MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1483

[Deleted]
Hello fellow coders/traders: I'm trying to think of a good way to determine an uptrend in a moving average. I'm classifying an "uptrend" as a 50DMA at a 25º angle. So I want to be able to say: Buying =IF MA > 25º (but how do i quantify 25º) && [Other trading criteria] MA = iMA(NULL...
[Deleted]
so many too say here, so simple question ;) well to have such a robot (i am not sure if ea is the same what robot), but anyway, that gives u 100% in a week like says comercials sounds, well fantastic, but i donnt think is true, because u still writting here new things, programs So what is close to...
Anyvbody could please code an indicator that takes into input the name of a cross and display inn the indicator window the candlestick plot of the cross on the same timeframe currently used on the main window plot. Thanks
[Deleted]
Can someone show me how I can capture a Close price with EA code from the M5 interval while my EA is loaded on the M15 time interval? I'm interested in capturing the previous [1] M5 bar close price.
[Deleted]
  files mq4  (4)
Hi Everyone! I am new to Forex, and a lot to learn ahead of me. Can someone please help me with some basic here. I cant open files mq4. This seems to be essential for EA trading. Thank U a lot. Anna
[Deleted]
I am new to MetaTrader. Does anyone have a free Strategy Tester that can backtest my strategy for me? The inbuilt strategy Tester will only back Test EAs.
[Deleted]
  Deleting orders  (4)
Can anyone elaborate as to why my EA will not delete Limit orders yet on another EA that is written almost identically, it will remove the stop orders? Is there something I am missing here!? Both trades detailed below get placed with no problem, but once the sell or buy are closed, it is almost like...
[Deleted]
Hello, Working on a custom indicator, and have no problem writing normal text to the screen, but how would I write my account balance on the screen? ObjectSetText("AccountBal", "Account balance:", 7, "Verdana", Yellow); <-- How i write text ObjectSetText("AccountBalDsp", Accountbalance(), 7,...
[Deleted]
Hi Is it possible to use MQL4 in other trading engines that are not MT4? rgds
Hi, is there a way to avoid that the field OrderComment() is modified from the platform? Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hey everybody. I would neet some help with my EA. Thats what i need to get coded and i dont know how: I would like to place the EA on a 15min chart (eg. USDGBP) and compare two other charts, to get an alert, in a message box. I thought something like this: I dont know how to programm the bold parts....
[Deleted]
  Urgently Wanted  (6)
i am looking for someone to manage and trade funds (starting with a small but regular amount i will supply), looking to make small, 'any profit', gains using MQL4 and FX|Clearing. After a period of proving the concept, i would like to then perhaps establish a small investment fund whereby investment...
[Deleted]
Hi I've had a look at the use of iCustom on EAs and looks like they should work okay, but the numbers i receive back are nothing like i see whe charting the EA for my own CI.  So, I tried this   // only enter on the 1st tick of the bar    if (!is5MinBar())       return(false);       double...
[Deleted]
How to make a robot look for contraction/expansion in the bands. How would one define a BB band contract?
I have a few Buy orders and Sell orders What I want do is : - Exit all the trades " Basket" at 5 pips more than the breakeven price of the open trades " including the swap" What I am trying to do in the first for loop is find the value of opentrades + swap and convert it to pips, and this is the...
[Deleted]
Hello Developers, I am new to MQ4. I downloaded many EAs and try to run on MetaTrader4 Strategy Tester. None of them works. - Report generated but all the data is shown as 0.0 What do I need to do to make it work on Strategy Tester? I am especially interested in the e-Regr EA and try to make it...
[Deleted]
  frozen  (3)
Been using demo account each week with help while doing the course. all of a sudden on the 6th of mar everything is frozn and trading stopped, when I try it says market closed, no more real time movement on the charts can anyone help?
[Deleted]
  EoM.mq4  (1)
Can anybody help me with my code? On the last candel he draws the up-infinity line and I don't know how to fix it. Code: #property indicator_separate_window //#property indicator_minimum 50 //#property indicator_maximum 50 #property indicator_buffers 1 double Buffer1[];...
Hello! Everyone! 2009.01.02 15:15; 2009.01.05 05:30; 2009.01.05 14:41; 2009.01.06 08:01; 2009.01.07 22:48; 2009.01.27 15:00; 2009.01.28 18:18; 2009.01.28 22:45; 2009.02.04 03:52; 2009.02.23 18:15; 2009.02.25 07:00; 2009.02.25 14:30; 2009.02.25 18:13; As you see,I have saved the time list as .csv,...
Hello can anyone provide me or send me or talk 2 me about A reverse EA that opens reverse positions to the current positions Without Closing them and it has to be having A t/p,s/l, Lot size, and max trades options thanks in advance i have a script that do reverse positions but it close them and i...
Can anyone help me find the error in the following script? I keep getting a "\end of program-unbalanced left parentheses" error . PlaceBuyOrder() and PlaceSellOrder() are functions I defined and which compile ok. Would appreciate anyone's help. This is my first attempt at writing a MQL4 program...
Hi!! I expect the title match my question...sometimes english is a little hard for me. The question is that I have a custom indi, my first cusotm indi. The indi is showed in a separated window and is showed for all bars in charts. Sometimes I have a large amount of bars in charts and the terminal...
  Regression Analysis  (133   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
New polynomial tools were developed: - PolyFitMA (attached). - PolyFitBands (attached); template. PolyFitBands_v1.1 (updated version with new options: shift in bars and alert when price crosses Upper or Lower bands). - ang_PR (Din)-v2+SQStdN: this post. - PolyVelocity indicator: this post. -...
[Deleted]
This info would help calculate the value of a pip as follows: For a standard account, 1 standard lot = 100,000 trade size and pip value is .0001 X 100,000 = 10 US Dollar. For a mini account, 1 mini lot = 10,000 trade size and pip value is .0001 X 10,000 = 1 US Dollar. For a micro account, 1...
[Deleted]
Hi There are a couple of indicators that I would like to put on my charts. I downloaded one and it took me to Meta Editor. From there I could not figure out how I can put it on my charts. It seems to me that the Meta Editor is about changing the script? So my question is; How do I get the code...
[Deleted]
  Help on EA  (4)
I have a script that opens up a trade in the opposite direction (EURUSD 15M), but it can't seem to detect when the price is falling or rising. Here is piece of code, is there a better way to do this? Thanks. close <= OrderOpenPrice() - 0.0060
Need help with code . Seems like I have got the wrong parameters ;<( double FracUp_2 = iCustom(0,PERIOD_H4,"NewFracs",MODE_UPPER,2); if(FracUp_2 !=0) ..........( This works with the Bill Williams Fractal Indicator . ifractals(0,PERIOD_H4,MODE_UPPER,2) Indicator below...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have been assigned to do an Indicator with MQL4 and my knowledge on the whole thing is close to zero. This is what i need to do Take a previous "working" day's stop loss, make it the current days' opening. After a 10 day period, take an average of all the 9 day stop loss's and create a...
greeting, the Label have charater limit of 60 charaters. any way to extend it ? i would like to display a commentary on the indicator section. Please advise, thanks.
[Deleted]
Has anyone been able to set up smtp settings and use yahoo mail for Sendmail function in mql4? I read in old forum that yahoo won't allow pop mail any longer? I am using comcast high speed internet....anyone know how to set this up? thank you......Dan