MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1040

Bad programmers  (15   1 2)
Why is MetaTrader so badly programmed? Isnt there any good programmer who can make it better ? Why are there no rangebars ? Why isnt it much more users friendly ? Why arent there good buy and sell scripts i can go on for 5 hours !! very bad programmers at MetaTrader very very sad it was good...
[Deleted]
See image for a better explanation. I only want to display 1 value on the RSI and 3 on the MACD I know why they are there but I want to hide them just because it irritates me. I needed multiple buffer for the colors, etc... Is it possible to reuse a buffer just for color? int init()  {...
Is there anyway to predetermine the number of times start will run using the strategy tester on a set period of timesuch as 4/11/2012 to 4/12/2012. If the period is M1 how many times will start be executed. If the periodis M15 how would I  predetermine the number of times start() will run.
[Deleted]
Hi all, If anyone could please guide me how to change time in my Mt4 Demo account according to my country indices time. I would be very thankful for the same if any body can help me change the time according to my settings Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi all, I've had a couple of occurrences recently where the following statement triggers when it shouldn't: if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_SELL,dLots) <= 0) { blah... Notes: dLots is a double which is set to 0.1 on this occasion. There is plenty of free margin. If I create a...
Hi guys, Im running my EA in tester and OrdersHistoryTotal(), OrderClosePrice() and OrderTakeProfit() are all showing zeros even after orders are Open and Closed.Here is the code. Thanks for your help.       double PriceTP;    int Total_History = OrdersHistoryTotal();  for (int pos = 0; pos >=...
ObjectCreate( "andrew1", 19,0,gt1t,gp1,gt2t,gp2,gt3t,gp3 ) ; how to draw a parrallel pitchfork in mql4 thanks in advance t
Hi, I have an indicator which draw Up & Down arrow in the main chart window to provide buy & sell signal.How can i use this indicator in EA using iCustome() function? I mean what is code in "int var=iCustome(???????)? plz help. thanks in advance. Here is the indicator code: #property...
[Deleted]
I sold one of my EAs to a client. He is getting false signals that I am not getting, and I am getting the correct signals. We are both using the same exact EA and the same exact broker . The EA is attached to the same exact pairs. What could be the cause of this?
Following some recent email related posts here is a method I found that enables: Sending emails without a SMTP account.Removing "Expert Adviser" from the 'From' field.Sending HTML formatted emails.The method uses a freeware SMTP relay client I have been using for a few months: mini-Relay v0.9.77d...
I am backtesting the following script. The return value for orderprofit is 0 and it should not be. What am I doing wrong. int ticket= OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Ask-.0011,Ask+.0014); // Scenario 1 OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET);...
Hi, I am new to mql programming. I have an custom indicator which give buy & sell signal by putting arrow in chart window. It doesn't pass any return value for EA. So i can't use iCustome() function from EA. How can i get the signal from EA?In the code what i have to add after "CrossUp[i] = Low[i] -...
the syntax of it is ObjectCreate( "andrew1", 19,0, gt1t,gp1,gt2t ,gp2 ,gt3t ,gp3 ) ; the main problem is that gt1t gt2t gt3t need to be converted from double format to datetime format as the function accept it i have for example gt1t=17 in double format,,, it means 17 bars before the...
Hello, I have a *really* stupid question I am really sorry to bother you with: My metatrader4 templates always forget the colors I had set for certain indicator buffers. Why? The code in those indicators are as follows. Is there a way to set the code to make the template actually remember that as a...
I have seen and read a lot of commets about the spread (durig weekends, bougus server, ..) of MT4. But what I have not found is an answer to to that question: If I start a backtest - e.g. ~10'000 tries: is the spread taken once at the beginning this backtest, so it's the same for all the ~10'000...
hello,,,could any one help me please getting points z1 and z2 in mql4 given :point 1 and point2 both in price and time z1 is the intersection between the horizontal line from point 2 and vertical line from point 1 i need it in price and time also z2 is at the line passing from point 1 and point 2 .....
Hello there. My EA sometimes does not open or close an order due to a disconnect or other issues. I am using a VPS and there are no issues with other brokers I am using for tests. I want to make my EA open or close trades more reliably. Can anyone please recommend a sample of a reliable order...
  chart/ea error  (2)
Hello, I have identified a problem with my EA, when i change symbol on the same chart, the EA will revert back to the original symbol and open a trade with the wrong symbol. is this a common problem or is it possible to fix in the EA, so it selects latest symbol instead of defaulting to original
Hi, Im trying to write an ea and im having trouble opening orders, i also have this ea in multiple charts windows. Currently it only opens one order at a time. What i want to happen is that the ea will only open 1 order per symbol .       {                 //Print("openbuy true");...
  How I set the TP less than 5 pips?  (54   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello! I want to ask how can I set the TP less than 5 pips. 5pips are permitted by my broker! Do I need a script or a .dll???? thank you
Hi everyone. I executed an optimization run on my EA over full year 2011 (I didnt include first quarter 2012 and reserved it for testing), and got about 3000 results. I was wondering if there was an automated way (couldn't find it in the optimizator nor these forums) to get the projected balance of
[Deleted]
I am a Newbie and looking for an automatic trading system for the Bill Poulos Instant Pips system can someone help please
Hi can anyone give me clarification of Indicatorcounted funtion. In the below function Does Indicatorcounted plays any major role in EMA function. If yes how the below function differs from normal EMA plotting int li_4 = IndicatorCounted();if (li_4 < 0) return (-1);if (li_4 > 0) li_4--; int li_0 =...
funtion 1: for (int i = 0; i < bars-1; i++) { ind[i] = iMA(NULL, 0, 13, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i); } funtions 2: ind = iMA(NULL, 0, 13, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i);
I am aware of the fact that there are issues with trendlines when changing timeframes, but surely they should plot accurately on the timeframe that they are created? Not in my experience! Perhaps it is my code:...
I found this indicator online, and like it for support/resistance. However, it puts text fields in that I do not need. They get in the way and are obstructive. I attached an image that shows the fields that I would like eliminated from this indicator. I also attached the mq4 file which I found...
I was replying to this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138726/page2 then I had a question, please reply if you know the answer : what is the price of the next 15 bars, starting from close bar 7 if price climbing up at 45 degree ?. To answer this you must use trendline by angle object, and please after...
Hello, I try to make a difference between open position and pending order with mql4. Example : sell limit is similar to sell (OP_SELLLIMIT - OP_SELL). Is there a way to say when a pending order is open?? thank you
[Deleted]
  Stability issues (MT4)  (14   1 2)
My MQL auto-trading program is up and running, and it actually looks like it might make some money (I am still running in demo mode). No small thanks to the people here who helped me through the MQL4 learning curve. But my computer is crashing periodically. It's an XP Pro system that I bought...