General - page 1800

hi can anyone help me how i generaly can switch MT4-experts from buy to sell or backwards?? look on this url to understand what i mean : http://www.iexpertadvisor.com/ib39.asp i often have seen very bad results of experts with strategietester but i think very good if we can reverse buy to sell and...
Does anyone have an EA based on the RoundPriceNE_PIPS indicator or can someone create one.
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, Great Forum ! If I have an EA which performs well on say the EUR/USD is there a way in the metatrader code using Symbol() that I can make it trade a different pair also say GBP/USD while the Expert is only attached to EUR/USD ? Eg: set the symbol to GBP/USD in the code ? Any help would
  Non dealing desk  (1)
there is great info on brokers in this forum http://nondealingdesk.com/ there is an interesting discussion on metatrader. here is a recap of one of the posts http://nondealingdesk.com/showthread.php?t=181 1. MT was designed for the dealing desk brokers. You can ask the company itself.2. Metaquotes...
Need help buy & sell but not buy when 1 lot is sold need help ordersTotal thank you extern double TakeProfit = 500; extern double Lots = 10; extern double TrailingStop =13; extern double StopLoss = 10; int start() { int cnt, ticket, total; // initial data checks // it is important to make sure that
  Sarema EA  (28   1 2 3)
Hi, I want to contribute to this forum by giving you my EA - it's based on the Muddbuddha strategy - http://www.muddbuddha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16 I've attached the mq4 file and the backtest results from the Alpari and the Metaquotes databanks (a good way to see how different results the system...
[Deleted]
Could soneone please explain the Demark arrow what it is for and how it relates to the fractals photo attached
To save having to re-invent the wheel, does anyone have an EA that is coded to: 1) Open two orders simultaneously and place a stop (15 pips) for both positions 2) Close one of the positions at +20 pips 3) Apply trailing stop of 20 pips to the second position as soon as 2) is executed. That would be...
My EA sends me an email.. My code looks like this.. Symbol() + " OP_SELL @ " + DoubleToStr(OrderOpenPrice(),4) +" New stop loss @ " + DoubleToStr(NormalizeDouble(SellStop,digit),4) +" Pip Allowance @ " + DoubleToStr(PipAll,0) + " MT4 Time: " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES) +...
Is it possible to create a slideshow of multiple forex charts? It would be greate if MetaTrader could automatically bring different chart windows to the front one at a time every a few seconds so that I am able to monitor many forex pairs without the need to keep clicking mouse. An alternative way...
  6 sma cross  (12   1 2)
Does anyone have a 6 sma cross indicator ?
  Cursor function?  (1)
I would like to know if it is possible to link the bar position of the crosshairs to a function. I am trying to write a function that will display the converted time of the bar in the upper right hand postion as I move the cursor to each bar. Thanks,
extern double TakeProfit = 500; extern double Lots = 10; extern double TrailingStop =13; extern double StopLoss = 10; int start() { int cnt, ticket, total; // initial data checks // it is important to make sure that the expert works with a normal // chart and the user did not make any mistakes
[Deleted]
this connects IB to metastock http://www.traderssoft.com/ can we do something like this for metatrader? at least for the charting? that would be great
Hi.. I have been working with an indicator and was able to create an EA that opens an order based on the indicator which says "Buy" or "Sell". I am not a programmer and was quite happy to see the EA place the order. I can not however figure out how to close the order.. The EA is set for 25pip...
We have written extensive code for Version 3.83 build 6231 but seem to be having problems with the system ignoring some of the conditions listed in our if then conditional statements. Seems to be hit and miss, performing function (modify, delete, setorder etc) without meeting all of the listed...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "Organizer's Note" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/108/). The first annual Automated Trading Championship 2006 comes to the end. Now we can give some preliminary results of the Championship. A great...
"MT4 trailing stop from menu, how does code know its on ???" If I cant get a response here, then where, I need help !!
hello everyone. I am new is forex trading. I found a great relationship currency price with harmonic numbers. I don't know mql programming. If any one can give me a harmonic indicator than it will be great finding for me. Thanks fxanalyzer
  feature request:  (1)
I would like to be able to see BOTH "profit in pips" and "profit as deposit currency" at the same time. In other word in seperate colums next to each other. Thank you fro impleneting this ASAP Gideon
Does anyone know if there is a such thing as a TRAILING EQUITY STOP FEATURE? For example if you are using an ea and the starting equity in your account is 10,000 You might want a (TRAILING EQUITY STOP OF 10%) therfore if you trade your account equity up to 11,000 then 10% of your equity would be 1...
Hello, This is vanessa system.I want to try it on EA.Can somebody help me code it.here is the system. Vanessa FX 4hr system ________________________________________ This is a basic system I use to identify medium term trade 1-5 days, it uses 4 hour charts and only GBP/USD I have tried it with...
  math functions  (2)
simple question but i can't figure it out. what math function in mql is used to round out a double value? say, for example, i've got 0.69 and i want the result to be .70. or if the value is .63 and the result would be .60. the mathceiling() and mathfloor() do not do the trick.
  Decema  (2)
What is Decema? I know it is a moving average but how is it calculated? What is the best way to use this indicator
I am not even close to a programmer, code to me is an unatainable foreign language! So I am asking for help from this forum. I would like to have an EA with the following: one hour chart 5 period sma set to the close 12 perio ema set to the close rmi with period set to 5 and shift set to 5 buy when...
It could only get the High[] price though iHighest ...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "Championship Winners’ Prize" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/105/). The first annual Automated Trading Championship 2006 is coming to its end. There are only two days left, which means there is plently...
[Deleted]
  EA_based Trailing Stop  (146   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
Anyone generous enough (and there are so many generous programmers on this Forum, for which I in particular, am very thankful for) to build me an EA that will take the function of a Trailing Stop based on an EMA, please? Example: If I run a 13-EMA shift 2 on the chart, the stop should be on that...
Hi, I need a little help with a trailing stop. I want to add a narrow trailing stop to an EA, but I need some help to code it, need to be automatic and adjust the TS just with the brokers limit. Example, on IBX, SL or TP you set must differ from market price by a least 5 pips on GBPUSD. and they
[Deleted]
Beta Version of MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal Has Been Published The MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal allows simultaneous trading on several client accounts on one trade server. The key features of MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal:- All operation types of order management - Reports for the operations performed -...