MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1203

Hello, I have been using an indicator that works great and involves the plot of a histogram (green bar when indicator value of bar i exceedes that of bar i+1, red bar when indicator value of bar i is less than that of bar i+1, yellow histogram for uncertain area. As I say the indicator works great...
[Deleted]
Hi All after a "spread crash", my broker restored my trade but without MaginNumber, saying there are not stored at the broker end but at the users end ? I'm quite confused ? any idea ? Thks
  MACD vlaues  (2)
I want to be able to get the 2 values per bar that I see in MACD . For instance: The red line, versus the top or bottom of the histogram. How do I get those values? I only see one value returned by MACD. iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0) this only returns one value. Thanks for you help
[Deleted]
Hi I'm new to the world of MQL4 but not to the world of programming in C. I've got a few custom indicators, the source code of which I don't have, but I want to create and expert advisor to place my trades based on the indicators (basically their colors). My sample strategy would be: 1. Buy when...
I need to trigger a specific function at the end of the final round of optimization, from the EA's deinit() function. What is the best way to do this? Do I have to calculate it out by making start, step, and stop globally available variables? Or is there an easier way?
New article How to Copy Trading from MetaTrader 5 to MetaTrader 4 is published at mql4.com: Is it possible to trade on a real MetaTrader 5 account today? How to organize such trading? The article contains the theory of these questions and the working codes used for copying trades from the MetaTrader...
Hello, I`m getting this nasty error 130, I've triple checked that I`m normalizing everything for my Stop loss, I really don`t see where it's coming from : 2011.01.30 14:45:57 2010.12.17 23:59 EA_v01 AUDUSD,H4: OrderSend error 130 double size; size = 0.01; entry = NormalizeDouble(High[1],Digits)+...
[Deleted]
is there an object set cmd to select a lable in mql4?want the ea to enable it so I can modify it without having to double click firstthanks
Hello, Sorry about the noob question, I've got an EA that seems to be trading more that it should (ie: more than once per bar) . What's the best way to ensure that you are only trading once per bar ? cheers,
Hi Im working on My EA to something like Copier,Not exact the same any one had any idea how to detect changes to order?Like opening new order,Modify Orders,Closing (Partial Closing),... How to detect Changes in Orders?
[Deleted]
Hi, i added the feature of multiplier in my expert, that is if the last trade is negative then the ea will open the new trade with double the lot that was opened in the previous trade. My Problem is that the multiplyer doesnt mutliply in a correct way, i think it just generates a number higher than...
Hi, I'm new to MT4 and looking for an advice or developer assistance to accomplish the following: I have a custom application I would like to give control over MT4 terminal without use of any third party libs, the only features I need to interface from MT4 are: - GetAccountInfo (spread, balance
[Deleted]
I tried to get correct signals from calling BBands stop indicator on offline charts but it keeps saying sell, sell, and sell all days. Can you help solve it? extern int StopLoss=0; extern int TakeProfit=0; extern double Lots=1; extern int Slippage=3; extern int Length=5; // Bollinger Bands Period...
[Deleted]
Hi All how to do it in EA to open position when bar open and close position when bar close? Thanks
[Deleted]
i like looking at the charts with and without EMA lines..... so I have 2 templates for the same pair, for example, USD/JPY with and without the EMAs... however, support & resistance lines are also part of the templates.... how do we save a template without s/r lines because, as you all know, we...
[Deleted]
hi! when you use extern variables, its often to input a number or to set a bool true or false. in my case, id prefer to let the user choose between some options, like a menu. so i would like to define the different possibilities he'll be able to choose, like a string that allows only 3 possibilities...
hi Guys, I'd like to build and EA that opens/closes positions based on an app external to mt4 like ms excel. is there a way that I can use VB to change the values in a global variable? Has anyone tried this? I'd appreciate your comments/ideas/suggestions =) Thanks!
Hello. where can I download historical data for mt4? (In the historical center appear only, in the case of EURUSD, from 18 to 27 January 2011). Can you help me? thanks trader201
[Deleted]
Is there a way to import CSV data into MT4? Specifically, I have a lot of COT Report data in a spreadsheet. I'm interested in plotting the Commercial Net Position data in an indicator window. Can anyone give some guidance on how to properly format the data in Excel and then how to import it into
  Time EA  (6)
Hello Friends !!!!!!!!!!!!! Exists a time EA, with random entries ?? I want to say that if you open a trade, this trade will be closed after a period of time ?? Really thanks for your answers...
The MT4 terminal says that this IS the support site for the MT4 client as well. I'm well aware that this is primarily a MQL4 programming site. So if this is not also the MT4 client support as indicated in the Help section of the MT4 client (the link brings me here), where is it ? The subject says...
[Deleted]
I have written the following piece of code to show momentum of MA of price as an indicator on the chart. But nothing shows up. whats wrong with the code? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Acc.mq4 | //| | //| |
[Deleted]
So this code sends a mail message whenever an order is entered or deleted or closed. But, it also sends redundant messages whenever the MT4 trading platform is started up as it re-assesses the recently brought up state of the orders. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I was thinking along the lines...
  easy shot there  (4)
I want to modify my order in som script and I wonder how to actually get profit in points instead of dollars I want to know what is the simplest way to do this. OrderProfit()*Point or in both sell/buy case use OrderOpenPrice()-OrderPrice() OrderPrice()-OrderOpenPrice() please help me out
Hi, I’m running some back test in 15 minutes chart, but I can only go back to 2009. I need more data than that to see how my model would behave in a very bear market, like 2008. Where I can get more data in good quality? I can buy it if necessary! Any idea? Thanks
hi am traying to make a rectangle using object creat this is my code ObjectCreate("rectanglename", OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0,Time[x],High[x],Time[x]+period()*60,Low[x] ); if the first time point of the rectangle is a timedate   D'2010.10.08 00:00' i want the second time point of the rectangle to be after 100...
This isn't the first time I've seen threads created that should have been unreservedly deleted. I suggest that all those who wish to do so write down the rules here, violation of which will lead to the unconditional deletion of the topic already created. It really wants to clean the forum from junk
  Reading a file  (2)
Im trying to read data from a .csv file. The file in is the following format: ex. 124124; 1241.21 12241; 131.1 3113; 1213.0 3123; 31.12 ...basically 'n' lines of semicolon delimited values. The left column has all int's while the right has all doubles I am using the following code to read it:...
[Deleted]
When a pending order is executed and then closed out at a loss, I need the EA to re-entry the order. I have tried various ways of getting this done with no success. Is it not possible? It seems fairly simple.. can anyone help??