MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1037

i have an indicator, voltychannel and there are 2 color lines displayed by this indicator, how do i change the orders to buy if the color of the line is blue and to sell if the color of the line is red, following is the screenshot of the chart window, if((iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_H1,...
[Deleted]
I got a chartshift in my tickchart window AND in my "new order" tickchart window. My friend does not. Why? How to disable this chartshift? Using MetaTrader 419
FOREX - Trends, forecasts and implications
  Edge effect on the way to the GRAAL  (131   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Gentlemen, good afternoon. I am working on a reverse MTS. Expert Advisor gives BUY and SELL signals and the system reverses trades depending on these signals. SELL appears at the maximum of the indicator, BUY at the minimum. This indicator is a proprietary one, based on on several sliders, which
[Deleted]
Hello i would be thankfull if you could share with me the installation (or the folder itself) of MT4 Build 402 or older
In my EA, there is current limit value for Buying or Selling operation ! I would like to draw 2 current limit lines by coding, instead of drawing manually ! So, which function should I study and use ?
hi folks, i am currently working on a paper for which i need historical fx data. oanda provides these data: http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/ i am trying to do some analysis via metatrader and i actually thought by downloading the MT4 from oanda, i could use the historical rates in...
I wonder if EA still works in each of the following computer 's modes: 1. Screen Saver mode 2. Sleep mode 3. Hibernate mode 4. Standby mode Please share your experience, if any.
  History Events  (1)
Hi Guys, do you know a source where it is possible to download history-event-data (Forex-Calendar) of some years? Thanks in advance! Luke!
[Deleted]
hi i have a simple ea and i would to add a thing for close order, this is fibonacci so i added the indicators and i would to close order if MAP (moving average with period 1) is near at least 8 pips to lower or high lines of fibonacci, so this is the initial part of intrested code //...other code
I'm trying to show on a chart, an arrow for each open trade. However, I want it to appear at the open of the bar it occurred, and not at the actual OrderOpenPrice. I have a script (attached) that puts an arrow and price box at the OrderOpenTime (great), but puts it at the OrderOpenPrice. I want it...
Dear all By visual, we can easily identify that price runs in trend form, the high and low of every wave, and the direction of a wave. However, does anybody know, how to let EA to do it? Does any one has an idea on it? Thanks for your kind help! Wing
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I'm a newbie (but have programmed before) so you will have to forgive me, I understand the concepts of the program types (EA, CI and Script) and their scope of operation (Every Tick, Every Tick, Attach to Symbol Window). Is there not a Program Type that can execute on say "Button Click" and...
Hi, I want to call another "indicator B" out of my "indicator A" Both are custom indicators. I don't want to get definite values, only that it shows this indicator. So I want to use no buffers from "indicator A". Perhaps it is possible through calling a script "show indicator B" out of my...
Dear all Does anybody know, when an order is created after last spread is issued by the broker, that last or next spread will be used by this order? Wing
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, does anyone know if there is a professional data feed I can use with MT4 instead of the usual broker feeds which are inherently inaccurate? Many Thanks Sensi
[Deleted]
  Question on neural network programming  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Good time everyone! I have a question about programming . I would like to know what data is fed to the inputs of a neural network to predict the closing price of a bar. If possible, give an example of code for calculations. Who, what formulas do they use for calculations? There are a couple of
Hi there, I understand that the command Sleep () does not work in MT4 script. Can I use the following to make the delay? int _time_waiting=0;   _time_waiting = TimeLocal() + 30; // the pause ends in 30 seconds after the current local timewhile ( TimeLocal() < _time_waiting ){}
[Deleted]
Hello I have a problem. I want to close all open orders at a time but takes longer than 5 minutes to close them. Usually more than 50 orders simultaneously. This is the code I'm using to close: OrdersTotal iOrdersTotal1 = int (); for (int i1 = iOrdersTotal1-1, i1> = 0, i1 -) { OrderSelect (i1,...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I am in the process of writing a script that gets user input from an external application. My understanding is that to do this I Have to send the external application's edit control a WM_GETTEXT message. I found the following lines in the WinUser32.mqh file: #import "user32.dll" //----...
[Deleted]
Dear All, I've found what they call it BSP indicator, but I didn't found it in MQ4 format till now. Kindly help me to implement that concept for MT4. The associated mathematical formula for BSP is as following: Buy Pressure = Buy Volume / (Buy Volume + Sell Volume) and Sell Pressure = Sell Volume /...
Dear all I found my Metaeditor stopped running in these days and I want to reinstall MT4 in my computer but I don't know how to keep the historical data. As you know, when you reinstall MT4, all daily data from the charts which was downloaded day by day before may not be resumed after you reinstall...
[Deleted]
Tools > History Centre > EURUSD > 1 Minute(M1) "Warning - you are going to download data from the MetaQuotes SOftware Corp. but your account is with Alpari"... Have historical data back to 17th April. Feb and March data is missing and data again the 13 Jan back? Tried to delete historical data in...
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like to trade with the Symbol GER30 (German DAX) and contracts. Question: What is one lot and how to convert it into contracts?
[Deleted]
Hi there! This is probably easy for you, but I don't see my mistake. So I would be glad if you could give me some relief! :) In short: I open a position: int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,10,Ask,5,Ask-10,Ask+10,"Long Order",1234,0,Green); i want to close this position: OrderClose(ticket,10,Bid...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to rename those displayed name of the account in MT4 like its shown on the attached screenshot? You often have a lot of accounts and if they are registered on your name you can distinguish only by the id numbers ... THX haemse
[Deleted]
Hi I'd like to show you a snippet which constantly gives me the 4002 error. Which means, if I comment this function out (obviously without the Print() function ;) ), the error disappears. What the code does: it calculates the average of the trueranges of the last 20 days. double truerange[20];double...
[Deleted]
I have a lot of pending orders working in a EA. My free margin is about to be exhaustedand the market is moving fast, I cannot figure out how to delete these pendingorders. Please, can someone help me. Note that time is of the essence. Thank you in advance, George
  am i missing something?  (12   1 2)
i created my 1st indicator, and it doesnt seem to work at all, i think i am missing something or dunno may be many things. can some one say me wat is wrong with this code? double ExtGreenBuffer[];int init()  {   IndicatorBuffers(1);   IndicatorDigits(5);   SetIndexDrawBegin(0,34);...
[Deleted]
Anybody know who is a good trusted coder here. pls recommend me one. Thanks