MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1653

[Deleted]
I have been pulling out my hair trying to write a simple EA for a breakout strategy! The strategy/Expert Advisor needs to work on these simple rules: (1) Determines the High and Low of the period starting at 3:00 GMT and ending at7:00 GMT (the "Tracking Period"). (2) Beginning at 7:00 GMT and ending...
[Deleted]
Hello, I was write a multitimeframe indicator by this way.... ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),iTimeFrame); for(i=0,m=0;i<iLimit;i++){ if (Time[i]<TimeArray[m]) m++; dBuffer[i] = iCustom(NULL, iTimeFrame, "#Core_Indicator", iPrice1, iLength1, iFilter1, dDeviation1, 0,...
There are 7 indicators included, MACD, (2 MA), Stochastic, RSI, CCI, WPR, RVI. There is no drawing, just alert on last bar or shift adjust. There is option for all or each alone or more of them, but it's not shown whichindicator gives the current signal.
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing an expert advisor that works on the weekly chart. I am trying tofind the first bar on the hourly chart that corresponds to each bar in the weeklychart. I call weeklyBar = iBarShift(Symbol(), PERIOD_W1, TimeCurrent(), false);Print ("This is bar number ", weeklyBar, " at time ",...
[Deleted]
int limit, records, N=2; int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted(); limit = Bars - counted_bars; if ( counted_bars < 0 ) return(0); if ( counted_bars ==0 ) limit=Bars-1; double JPY; for(int i = 0; i < limit; i++) { JPY = (iHigh("USDJPY", 0, i) - Low[iLowest("USDJPY", 0, MODE_LOW,N, i )]...
[Deleted]
I am finding that when IsConnected() == false the Terminal can never recover. I am actually having to shutdown metatraderand restart it, then the connection is reset. What the correct thing to do when the code gets this error. Should I handle thiserror by attempting to call init() ? thanks in...
[Deleted]
I have this code.. int limit, records; int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted(); limit = Bars - counted_bars; if ( counted_bars < 0 ) return(0); if ( counted_bars ==0 ) limit=Bars-1; for(int i = 0; i < limit; i++) { ...do something with i records += 1; } Q1: So when I look at a chart is this loop for
It's posted at http://forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=11937 A possible nice addition would be the option to enter with lets say 3 orders, the first 2 having a TP (maybe 50 and 100) and the 3rd as a runner with no TP. Close all orders at midnight Friday. I think it would be a nice EA to have...
[Deleted]
I am trying to pass messages between various windows. At first I was trying to useFindWindow() to obtain the handles of various windows, but my results always cameup as 0. So I decided to try just getting the handle of the calling window throughGetActiveWindow(). Again, the result is 0. Why is this...
[Deleted]
Please i need urgently to get the hard disk serial or processor serial number inchart??i need the code language
[Deleted]
I have built an EA and have been testing it out with a demo account and so far itis working just fine. I am attempting to use the Strategy Tester with this EA but every time I try itjust loads "zero divide" into the Journal. Can anyone offer a suggestionas to why when I run my EA "live" it works...
[Deleted]
  Equity History  (4)
Two questions, 1. How can I find out what effect the last closed trade had on account equity? 2. How can I obtain the equity history? (if at all).
[Deleted]
  i need help  (2)
hi , i am a new user of metatrader. i want to get automatically trade signal ( buyor sell) . alerts show in my computer( metatrader4). i want the indicators putin custom indicator .such as alert trend , alert swing ,alert break .i have triedto find the file in metatrader4 in internet, but i can not...
The chart is making texts (OBJ_LABEL) unreadable in the intersection areas. Is itpossible to make the chart vanish?
[Deleted]
To moderator of Articles Site. I find a download problem from 'Эффективные алгоритмы усреднения с минимальным лагом и их использованиев индикаторах' on my computer. This very interesting article have no end, no author name, no downloadfile icon, no commentaries and no possibility to write one. Every...
[Deleted]
I want to use stochastic(3,3,3) cross points to enter/exit positions - meaning -whenever the main and signal cross each other, buy if the previous main line wasunder the signal and vise versa. i want it also to close any previous positionaccordingly (on crossover). I have used Expert Advisor...
[Deleted]
Good day, With many of the trading Experts I have been writing, there are valuesthat reference places on the graphs, I can't seem to find a way to have the expertgraph, or output on the chart. I know if you open a buy or sell it puts lines onthe chart, is their a way to do the same with a variable...
[Deleted]
Hello. I'm having problems with problem with MailSend() function. ...
[Deleted]
int a[10][2]; int b[10][2]; ArrayCopy(a, b, 0, 2); What does the start index of 2 (or the zero) mean in this context? Is it the 2ndindex on rank 0, or the 2nd absolute element? How does one copy arrays as above if say I only wanted the last 2 elements usingrank 0. e.g. a = [1,2][3,4][5,6][7,8]...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm working on my first mq4 expert, and have run into a stumbling block. I want my expert to close half of the lots when the first take profit goal is reached,and then close the other half at a later take profit or trailing stop. Problemis I can't figure out how to keep track of which...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Moving Average.mq4 |//| Copyright ?2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| http://www.metaquotes.net/...
I have security question. It happened to be added new user with set:administrator - Windows 2003 server. Listed: Path: E:\Programi\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe Properties Security Group or user names: Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-823518204-1935655697-682003330-1003) Administrators(.....
[Deleted]
http://forexforsmarties.com (ak FFS) This hedging system lets you trade forex pairs in the below combinations as a hedge. Correlations of these combinations is how you makes your monies. My indicators is will show this relationhship. I believe there are no indicators for FFS yet. 1. EUR/USD,...
Somehow the font in MetaTrader library has been changed to about 84 an cant seemto get it back to normal. Where is the setting for this so I can change back to12 or so? I downloaded another copy into a different directory and now the libraryin that is huge too.
I haven't been able to reliably login to this forum for over two weeks! I've been very patient about giving the admin a chance to fix the problems, but at this point it's just getting too frustrating. It seems to act differently on just about every computer I try.. on one, it keeps trying to...
Hi, start() function is called only when a market tick comes. Is there any way to callan expert's start function any other time? For example could we call start() functionfrom a DLL? (May we create a timer in DLL and let it call functions from the expertperiodically?) Hope to find an answer to this...
[Deleted]
I have the same EA running on Alpari-demo and FXDD-demo. For some reason the Alpari-oneis running OK, but the FXDD-one is doing nothing. I see the commentlines at Alparibut not at FXDD. What could be the reason for that?
[Deleted]
the metatrader/alpari data includes sunday pre openning data, which will effectthe indicators' calculation. look at the sunday period, on the 15min and 30 minchart, there are a few extra candles. on the 4 hr chart, the candles completelymesses up. so if your ea makes money on one and not the other...
[Deleted]
Hello, This is my first post. I have gained alot from reading through this forum and Ithank all of you that contribute to it. I have been learning MQL4 (the first progamminglanguage I have tried to learn) for the past couple of weeks so that I may testand optimize my systems. I have no intention of...
Hi. The file attached is another pivot point indicator. I´m working in a modification of the code from another one to look like in some particular way. Everything works Ok if you want to use. But, I added labels (objects) to the lines of pivot, support and resistance to a better description...