General - page 1661

I understand why posts get moved to a more relevant location, but every one of my posts here has been moved and when I follow the link, I'm in some other post. My last post was asking for debugging help with a specific program. How can I see if anyone has responded if my post goes away?!
I downloaded MT4 platform a few days back from MetaQuotes.net. Everything working perfectly except of GBPJPY this particular pair is not moving since the today there is no movement in this pair at the Market Watch as well as in the chart. Please try to resolve my problem
After i install my metatrader and reg a demo acc...the chart and the currency wont update,is not functioning...wat problem?
  Bollonger bands based EA  (26   1 2 3)
Hi there! Let me introduce the my EA based on Bollinger's bands (BB). The main idea is to buy when main BB is crossed by price bottom-up and vice-versa, - to sell when price crosses BB's main line top-down. We have here some stops and limiters: there are addition levels that should prevent us to...
Can anyone tell me where to find the pivot point options in MT4? Are pivot point settings automatically included in MT4 software or do I need to calculate my own PP's and just manually place the horizontal lines? Thanks
Hi folks! I was wondering if there's an expert advisor that can close a open position which I manually opened. The ea should close the position when stochastics crosses with. The parameters for stochastics should be %K=14 %D=3 Slowing=3 MA Method=Smoothed Price Field= Low/High. Anyone know of an
Dear Metaquotes, one of my clients has a very strange problem. He runs EA on Windows Server 2003. After some time it seems like the start() function of the EA is executed twice. This means he gets duplicate trades opened. The Experts and Journal tabs show only one call to the OrderSend() function,...
The bailout became law, and what else to worry about? While the market is still in fears, I think this is the best time to get in while these stocks are dirt cheap. Warren Buffet recently invested $5b in Goldman Sachs, and it seems a few other great investors are jumping in right now. After all, how...
Is he on crack? Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Former U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan wrote in an article for Emerging Markets newspaper that the U.S. housing market will recover in the first half of 2009. Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
I trade with thinkorswim. I'm worried if they could go bankrupt? what about tradestation. just take a look at the charts TRAD - TradeStation Group, Inc. - Google Finance SWIM - thinkorswim Group Inc. - Google Finance down real bad over the last year what do you guys think?
How can you encrypt MQL4 source code or use a DLL or callit from a whole defferent folder on your computer.
  How the broker pay  (14   1 2)
Dear friends: I want to know how many people win in the forex market. and how the broker pay the money. did they have the worry about "loosing money" regards
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Tony Manso (amelabs) has been published. It is not the first time Tony Manso participates in the Championship. Last yearhis Expert Advisor was not very successful. This year his programstaying on leading positions and shows...
On both of my computers each PC one with Vista and the other with XP --- when i turn them on, MetaTrader 4 starts loading crazy things like expert advisor, Exel, word docs associated with MT4, and the uninstall/install options from control panel asking if i want to unistall, then to top it off MT4
Hi, I am updating Uni DDE with my own price feed, while the rates are being properly updated in my grid, UniDDE update in intermittent some the price feed just freezes for a long period of times Any HELP would be much appreciated. thanks and regards Wasmh
  MT4 Multi  (2)
I have just downloaded this and it is requesting a username & password for the demo account What is this it, where is it to be found?
Hi all, I`ve installed the matatrader 4 and I`m using it for charting because my software in the office isn`t good enough .. I`m playing with stocks, but I want to add new symbols in this field, so is there any way to do it? If someone knows is there any way to do this I`d be happy to know...
Hi fellow traders and programmers, recently I have been evolving the idea of creating a Forex team.Finally, concrete plans have formed and I managed to fit this idea intomy schedule. What I am imagining is the following: We form a group of 4-5 people including both programmers and traders....
Hello. I would like to share with you with my live daily signals. I'm a technical trader and using rather basic indicators in my trading toolbox. I've tried "millions of strategies" in all time frames and now I'm feeling comfortable only trading on 1 day chart (Position Trading) or 4H chart (Swing...
Can't you see whats happening. Paulson is using our money to bail out his old firm. Someone needs to go to jail here.
MS is trading like word from the inside is leaking out that it won't be around for much longer. The price action looks deathly familiar. Anyone hearing anything worthy?
I am having trouble getting my EA to compile. Message in metaeditor is: "Could not launch compiler". Can anybody help me?
Hi - I am trying to get my head round metatrader. The home pages says this is a free of charge service. This is all good but who is the broker behind the scenes? Also, is there a way to trade equity CFDs as well Fx?  Thanks, jag 
Hi coders, Sorry for asking you for this favour, but I know nothing about coding etc. I will post here a system, which is very old and has been used successfully by many professional traders and fund managers. It has proved to be working in all market conditions during the years since the creation...
[Deleted]
Statistical Arbitrage is just a form of hedging its not to complex but at the same time it seems to have a lot of mystery around it. So here is a lil log ill keep to help anyone else that might be working with similar systems. I will do my best to update trades but trades typically take weeks to
  Symbols  (2)
How do i get the list of symbols from the symbol set into an array
Anyone watch The Gambler? There are great lessons in that movie for all to learn.
I opened this thread just to make people aware of how risky could be the Forex trade and how can give you “diamonds” or “nuts”. So people can be mentally prepared either to win or lose and realize how seriously this business should be taken, as I know many people that entered thinking of it just...
[Deleted]
Can anyone develop a trailing stop EA based on the BBands_Stop indie? It is similar in concept to PSAR but I find it much more effective. This would be a great tool for any system. Steve
  Mt4 Freezing  (3)
Hi all This is my first post. My MT4 keep freezing. I have installed it on with my live account on over six high spec Computers but still it freezes on all of them. Can anybody suggest anything?