Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 408

I want to open file *.xtb in MetaEditor and compile there (no in Builder), but MetaEditor is able open that, but not compile! Opened *.xtb file looks like this: I worry that I have only one way how to do it, write strategy manually, is it true? Any advices?
Hello everybody,  i'm new here in this big world,  i start learning the mql4 programming in this days with Jim Dandy,  but i didn't understand the trailing stop function goal,  can someone help me to understand how's its work,  and thanks
Hi, I am considering unsig Metatrader for backesting spot with options assets on FX. I know that MT only allows spot. But I am thinking in devloping a module for options management and results. Any comment about this? or is it a crazy idea? Thanks
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon, Can someone please help me with the order below ? This is the structure of my order. The script has no problem to run but when market reaches the price, the order is not triggered. It is not clear to me if mrequest.stoplimit=1.25165 (above price) is correct or the number must be...
Ok, I had this working earlier and made some changes and now it is not working so it is driving me crazy. I am trying to collect some data in a csv file every time my EA takes a trade so inside the same if statement the command to take the trade At the beginning of the Start() I have: int...
hey guys ive got an issue i hope you guys can help me with. Excell spreadsheets seem to distract me from trading too much and knowing when to move my lot size as my balance grow is also another hard thing for me.. I would like to focus just on my trading and have some sort of EA automatically
  Open 2 order  (1)
Good day. My EA opens 2 order. First order close at the same time when she open. Second order open together with first order but close after 5 minutes. I would like disposed of first order, but I don´t know how to do it. This is my ea...
this is probably been discussed before but.. Take profit orders don't seem to be excuted when using demo account. This is when trading manually on a chart not using EAs. im using metatrader 4.. any advice please? thanks
for example: here is a dll named tclient.dll, which include a function below: typedef TCLIENT_API void(*call_back)(Tick* p);TCLIENT_API int sub_tick(CTX ctx, const char* insId, call_back f);   How should I declare and call it in mql5?#import "tclient.dll"//how to declare function sub_tick? #import...
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon ! Can someone please give a clue of the problem I am facing open the CSV file outside the regular MQL5 structure ? filename returns C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\youbotg9.csv fileHandle returns -1 Thank you very much string...
Hi, I am looking for a code to automate instant execution bidrequest for long and short positions. The input trigger is the position of the 5minute chart CCI (20). With the crossing at -30 and standard deviation of -50for short and +30 for long positions and a standard deviation of +50. Also, to...
I'm getting different results with the following code: int OnInit () { //--- indicator buffers mapping Print (( datetime ) SeriesInfoInteger ( "NZDUSD" , PERIOD_H3 , SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE )); Print (( datetime ) SeriesInfoInteger ( "NZDUSD" , PERIOD_H3 , SERIES_TERMINAL_FIRSTDATE )); Print
Wrong swap calculation in MT5 build 1010 (31 okt. 2014) tester: Deal pair NZDUSD- 2012.02.08 buy 0.01 NZDUSD - 2012.02.15 sell 0.01 NZDUSD- and swap 19.20$ (for lot 0.01 and 8 day) !!!
when trusted execution token (TET) will enable? expacted date?
Hi, Timeframe 1, inside the OnTick, I run a function & check it passed there by a comment on the chart : Fnc();Comment("Last checked: "+TimeToString(TimeLocal())+); Unfortunately nor the comment is updated, nor the function seems to be executed. I have to remove expert from the chart & add it again...
Can I store the declaration of a class into a .mqh file in include directory and store the implementation of the class into a .ex4 file in library directory? I tried, but in the main file using  this class, all the member functions are compiled with errror "functon must have a body". Then I...
To create a button on the chart that instantly cleans unwanted objects,! BUT EVEN DISAPPEAR ON THE BUTTON I used a button, TEST, MQL5 Downloaded from the site, But when I press it, the button disappears also. Look
FAQ: How to Start, Recall, a script, a line of an expert Expert, "WHAT IS NOT NEVER WILL I FIND THE MANUAL MQL5" I decided to create a section with quick questions and quick answers.
  Active Chart.  (2)
Hello Mql. Is there a way of knowing if the current chart is the one on top/selected/active?(for indicator) (duh) Let me rephrase that , can i check if the chart -the indicator is attached to -is active/ontop ?(MQL4)
asked but it is possible to write with the education FileWrite () and read FileOpen () on a single shared file two separate expert from 2 different accounts? Thanks franco
  Expert advisor  (4)
Hello everyone , please I need a help (EA programmers only ) ,  I am new to EA development  why Bid price is not changing programmatically with this code : int init(){int i=0;for(i=0;i<3;i++){start(); }return true;}int start(){Alert(Bid);Sleep(2000);return 1;} // result :  ...
Hi All, I am struggling with writing a code to detect orders closing with SL. I know that in MQL4 we can compare OrderClosePrice() against the OrderStopLoss(), but don't know what to use in MQL5. I am new to it. Thanks for help
hi there I have 6 indicators and i want to build an EA from them its like that ;- 1- open buy position when the all indicators become blue 2- open sell position when the all indicators become red 3- close buy position when one indicator or more becomes blank or red 4- close sell position...
  MathSrand()  (7)
An elementary question from a newbie ... I could not understand the explanation of the reference about the usage of MathSrand(): "The MathRand() function is used for generating a sequence of pseudorandom numbers. Call of MathSrand() with a certain initializing number allows to always produces the...
Hello! I have downloaded about 10 EAs from this webiste (all DEMOs) to find the one that suits me best! Now, after few downloads I can't install any more EAs, I tried deleting them from the folder manually but that doesn't help. Every time I click DOWNLOAD and then "Yes I have MT4", MT4 opens......
Does anyone know which broker provides instant execution in mt4 platform? The slippage annoys me a lot. Thank you very much for your reply.
Looking for day traders to trade big size accounts Equitie BP starts from 50k to few m's with perspective to grow. Profit target 2-4 % per month. For short period of time traders will have to use a demo platform before they will get a real account. Steady day traders only. For more info contact...
Hi, I'd like a function to be executed on the ontick event but the ontick of a lower timeframe ? Anyway to do that ?
hi how to create *.set file for index chart?
Hi guys, I'm new here and I don't know a lot of forex and/or mql4 what I know is that a lot of good EAs soon or later they blow out the account. It didn't hapenned to me YET on a real but happened few times with demo accounts. Since most part of those EAs are martingale/grids I'd like to create...