One creates a button and if the button is clicked an alert is shown. The second indicator comes into play when a horizontal line is drawn. It just changes the state of...
Hi Can anyone tell me why everytime I test a specific week on mt4 strategy tester and save the results, then I return to the same week ,same pairs, same ea the results are never the same but yet they should be as they are supposed to be genuine results in the past, this is so annoying, how will we...
Hello Everyone, I believe I have basic understanding of Trailing order's and how does it work but there is still one gap in my understanding and would like to fill it with my question. Kindly note: my question belongs to each and every financial instrument as well as each and every, out of hundreds,...
  Last Order  (3)
Hello, i will check, if i have open an order at the actual bar. My idea is, just ask OrderOpentime() and Time[0] with an Order Select    RefreshRates();      bool setOrder = false;      for(int j=0;j<OrdersTotal();j++)        {         Ticket=OrderSelect(j,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);...
Hey there, I have a strange problem in my MT4.. I connected my terminal with myfxbook via FTP publishing. Myfxbook recognized my Terminal and the connection is working. It work's, but only when i go to Tools -> Settings -> FTP -> and click on "Test"  then it uploads data (in Journal i see position...
[Deleted]
Hi coders, I made two scipts. One changes the timeframe of all open charts to the timeframe where the script is dragged to. The other script changes the template of all open charts to a template named "test". Both work fine. But now I added one chart which should not be affected by the scripts. Now...
Hey everyone, am trying to learn the language of MQL4 (I'll get to MQL5 later) have an issue with one of the programs in the book. https://book.mql4.com/programm/samples the program possible.mq4 has a floating-point type "double" in it. But when running it, it only gives 4 digits after the dot,...
Hello mql 4, Is Macd 2009-2014 available for live account? Or is this expired 2014 for live,,,,,,,,,,,, and only for demo available? regards balduin
What are the top 3 Development Languages or Frameworks to start a solid MQL coding career? Is it C++, Python, or what? what are the Top 3
My dear collegues , I have a perfect custom indicator(fx_snipers_ergodic_cci_trigger.mq4) that works perfectly, hereby the indicator: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                       Louw Coetzer aka FX Sniper | //|...
Hello everyone, I have an array of symbols and I am trying to use current bid price using MarketInfo() for each elements of this array. string symbols[] =  {"AUDCAD", "AUDCHF", "AUDJPY", "AUDNZD", "AUDUSD", "EURAUD", "GBPAUD"};   int arraySize = ArraySize(symbols);   for(int i=0; i < arraySize;...
out there are a lot of very good editors, with a lot of features, more than the build in MQL4 Editor. it is a bad idea and a lot of work to modify the editor to make it as good as all the others out there. my suggestion is, to provide the compiler as standalone exe file, this should be easy to...
I've attached the mq4 file with the code I want to integrate into my own. My code is the Price Action 34EMA file and the other code I want to integrate is the CloseonProfit mq4 file. I'm just not sure how to integrate it. I assume I have to paste certain lines into certain areas of my mq4 file but I...
Hi, I am trying to make an indicator that can basically add a moving avg of other items than Price. So as an example, I would like to create a moving average of Volume. What I have been thinking is to add the iVol data to an array (although I dont know how to do this yet), and then to use iMAOnArray
When doing this // MQL5 CArrayInt myArray; myArray.Reserve( 50 ); myArray.Resize( 50 ); int size=myArray.Total(); bool success=myArray.Update(0,10); "size" woudn't be "50" as expected. In my Program size came out with "0" and "success" with "false". This is a total different Behaviour from
Hi all, I've begun coding a simple EA for opening a trade every time price crosses an EMA and closes when it crosses in the opposite direction. It seems to work to a certain extent, but when it closes it will not immediately open another position in the other direction. I thought that it would have...
Hi everyone..total noob here! You've been warned. I just want to say ahead of time that I did run a search on the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for, most likely because of the amount of information that is one here (A LOT!). With that said, what I am attempting to do is create, very
  EA text cases  (2)
I have an EA created by a freelancer here.  I don't understand the code, but perhaps someone here can provide some guidance. The (possible) challenge is this:   The EA not only obtains price history data for its calculations, it also obtains data from an external mysql database. That db contains...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am using a third party software to write trading signals to a file and use an EA to keep monitoring and parse that file to execute those trading signals. In this EA, the logic looks like int start() { while ( true ) { RefreshRates(); // read and parse the trading signals // execute the
Hello everyone, I have started writing some switch statements to hopefully fix some possible problems with my code running. I admit most of which I doubt I will ever come across, or in fact need to use. Now if more than one error occurs, where the solution to the first causes errors with others. A
Hello I have questions about using previous MT4 versions for backtesting. I found on internet old MT4 terminals, and I succeeded in creating a suggested patch allowing the old build 950 not to automatically update. It should be compatible with my also-old Tickstory software version, and I also...
Happy New Year everybody !! Hi experts,I have a question about how to code following trading condition. rule 1.Fast moving average cross up slow moving average 2.If RSI >70 within 50 bars after crossing then open long It mean 50 bars after cross up ,just wait for RSI>70 but won't be under first
  Modify Indicator  (1)
I would like to modify this Fractal indicator that I attached so that I could modify the number of bars on side that has by default, this indicator that has the code open and can be modified, the number that I would like is 15/15, thanks
I'm developing an EA and I want be able to sell it via MQL5 services and via custom licensing codes. Is there a way inside EA code to know if it is running via MQL5 or not? I haven't found anything documented about this topic, thanks in advance
Guys I am new to MQL4 and I need help with the following, please: 1. Say an order has been opened in the USDCHF chart, I would like to be able to close it and take profit when a price change occurs, for example, in the GBPUSD chart and place an order there. How do I take profit: Do I use OrderModify...
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to convert the source code below from Bar to Candlestick? Right now it only shows bars even when I choose the Candlestick option in MT4. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                    Open...