MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1477

[Deleted]
  mql4 is easy???  (20   1 2)
At the First time I was read, how to construct an EA is easy ?? What we need just only Three Function, Just int init, int deinit, int start. Oh it will be not so difficult. And then I Tryed it,.... Just to Code Simply Basic of Trading " Buy at Low And Sell at High Prices " What I get?? It not Easy...
Does anyone have a code that converts server time to local time in the charts? Using daily charts as an example, instead of updating at 00:00 GMT, they would update at 00:00 GMT-5, or whatever time you set. I'm sure this would be possible, but I'm new to MT and not familiar with the code. Can anyone
I'm here to share a great script I've created, you can try it on IBFX, because it's the only one i know that offer a $0.01 peny per lot, so open a mini 5K and try this script for this week, good luck and let me know how it worked.
[Deleted]
I was just wondering if it is normal for an EA to perform differently with 2 different brokers? I have been studying forex and learning for a while now, and have done several different demos. Not until recently have i had any success with an EA. I had my EA set up good with a broker on a demo...
This is a popular scalper and can't have been hard to code. Anyone got a similar EA we could use or investigate?
  Bug or what ?  (2)
Hi ppl, I found that when I try to make a new order like this OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT, lots, Ask+100,0,Ask+200*Point,Ask-200*Point,"",0,0,0); the journal says OrderSend error 130 /// invalid stops I don't understand why Can I set sl and tp or not ?
[Deleted]
I am looking for instructions how to update data for the offline charts.
Anyone want to throw some example code my way? All it needs to do is place some text label object with value "Buy" or "Sell" just above the current bar.
[Deleted]
I want to when 2ma crossing happens, metatrader play a sound. how do i that?
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to transfer data from an Excell spreadsheet to an Expert program written in MT4. Ideally I want the Expert to be checking on each tic the value in a spreadsheet. Thanks for any help. HU
[Deleted]
anyone please advise me where or how i can get longer test period data to test my EA. I am using Fx interbank demo account, i found it only has 1 year or little more period of time for m30 EUR/USA data, it is not enough for a EA, i want a least 2 years data for that. thanks
I am a newbie and needs help on my first EA, There is one error remaining . It says ( '\end_of_program'-ending bracket '}' expected ). The error dot points me to a line of code where the program should be opening an additional order. Does anyone know what I may do to solve this problem.
I have written my own indicator. It uses iMaOnArray function and works properly. When I transform it into an EA system and run testing, everything seems fine except no trades occur. And no error was reported. I looked through the forum and saw many EA systems. Nearly none uses iMaOnArray function. I...
[Deleted]
  FXCM Data Feed ?  (1)
Hello, I've looked through the FXCM thread and wasn't able to find anything on this. Can anyone reccomend a MT4 demo provider that has a data feed using FXCM or even close to FXCM? They don't offer demos, but other providers are sometimes even 10 pips off the real prices at FXCM. I want to use MT4
Could someone advise me how to syncronize two or more vertical charts on the MetaTrader platform with different timeframes so that the cross-hair appears on both charts similtaniously. I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum to seek this advice. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi, If I have an EA attached to the EURUSD chart that uses the MarketInfo function to open and close trades on GBPUSD, do I have to have the GBPUSD chart open in MT4 while the EA is active? Thanks in advance for help. ~DV
Hi there, I just need somone to point me out on how I could create a cloud between a candle high and low. By cloud I mean to color horzontally up to a specific timezone the space between the high and the low. I need to know at least what function I should look for. Can anyone help a bit ? Thx!
[Deleted]
Hi, can someone help me to risolve this little problem? 1. I open an order when my conditions are true. 2. Then after Trailling Stop >= OrderOpenPrice from (1. Order) : Open second Order 3. Then after Trailling Stop >= OrderOpenPrice from (2. Order) : Open third Order Then Important!!!!: if...
[Deleted]
I tried to setup a separate account to run an EA by itself so that it wouldn't interfere with my main account. ( I'm test 2 different strategies.) But when I add the EA to a chart, or add a chart, or an indicator, or take away some action in one account the platform performs the same action in both...
[Deleted]
Hello, can anyone help me finish this EA. I know I'm doing something wrong or a piece of code could be missing. The EA should close all open orders once the account profit reaches x amount. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi all, trading on 4 pairs EUR/USD GBP/USD USD/JPY USDCHF EURUSDMaxLoss = -500 GBPUSDMaxLoss = -350 ... How can i calculate the MaxLoss on E/U and close all E/U trades if E/U MaxLoss >= -500 greater or equal if reached Example code can be combined for all 4 majors or seperated for each pair thx in...
Hello, As a programmer, it is frustrating when a new build comes out and the old experts/libraries/indicators cause crashing of the MT4 system. Is there any way to find out what changes have been made or how programs are saved in profiles, config, templates? So far, the only way I've found to...
I was wondering if someone can create this indicator? Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi All, I would like to know how to use Expert Advisor & Strategy Tester options on MQL4 trading platform/system.....please help me. Thanks. Rupesh. Dubai
Hi, I'm working on a trailing stop EA, and for some reason I can't get the platform to compare numbers correctly, and it's driving me up the wall. Before trying to set a new SL value, I check to see if the new calculated SL is great than or lesser than the current SL, depending on it being a Buy or...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to change the periodicity of a chart to something other than the presets eg 3 minutes? thanks
[Deleted]
I am have difficulty compiling individual Include files. The main mq4 source file compiles error free but the individual Include files each produce varying numbers of "undefined variable" errors. I tried changing the undefined variable to Global types but most are local the the Include file and...
What I noticed that if an indicator is recompiled while still being attached to a chart, the line width specified via SetIndexStyle() is ignored inside init() and the default width is used (1). Here is the code, you can try it yourself: #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1...
can some help me to optimize this EA please