General - page 1794

Here is the backtesting result of an EA ready to be released for forward testing. The modelling quality shows 90%. Do you think this EA can match real time trades? Thanks.
  Market timing  (6)
Every point on the chart has two coordinates. Price and time (date ). Most of the traders and indicators focus on price. I have read some articles about traders who state that time is as important as the price. Gann , according to the articles ( we will not be discussing all the speculation around...
I have indicator what is making signals (alerts)but I want to know that is it possible to make ea out of it. That it would open trade if alert is maked. Is it difficult script??
Hello I want to let everybody to test this my typical 10p3 EA, i have modified to make it more agressive. Setting can be your choice. Please set BUY only for Dreamteam, and SELL only for Teamdream. And both should be running on EURUSD and USDCHF, it does not matter how crazy the market is, your...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "Winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2006" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/112/). On the 23rd of December 2006, the first annual Automated Trading Championship 2006 was over. 258 developers...
Hello: I would like to develop a system where an EA with DLL programming will login to a website via SOAP or some other protocol to retrieve trade signals in real-time. It will authenticate with an username/password combo and the EA will just buy/sell according to the signals. Obviously some of...
Hello: I was wondering if its at all possible on MT4 platform, to have the pop up box(after you click "New Order" to execute a new trade for a market order) to have a Stop Loss, Take Profit, and a Trailing Stop, parameter boxes, for both the SELL & BUY ?? You see, the set up you have now, is...
[Deleted]
  News EA  (10)
Is there an EA or is there a way someone could develop an ea or indicator to where you can set a buy and sell stop at a certain date and time, the amount of take profit, plus have it to where you can adjust the amount of your pips upon entry. Suppose 2 minutes till eur/usd was at 1.2929 you wanted...
Hi All ! I have loss an script or an EA and it's impossible to find on my side.. You can say me what is this script or EA please ? This code product an screen capture on each candle and put the .gif in folder "experts/files" This Code (EA or Script) create automatically an folder if i put this...
I know its around somewhere...but cannot seem to find it Any kind soul here can post the indicator that lets you plot the time you want to trade? Eg: Between GMT 0700 to GMT 1100, then this part of the chart is greyed out. Thanks LF
I customized Lesson16.pdf https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/161/lesson16.pdf to be more modular for the way I want to test different trading strategies. Unfortunately, I am not getting the same results as the unmodified lesson. Would you please take a look and advise me as to why mine behaves so...
Intermittently in the strategy tester (FXDD- MetaTrader Version: 4.00 Build 201, 10 Jan 2007), many closing arrows, apparently from an OrderClose() function call, do not appear superimposed on the "Open-High-Low-Close" Bar Chart. They are present, but shifted above the Bar Chart. I have seen a...
Hi, I have a EA (attached) which i want to add a take profit function to I have tried to add one myself but it either doesnt work or wont compile, i think it may be more complex than i think as i still want the other functions to work. can anyone assist with this? Regards console
  Martingale EAs?  (5)
I know this may be a swear word, but does anybody know where I can find some martingale EAs?
Hey guys, I've a small request if someone can help me to code this: Support and Resistance special indicator of Yesterday Daily Candle. My request on previous daily candle: If the close is above open, then draw horizontal line on the high of the day (resistance) and draw horizontal line on the open...
I am looking for a simple EA that will open a trade both ways with tp 15 and sl 100. When tp has been taken, it needs to open a new trade in opposite direction. Has anyone seen an ea like this?
In an EA, I am comparing prices to the three most recent peaks/valleys in price charts. I defined static variables because I want to maintain these values. Whenever I identify a new peak or valley, i need to adjust the three most recent variables. I tried to to add this new value to my three...
I have tried too many time, but never with success. After many tries i have finaly connected and logged to some server. But again many tries to get some price tick. Is it posible to use MT3 api or not? Did any one use it? Did MetaQuotes want this api to be used by some one or no? Without any...
Hello, any questions to the Strategy Tester: Is there any possibility to work with Ask price? Is there any possibility to change the default spread in Symbol -> Properties? Stan
Hi, I think Metatrader is really one of the best chart and analysistool around but the ordermask is poor compared to other "one-click-platforms". Therefore I want to know if anyone has an external ordertool for Metatrader. I need something where I can open more than one order window and just use one
GMT/ how to change times so i can have the market closing at 1200 GMT
I need to modify an order. I insert 3 target value, when the ask price (o bid price, i'ts depend il i'm long or short) reach one target i've to change the STOP LOSS of the position. With a program i'm not able because the program was executed only 1 time. I need an experts? Note that i enter the...
Is it possible to open new position by email???
When you use strategy tester do you use control points (which seem to give best results) every tick or open prices also I just opened an account with oanda. How do I use the ea with this broker? Thanks all There is a wealth of information on this site
  Arrows in EA?  (4)
IS it possible to insert Arrows & other Drawing shapes in EA I mean just EA`s not Indicators because SetIndexStyle() does not work in my EA`s please help me
[Deleted]
I am very proud to annouce, and I invite friends here in this forum to test and try my newly developed metatrader 4 facility software for training,manual trading,customizable signal and automated trading system. It is called pkTrader or pkTrader2. You can find them at www.wsforex.com or in the...
Updated MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 201 (10 Jan 2007): 1. Fixed drawing of Andrews' Pitchfork when anchoring points are close to each other. 2. Fixed the previous build error of exact search in the iBarShift function if the corresponding bar is not available. 3. Fixed hanging of the...
Hi I have see the following error in to DDE function The problem is: I have the international settings in my pc with "," as decimal separator and "." as thousand separator and all cells in excel as numeric format. In this mode some cells are correct and some cells is wrong If I change the...
Hello, Sirs Does any expert know how to close the current position when the price hits a moving average ? Thank you
  Metatrader 4 freezing up?  (15   1 2)
Anyone else has the problem of MT4 freezing up the PC and not responding until a reboot? Seems to happen about once per day to me and only when I have MT4 open and maximized. I have build 201 Anyone else experiencing this?