MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1559

Whats up Everyone! Could someone give me the simple code for entering when price closes above the 5 period EMA and exiting when it closes below? Also... I want it to always be in the market. So when it exits... it immediately enters a Short. I can figure out all the other stuff later... but I...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article by Mikhail Korolyuk "Be In-Phase" has been published.Mikhail has been trading on equity market since 1995. He is also the creator of one of the first traders' internet resources, Moysha-online. Mr. Korolyuk is the author of...
  OIL on MT4  (1)
In general, what do people think of trading Oil rather than Forex. Does anyone have the right Scripts, Indicators or Expert Advisors for trading Oil on the MT4 Platform. Anyone who is interested in trading Oil please contact me.
Hello, Is it possible to do that? I know how to automatically save the screenshoot and send email in MQL4. But can we combine them? Saving the screenshoot and send it via email automatically? Thanks
[Deleted]
hi every one, I am beginner. I am looking for a simple script who buy a "once" of gold/usd when the spot is at value X-$10 and sell it when it is at value X and buy it again when it go down to X-$10 The script must show the margin used I din`t find it on the web thanks in advance
[Deleted]
I want to say Hi for everyone, I need some1 to help me, i like this indicator very much and need to use it for excell program. But i don't know about mt4 program, so maybe some1 can explain algorithma this indicator so i can make excell program for this indicator. Thank you in advance....
  Red and White  (13   1 2)
I am testing a MACD system, and just want arrows to appear on the chart as per specified criteria. The following code doesn't show arrows more than once on a chart. What modification is needed, so that a white arrow appears for every long signal, and a red one appears at every short signal. int...
Hi Gurus! I make an order by this code: ticket=OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,1,Ask,1,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"",0,0,Green); If this order closed (SL or TP), I'd like to check in my expert what kind of result had it: SL or TP? Can you help me? Thanks!
[Deleted]
I've been trading forex for 5 years and I find this websitevery useful if you trade news. http://forexmastermaker.com/cmd.php?af=577756
  Backtesting Data  (3)
I'm trying to backtest a few currency pair and spot gold but my MetaTrader provideswith limited number of bars (in most cases for a few weeks only). My focus is onM15 charts for the following pairs: XAUUSD EURCHF GBPUSD AUDUSD EURUSD JPYUSD EURCAD Do you know where or how I can obtain the data...
[Deleted]
Hi, I use a kalman filter programme din MATLAB to estimate the states of a mechanical system. the states are namely rotational speed and torque. I have both process and measurement noise. By playing with the covariance matrix Q until I get a good estimation of the states, I finally shaped the values
[Deleted]
  FAP  (3)
I am new to meta4, and would like some help. Has anyone used FAP with stops successfully? I have back tested it for 6 months the way it was, and came up with a $3684.00 loss on 5/1/08 that wiped out all profits. Tried using stops of all varieties, but unprofitable. Anyone have an answer? Thanks
  Feature Request.  (2)
In order to have an indicator which changes colour depending on its position requires that you have a separate buffer for each colour you want. I'd like to see a feature added which makes it possible to change the colour of a single buffer depending on whether it's either above or below the price....
We can optimaization any variables in the history testing, and get the best variables. But I want to the expert optimaizate the variables in the expert running time, and the expert always chang the variables in the future. for example, run a expert in the 1M eurusd windows, when 0 hours, the experts...
A lot of people talk about the above Indicators, they use them to produce their strategies and then their EA; where do you get these these indicators or how do you produce them ? Is anybody wiling to let me know? Thank you very much!
  5 points/day or 100 points/month  (126   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
How do you feel about consistently receiving 5 points every day? Answer options: - good (I wouldn't mind); - bad (it is not enough for me); - bad (it is impossible); Discussion on the creation of a forum, starting on page 4
[Deleted]
  I need a coder  (1)
Hello, I have some ideas to add to my trading system so I need a coder to write some indicators for me (they are not sophisticated), and I will pay for the service of course, Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm currently using auto optimization (Article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467). The Optimization Report is giving me a hard time, to see the inputs I have to move the mouse over the line report and the inputs appear as a tooltip balloon. This tooltip is shown just for a few seconds and
If somebody know how to sumarize all opened long and short positions separately no mater pairs? Thank You ind advance, Mtudersk
[Deleted]
  choice order  (5)
I would like to connect the order send with the appropriate order of closure. How can I? Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Does anyone have an EA that looks at account balance versus equity and then closes positions once the equity exceeds balance by "x" %(made "x"% in profit)? Thank you........D
HI all, I have a question : -Exist an indicator that draws the horizontal lines that join two or more identical points of ZigZag ? as photos.... Thanks.
New article The Statistic Analysis of Market Movements and Their Prognoses is published: The present article contemplates the wide opportunities of thestatistic approach to marketing. Unfortunately, beginner tradersdeliberately fail to apply the really mighty science of statistics.Meanwhile, it is...
[Deleted]
I wrote the following code: #property indicator_separate_window //#property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1 #property indicator_color1 Red int init() { //---- indicators SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE); SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer); //---- return(0); } int deinit() {...
Please, let us give more details on how EAs will be tested to qualify. Are the tasts made via the MT4 Tester? Will the checkup IsTesting() will return true during the tests the jury will make? What exactly an EA must show to be let take part of the championship?
[Deleted]
In the championship, what's the time display in the account history of the participants? Is the time american time or GMT?
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to right align the description for a trend line... From what I can find, there isn't a way to align a label or textbox by pixels and price at the same time, so that it stays on the right side of the chart. I need something that functions much like fibonacci...
[Deleted]
Can someone please help. The following code when actually true does not give an answer at a difference of 20 but does when the difference is 40???? Yes all values are double if(MathMod(newlevel-mhlevel,20.0)==0) { Print(" nl ",newlevel); Print("mf ",MathFloor((newlevel-mhlevel)/20...
Hi, I try to understand MQL4 and the working of the tester. I have some simple code which I expected to draw (lots of) arrows on the chart. But it only draws one arrow. Maybe I do not know how the tester activates the start() routine or the code is not correct. The code to draw up arrows: int...
[Deleted]
Good day, So, I've been trying to figure out how much money a trade would need to stay open, even if the price hit zero. This is what I came up with: Lot_Required_Margin = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED); Required_Margin = (Lot_Required_Margin*Lot_size); AvailableBalance =...