Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 409

Hi there, I am working on an interface that will send information from MT5 to a Windows Event and would like to write a RegisterWindowsMessage from within MQL5. Has anybody done this or have some sample code with which this can be achieved? Thank you for any assistance and replies!
I can easily run up to 7 MT4 terminals in my 1Gb of RAM VPS. And as I'm thinking on switching to MT5 I'm worried about how many VPSs should I need to run 7 different strategies.
A newbie question ... I will try to code my manual system in an EA. It will work on 30 mins timeframe ... How many weeks/months I should do backtest for relatively reliable results ... And after optimization for the backtesting period, how many weeks/months I should do forward test for a relatively...
The Range bar indicators I have found (so far) makes use of an offline chart to display. How do I combine this with an EA? Attaching the EA to the offline chart? Sounds logical but I have my doubts. And I really like to have one year of data for backtesting
  mql5 exec binary  (2)
How to execute my binary file with mql5 ? something like exec("c:\my_file.exe"); or maybe somehow import a dll which will do this ? please advice the main reason why i need this, i want to create a full workspace screenshot and save it to folder, maybe there is a other method ? ChartScreenShot()
I'm working on EA. and want to start trading only after 3 bars from last closed order. in other word, once order closed, i want the trading to be halted for 3 bars. is it possible to do that?
Hi Everyone, I have a problem with my last trade. I'm running the same expert advisor on my 3 different accounts, with the same settings (only the lot size different). Yesterday my open short trades closed with profit at 136.692 on EUR/JPY on two other accounts (same broker). But on one account...
I'm just starting to explore MQL5, and I created a simple EA using the generator. I want each trade to have a trailing stop, so I included the Fixed Trailing Stop class. Now, when a new trade is made using the EA, no trailing stops are set, am I missing something? Also, as I'm so new, I'm confused
  WebRequest in EA  (4)
Hi, i want to use WebRequest in my EA than i m going to add this EA on mql5 market for selling. Can i do?
I have a ea which gives 80% of trades hits sl and only 20% of trades hits tgt. so if I reverse the trade ea, can I got 80% winning ea.anyone do it
Hello I have indicator file that send alert as short or buy signal. My question is how do I take that signal and trade with it.. I guess I can`t put Ordersend in indicator file so do I do? Thank you from advance
Hello, i am trying to work with files but i must be having an issue with either storage or access of the file i want to work with. Attached is a binary file, holding an array, and the expert code that i am using to read the array and print it out the location of the file on my local computer is:...
Hi all, How to let your signal get high rating?
If anyone want to trade on other account which is far away to him. which is better options for him 1.remote trade copier software or by getting signal subscription from master account
Hi, I have a interresant EA but I will debbug trade entries using ObjectCreate instead Ctrade. I will draw in graph all entries with ObjectCreate(chart_ID,name,OBJ_ARROW_SELL,sub_window,time,price)) Itried to do "OBJ_ARROW_SELL" or "OBJ_ARROW_BUY" but only draw one time.If I try to copy paste...
[Deleted]
Hi, What is wrong whit mt4 why WebRequest sometimes works and sometime dont work ? D espite placing the url in the appropriate box in the settings mt4 platform I am not able to properly execute a query to the page ? also checked mt4 version from the mql5.com - even on localhost dont work ??? Regards
.Try this: 1. Develop a multicurrency EA. 2. Make it runnable in MT4 and MT5 3. Add SQL. Struggled along so far. Now try to run some optimization runs with MT5 on the cloud. Get stopped even if I do not do any actual MySQL calls on optimisation runs MySQL no good running on cloud or remote.  DLL...
Hi, Can anyone let me know why my trades are being delayed in my subscriber's account. In other words, my trades get executed and then perhaps a minute later it will get executed on my subscribers account at a much different price. Is there a way to fix this?
Hi there, I am currently working on an EA that will allow me to do automated trading on Binary Options. It seems that there are limited brokers available with APIs or options for interfacing with their platform, so I would like to build a macro that I can trigger from MT5 to do this for me. Although
[Deleted]
Hi, When getting the properties TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT and TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_CONNECTION using the TerminalInfoInteger() function, the result is always false. I'm connected to the MQL community, my balance shows next to the Cloud under Agents. Can anyone help me with this? Or is there any other...
i would like to share some of my beta expert advisors. I would like them to be operable only for 1-3 months. I add such conditions to the beta versions:    datetime allow_date=D'2014.12.01 00:00';      if(allow_date>TimeCurrent()) {      //main functions   } Can i just safely post this version on my...
The code below is RSI indicator with SMA on it. I need a sentence something like this: if (SMA is above RSI) { do whatever } #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Red#property indicator_color2 Lime#property indicator_level1...
Hi, is there an (easy) way to use the z-score in the OnTester function? I need something like TesterStatistics(STAT_ZSCORE).
How many percent of max drawdown is good? We know the higher risk the higher profit. However, we should find out a point where is called acceptable. I think max drawdown 30% is acceptable. What is your opinon?
  Adding positions  (4)
In MT4 it is straightforward to use a technique with a trailing stop and add new trades when the previous trade(s) has passed break even. Each trade is processed separately by the broker. Each trade can be sent with all needed information in one go. No real complications. I have made some...
I know I can use history to test strategy, but I'd like to execute EA step by step on history data of a specific day, e.g. sep 26, 2014. How can I do this?
Is there an EA that after a trade by TP or SL was closed automatically a new trade (in the same direction as the closed trade) opens, either immediately or after a defined voher Pipabstand and variable lotmultiplyer? For example, a buy-trade is closed at 1.3470 (by TP or SL) and I want that the EA...
  can we add macd  (1)
I have a ea which place pending orders .can we add new buy sell conditions based on macd on my existing ea
I have been using both methods and find them quite similar in functionality. What are the pros and cons for using one or the other?
Why there is a need for two trade event handlers? I read the difference here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/event_fire#trade But I stilll can't fully comprehend the difference, since: 1) They overlap each other on handling same events, e.g.: Trade: sending, modifying or removing...