MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1428

hey coders and gurus out there. iv tried to learn coding but there are just too many technical things involved. i know if i could get one of you guys to answer my questions, id be able to do my own coding shortly. guys i need your help. it always annoys me when i see these people promising thousands...
Hi everyone, nice to be here. I've been looking at the markets for only a few months and have I guess a little understanding of how things works and I guess just like everyone else has done in the past thinks that there way is the best way, however I'm not going to kid myself into that. I started...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have problems with strategy tester. I have developed an indicator that uses past data to correct itself. When I assign it to graph it corrects its parameters and till current time is well fitted to graph. For example when I have about 20000 Bars on graph in MT4 history. However when I...
[Deleted]
I'm new to trading, don't want to trade just yet but i've heard many people saying that Dr.van tharp being a coach in trading, so is it good if i read everything this guyt wrote and learn the skills he teaches especially in this "secrets of the master tading game" or are there any additional things...
[Deleted]
Dear fellow MQL4 members: I would appreciate your comments & critique on the results I've been able to achieve with my EA. Charts, Reports & Results are posted for 2009, as well as all the way back to 2000. The EA has a stop loss of 45 pips, but a trade can be exited before then. It does not use a...
I need to append the folder path and the filename of a file together to form the total filepath to be fed into a function. However I cannot seem to set a string equal to "C:\" for example, nor can I do "\" and then just append the three together. I keep getting the error message "double quotes...
Hi All. I have an e.a. that when I run in tester mode, when an order closes, it shows the opening arrow, the closing arrow and a trend line between the two. When I run this same e.a. in demo mode, the opening arrow is there but not the closing arrow or the trend line. Why is this? How can I get the...
[Deleted]
  Free EA 100%  (2)
!!!
  One for all. General exeprt.  (115   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
As they say, one head is good, but two are better! Therefore, I suggest that everyone, regardless of programming skills, take part in writing a "trading machine" (Expert Advisor). Surely, there is not a single trader using the same TS, shared knowledge will help you achieve hundreds of times better
So I've been trying to wrap my mind around it, but how can I select the 2 most recently opened positions using OrderSelect? I would really appreciate it if someone could please paste in a script that I can work on. Bottomline is I need to get the prices of my last 2 opened trades.. Would appreciate...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know the best way to close a position and open the opposite position, without getting an "hedge error 149"'? I only want one position open at a time. Thanks!
Please i need your help to code my ea on bollinger band indicator,default setting(20,2). i want it to place a buy order if the opening price on previous bar(bar 1) is less than the value of middle line of bollinger band, and the high price also on bar 1 is greater than bollinger band middle line's...
Greetings to all hard workers, programmers or whoever you are ... I would like to offer to some of you cooperation on two interesting projects: Trendline Autotrader Universal Trader I started these projects by myself to simplify EA development (Universal Trader) and to implement one of my ideas:...
[Deleted]
Found this ea at google ads... chart report Strategy Tester Report FXDOS SPIKE FXOpen-Demo (Build 224) SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)Period1 Hour (H1) 2006.01.02 01:00 - 2009.07.16 22:00 (2006.01.01 - 2009.07.17)ModelEvery tick (the most precise method based on all available least...
[Deleted]
Hi. I'm brand new to programming in MT4 and to here, but I searched on the forum and I didn't see any posts that answered my question so here goes. I am trying to program an EA that buys and sells lots at different amounts as the market changes but does not keep track of the different orders,...
I can add text to a chart using the toolbar "Text Label" button. [I do not mean the "Text" button] Sometimes if I add an indicator, or change intervals, and return, the text disappears. Is there a way to KEEP the text on the chart? Thanks.
I'm coding an indicator that has a lot of external parameters (over 60 at present), and I'm having trouble using the iCustom function to call it from an EA. Is there a limit to the number of parameters you can pass using iCustom? (This is probably a question for the MQL programmers). I thought about...
[Deleted]
Good day. I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips on how to insure that my Expert Advisorwon't be distributed if I sell it for example. Is there a source code to insure protection? How about some sort of activation code? Your help will be greatly appreciated. rossonero0102
In my EA I'd like to add a comment on the upper left corner of thechart that shows what the Breakeven value is..... Where the currencyneeds to go to be out of the red and into the black.... I'm sure Ineed to evaluate all the orders add the negative profits....and theoffset by the current bid/ask.......
[Deleted]
Hello Sir, am on my kneel beging you to help me create a simple EA. the EA will place pending orders immediately after the close ofthe first candle of the day at 12:00 depending on brokers time, Alpari.co.ukbegins a new day at 12:00 which is what i use. but it should haveoption where one can put...
  Expiry Value  (1)
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to give expiry a price value instead of a date. Meaning if price goes above or below certain level the pending order should be void. For example, if I have pending sell stop and price goes above certain level I want order to be void automatically without me...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to know how I can 1) obtain the total profit on all my open trades, and then 2) say close all orders if this value is above a certain number. Any ideas? Sp
[Deleted]
Hello all, Im just real beginer on programming and im trying to code my first strategy. What I want is to create a code that after 5 bars in short enter in long until get 10 pips. Is this possible?? can you give me the hint about how to write this code? I will really apreciate your help. thanks...
  EASE OF MOVEMENT IDICATOR  (11   1 2)
This indicator does not exist on MT4 ? some body could code it please ! it s a very good one even for a EA EMV = [((H + B)/2) - ((Hp + Bp)/2)] / (V/( H - B)) * 10 000 H = Plus haut de la période courante ( semaine, séance) B = Plus bas de la période courante...
Can someone code a EA based on the MADRO GOLDEN FILTER indicator ? It can be a very good one. Thank you :-) https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7079 https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7079
Hi, I have been trying to put the fib level prices as labels seperatly from the lines on to the chart for a couple of days now. I can put just about any other indicators price value anywhere, but for some reason i cannot figure out how to put the fib price values. I would like to have my target...
[Deleted]
if the network is busy,the market data often lost. ex: i have market datas of 15:25 and 15:45,but lost market datas of 15:30 and 15:40,so the EA will not work correct. how can i get the market datas of 15:30 and 15:40 in EA? sorry for my poor english.
[Deleted]
Will somebody out there please help me before I toss MQL4 out the window. I have written a program for a simple EA. Everything works except for anything to do with OrderCLose. OrderSend works fine, but closing an order works intermittently. I must be missing something with OrderClose. My...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, My EA is running live fine, both buying and selling, but when i run it through the backtester it will only take long/buy trades, it never takes a sell trade, even though all the criterion have been met. It's driving me mad, can anyone please help out, Thanks in advance, AK
Hi All, I was able to write a script that writes the last opened price into a csv file. Now my problem is how to assign the data in the csv file into a variable.. Below is the script I made. When I try to compile, an error pops up saying that the function returns no result. But I am sure there is a...