MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1650

[Deleted]
Good day all, I'm trying to figure out a way to get a value for where the Margin call would happen.I can calculate the margin level light this: Margin_level = ((AccountEquity()/AccountMargin())*100); but I want to know if there is an easy way to find out, if the trades in a buydrop till the...
[Deleted]
Where are stored (all) the settings of: MetaTradre > Tools > Options None file was updated in "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4" (and sub folders)after changing some settings !! Thanks
I can't figure out why my if statement isn't working properly. Here is the segmentin question: Print("1-last_sar = ", last_sar, " current_SAR = ", current_SAR); if(last_sar != current_SAR) { Print("2-last_sar = ", last_sar, " current_SAR = ", current_SAR); mod_results = OrderModify(ticket,0...
[Deleted]
I have just downloaded the MACD Sample program and ran it through the strategy tester.I used it on an interval of M1 over a period of 1 day (yesterday 30/1/2007) withthe following parameters. Take profit = 20 Lots = 0.1 Trailing Stop = 30 MACD Open level = 3 MACD Close level = 2 MA Trend...
Why when I start EA in tester with parameters for PTT less then 7 I have error ? I was tested this short code for USDJPY
[Deleted]
Dear Coders, What's the major difference between control point and every ticket? I am not veryclear at the information given at the help file of MT4. I collected some eas fromother forums and backtest them, some yield same nasty result on control pointsand everuyticket, some however work better on...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Let's say I'm trading the GBP/USD, how can I calculate how much euro each pip is?Some goes for all other pairs ... 1 pip = xxxx Euro ??? Seems simple, but can't get it done ... Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. Greetingz, Koen.
can someone explain MacdCurrent>(MACDOpenLevel*Point) means ? tks
[Deleted]
  ObjectCreate  (3)
Is there any information available for using this function to create linear regressionand std dev channels? I have succesfully created an object, but when I use ObjectGet to query the deviation, it always returns 1. Help please?
[Deleted]
I tried. the answers seem to be NO. Anyone can help?
[Deleted]
Hi, Some how my MT4 market watch symbol quote screen has expanded across the wholewidth of MT4 form left to right (its too wide) , before it was only taking up theleft had side of the Mt4 GUI, and coming out 4 inches, so how do I get it backto this position ???
I noticed something weird - if you extend the From/To period, then sometimes youneed to re-run the Expert with "Visual" ON! Otherwise it ignores thefact that the period was extended and only works on the portion of the period whichwas used before. I.e. if you initially test between 1.Oct.2006 and 31...
When there is local function variable initialized example: _localFunction ( intfunction_Variable ){} it is not available to other functions but it's taking space in memory, with everycall of that function, variable is initialized again. My question is does the every call of the function variable...
[Deleted]
Anyone got samples using Std Dev objects?
Hi The majority of EA's I saw call OrderSend, without worrying about the sever orthe context being busy. Its true that most EAs in all the examples detects an error and prints a err. messagebut shouldn't the function, which tries to open and order check for these "busy"errors and retry several...
Does file created with csv2fxt.mq4 file still works for tesing ?? I created fxt file with this 'simple csv2fxt' script but every time i run test with tick data option selected, test module ofMT4 replace my original file (yes i have recalculate option unticked). I am not sure what is going wrong....
I want to run optimization of my EA where some parameters vary between Start andStop value and one parameter does not vary. However, I want this one parameterto be different from the default value specified in the code ("extern ...").In my example this as the useable account margin - in my source...
Hello, How can i view the history of a tick by tick chart
  Canadian Bacon  (7)
Has anyone developed an ea for this system?
[Deleted]
  File Problem  (4)
In a script I: Open a binary file [ fHandle = FileOpen( FileName, FILE_BIN | FILE_WRITE ) ], write several strings [ FileWriteString( fHandle, string ), several times ] and close the file [ FileClose( fHandle ) ]. I get a message "handle 1 does not exist in FileClose". The file hasbeen written...
subj. build 197. xpsp2, testing EA. memory is going down at an incredible rate. 4 gigs of RAM are gone... 4 gig of cache running out... program splits without saying goodbye)) The worst thing is to press the Stop button and exit the terminal and restart it - it will resume from the point where it
Could someone please explain why there is 2 types of history files: .hst files inthe \history folder and .fxt files in the \expert\history folder? Do they contain the same data (same ticks), only different formats? It does notlook so, the number and names of these files (Symbol+Period) do not...
Today, we have launched a beta version of the new function “Similar Topics” intended for quick search of similarmessages. This allows to find answers to frequently asked questions within a short time. Every message can be accompanied with a link to “similar messages”. If you click on that link, a...
  SWAPTYPE = 3  (1)
FXDD server MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_SWAPTYPE) returns 3. What is swaptype=3, it doesn't seem to be documented?
Yesterday, I start a EA with Demo Account, In EA, OrderSend with BuyStop and SellStop for pending orders, two OK, When one of this two pending Orders arrived Open, Ea will delete another. But No any order display at trade windows after one pending order arrived Open. I checked Account history...
Any possibility of adding 10 min bars to MetaTrader 4? Karan
Hi, I am demo trading a system that I believe will work as an EA, I just need someoneto make it for me.  If there is anyone out there who would have a go at makingit for me I would appreciate it.  many thanks, mark
I have been trying to find a way of having certain entry conditions happen in aspecific sequence. i.e have the ea enter long1 or short1 then look for long2 or short2 then look long3or short3 dependent on weather but all entries should star with condition1 either long or short. I have attached the...
Is there a way to make MT4 to use 8 hr charts? 8 hrs is a pretty standard period,I was actually quite surprised that MT4 didn't have it by default when I saw theplatform for the first time... If it is not possible at present - is MQ considering adding this period for thenext version? When is the...
hi Rosh, recently I asked someone to code another indicator for me, and I was thinkingof using it to make a trading system, however I noticed a minor problem with thisindicator, I was hoping if you can fix it. It's called the Trail Stop Level indicator,i found it helpful to keep you in the trend, it...