MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 161

[Deleted]
Hello, Quick question, is there a shortcut key on the MetaEditor platform which enables me to select all code down to it's closing bracket, like the function in Excel with the Tab + Ctrl + down-arrow which selects all filled cells in a column? This is just to save me scrolling around, finding the
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL4 trading, I am trying to code a system that if; AUDUSD 1 hour timeframe at 08:00 the candle was a green and I want the system to open a trade at 10:00 that shorts, how do I go around this? And if at 10:00 it's still bullish, I want to place another trade at 12:00 that shorts. If the
When MT4 backtest is completed, I go to "Graph" tab to review the profit and drawdown curves. Why is the drawdown shown sometimes as it should be (green line going down and then up, while sometimes there is no drawdown green line while actually there was? I marked in the picture below the correct
For example, in broker X, the Dow Jones chart starts at 2 am, But in broker Y the Dow Jones chart starts at 1am, So we don't have 1am in Dow Jones chart's broker X. How do I check that 1am is on the chart? Edit1: for example: if ( D'2021.11.05 01:00:00' ) { Comment ( "1am
Hello all, I can log in my mql5 account with the same email address and password through website but not from within MT4 Code Base when I wanted to download scripts. Any thought? TIA. Regards
Everytime i still check the transaction by choosing to show all trades on mt4. But today I can only see the transaction history for the last month. Can't view all transaction history anymore. is there any way to fix this problem
when i use the iCustom function to fetch the values from the data window and alert the values , I get the values.. But when i compare that values to Open or Close function it doesn't take any trade according to my condition //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
if ((OrderMagicNumber()== 0 )==(OrderType()==OP_BUY)) { OrderSend ( NULL ,OP_SELLSTOP,ls3,tpSell, 10 ,slSell,tpSellStop, NULL , 1 ); } I want my EA to only do the OrderSend if the OrderMagicNumber 0 (a pending order ) is fulfilled. I can't seem to make this work. I also tried this approach but it
how do I change an EA variable that is in several assets? I'm gonna explain: I'm going to put the EA on several assets and I'm going to set a target and I want to close all orders when I get to 10 dollars, I need to leave the target on the dashboard and when I change the target to 12 dollars I want
Hello, I need help in MQL4 , what should I use in (OnChartEvent) to be able to move two lines at the same time, while the mouse button is pressed. EXAMPLE: imagine two horizontal lines, while I move one up the other moves down AT THE SAME TIME, not just when I release the mouse button. thanks
Hi Team, Please add % Change to Market Watch, we have Bid and Ask but it would be nice to have % Change as well so we can know in real time what % the instrument is rising and falling Regards Sam
  Unbalanced Parenthesis  (16   1 2)
I know it's boering to find but I have unbalanced left parenthesis error in my script here is the module I've been working on - I know there is not ticket management to know witch ea does the trades or manual trading that's how I want it -This is an order management script to do sorta a martingale
I'm attempting to create a simple panel on the chart with an EA. It's my first time to create one by the way. My first step was to create a simple rectangular object but it doesn't seem to show up in the chart when the EA is initialized. I could create buttons and labels but the rectangular object
I am new to forex trading and I have been trying to familiarize myself with the features of the MT4 platform. However, from the start till now I have been unable to execute a trade. When I click on the new order tab, the following attachment is what I always encounter. It would be great if i could
double FirstOrderInfo(string Info,int type =-1) { for(int i =OrdersTotal() -1 ; i>=0; i--) { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber && (OrderType()==type ||type==-1)) { if(Info=="Type") return (OrderType()); if(Info=="Price") return
I wanted to know if there were shortcut keys specific to strategy tester functions: start/stop testing PAUSE testing I'm particularly interested in the pause testing shortcut, without having to click the mouse.
hey every one i want if conditions is true , open " just " one position(ex one buy) and when condition is good for sell open just one sell. i would be really grateful if you could help me
Hi, I want to install MT4 so I click "MT4 download" and it gives me "mt4setup.exe" as expected but running this installs MT5. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
  Elite indicators links thread  (55   1 2 3 4 5 6)
It is the thread to download good elite section indicators mainly developed for elite section and for public sections as well.
Happy coding. I'm new to Mql4 and coding in general, but I'm learning at a rapid rate via the mql4 documentation. My question refers to Methods inside of Classes via "public" access. As referring to mql4 documentation, there seems to be no listed source on how to properly instantiate a Method into a
[Deleted]
Hello I have a SendMail function set up in an MQH file. Having added to the content of the email body, compiled it and initialised it, the updated contents of the email body is just not showing, it's as if its completely ignoring any changes made. The EA file is connected to the MQH file via an
Good day, I need some help please. I want the button to stay the way it is when the time frame is changed. #property indicator_chart_window #include <Controls\Button.mqh> CButton TrendButton; int OnInit () { TrendButton.Create ( 0 , "TrendButton" , 0 , 1460 , 62 , 1540 , 82 );
i have vps linux centos Operating System how to install metatrade ?
with MT4, I'm trying to create a custom indicator that, once I placed RSI indicator, put on it also the MA indicator. Manually I add RSI chart indicator, then 1) I drag&drop MA indicator and select Apply to: First indicator's data and then I click OK. 2) Then I reopen in editing this MA and change...
On Strategy Tester I have a hard time accessing global variables from an EA calling a custom indicator that set them , Is it supposed to work
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| tst.mq4 | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property version "1.00" #property strict void OnTick () { barCalculations();
when I try to open metaeditor the platform locks up for about 30 seconds then just continues running. Can someone solve this problem? Thanks for your help
In 1335 and previous versions my EA compiled and ran fine on the terminal with no errors while running on compiling. Now after updating today, when attempting to add my EA to any chart I get 'global initialization failed' with no compile errors in build 1340. I've tried wiping the installation
Is this a new ploy by MetaQuotes to force everyone to MT5? For what it's worth I'd love to only have to use MT5 and not 4, but many BROKERS don't support MT5 yet, and that's very frustrating. Dear MetaQuotes: if you want us users to all to move to MT5, please figure out how to force all the brokers