Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 201

Hi, is it possible to have OnTradeTransaction() in Service? I have a service that buys and sells (with TP and SP, and I don't need to attached it to a chart ), but I am not able to check how the position was closed. It should have the same behaviour OnTradeTransaction() has in EAs (even if it is
In the documentation, it's said that MT5 caches optimization results for each testing parameters such as period in order to not repeat them. https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/strategy_optimization What if my "to date" is today's date? Is it still cached and not retested
Hi, I need help to open order buy/sell every 10 seconds based on the difference between current price and price from 10 seconds back. Thanks
  Migration failed  (10)
Hey, I have a bunch of EA´s running on my 8 MQL VPS´s and one of them stopped working. I´ve tried migrating it again and I keep getting an error message that sais " migration failure, check the platform log". That has been going on since Saturday night and there is no way around it. I´ve tried
Hi All, I've been going round in circles all day trying to figure this one out, so it is time to consult the blessed Forum masters. I have a break even function that is called when a position is open, but it's not functioning correctly. Here is the function code, all variables used are globals (bad
void OnTick (){ //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Lógica para realização parcial e breakeven compra 1| //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ if ( PositionsTotal () == 1 && PositionGetInteger (
Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to MQL5 as a language having mainly been coding with python and associated languages in my day to day work but I'm trying to learn MQL5. I've been following a lot of the tutorials etc to get a general grasp on the language but I'm strugging with modifying the stop's on a
hi everyone i trying to find if a order closed with the hitting the TP in mql5 i see the DEAL_REASON_TP but i can not how i can use it ? I'm more looking an example for using it thanks
Hello Community, I have written an Expert Advisor on my home PC. I would like to have the inputs set by the strategy tester. For my VPS I created the project again in the MetaEditor, inserted the code there and compiled it. I use the same ".set" file for the Strategy Tester on my home PC and my VPS
I am not sure, if push notification requires the intermediate server (for example, with static IP address) to receive the message from our computer and to resend the message to our phone. My question is if this push notification can be slow down just like a website can slow down due to high incoming
Hello , After the windows update, I can no longer start the Geasy Rider on MT 4 and MT 5 on my computer. I no longer have a free license for a new installation. What can I do? Sincerely yours
I upgraded the window from PC. suddenly, it says again again that it can't upload the ea that I used after purchasing it. there was nothing download left. but, other ea can load. What's wrong? Check , please
[Deleted]
Hello Ladies and Gents, Was wondering if anyone can assist with something very simple, but I am unable to actually make it work, found multiple lines of code to do what I need but none worked as my MQL skills = 0. Would appreciate if someone could help me insert a code allowing to change Lot...
  Money management  (1)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| MoneyManagement.mqh | //| Andrew Young | //| http://www.expertadvisorbook.com |
Hello all I want to create an array from 9 values and then measure mean of the array. I used the Operator 'for' but I do not know how to extract values from it. want to do is to extract these trmax values from the loop and use it out of the loop. Any idea how to do so? Here is my code: for ( int i=
Hi guys, just a quick question: do I really have to call SymbolInfoTick every time before I use last_tick in the code to get updated quotes? Or is it sufficient to call it only once in the code and then just use last_tick without calling it again? Do I have to call SymbolInfoTick again in every
  Alert message  (2)
Hello I was wondering how I could get a string value for the symbol the indicator is loaded on and how to incorporate that into a message. if(!SendNotification("Buy Crossover Happened." ? "Potential Opportunity to trade coming up. Slope = "+maslope))
I got a sample from official website, the sample is pretty good. but every parameter of C# method is simple type, it is not a struct or class. so some methods have many parameters, it looks not good. i am trying to pass a class object as a parameter to a C# method, but still do not know how to do it
I am attempting to setup a always-on MetaTrader Client that can interact with my VPN. For this I need the ability to do the following with a script: Turn on the Client, Login to the Client, Configure the Expert advisors PUSH/PULL and REQ/RES sockets Any help? All I found was manual setup
Hi, Does anyone have any experience running EAs on the same MT5 platform but using multiple accounts? I saw in the options menu that you can disable expert advisors when switching the accounts... so if that option is there it means that you can set it up to allow EAs to trade
Hello everyone. I know this may sound a bit silly, but I have a very important (to me) question. If I buy an EA from MQL5 market , it is mine forever?I mean, even if the seller stops updates/stop selling the EA? Buying the EA I have it for "all lifetime"? Thanks a lot guys!
I trade US Futures Contract S&P mini and Nasdaq mini with AMPFutures broker. In backtesting I have not been able to retrieve MarketBook data (Depth of Market), so I am trying to see if that can be reconstructed by getting data using CopyTicks, but I doubt it is same. I tried to total Volume from...
Hello there! I'm trying to get ticks for some calc with CopyTicksRange function in EA (please,see code below). It works fine in real account, give the proper results. But when backtesting, it doesn't work. I'm currently working in Brazilian market with asset WING19. As I could understand so far, the...
Hi all, I'm trying to code a sample advisor based on Fractals but it's currently opening a single position, thus not closing (it should by opposite). I've coded this way: if (Spread<=MaxSpread){ if ( FRACTALS[ 1 ]< iLow (SName,WTimeframe, 1 ) &&BuyOrders< 1 ){ if
Hi ! Here's the error message I get using and indicator on a EA. It worked perfectly, then show that. Unfortunately, I restarted the terminal so I can't copy past the exact log. Anyone has experienced such an error ? PS : it worked 'til now.
After a issue with a privious broker i had to change to another broker. Now i moved the signal there and he is not copying the trades. Im wondering bas well because i change server and account and nowhere was asked for the password. So what do i wrong that the trades will be copied. Is there a
Hi I know that usually when you buy an EA you can run it on several accounts. Is there a difference when I rent an EA. May run a rented EA on more accounts
@William Nascimento @nicholish en @kei yakushiji @David Diez @Ahmed Ahmed @AHMED KHALIFA AHMED ABULFATEH ALI ABULFATEH Hi Programmers, am new in mql5 language and i was trying to make an EA that would calculate TotalProfits in History either Buy || sell Trades, even both ..... But ended up failing
//PSEUDO CODE Signals : at least 3 signals to monitor (could add up some later) confirmation signals: 2 signals // I created boolean functions to identify these signals // with ENUM_TIMEFRAMES and CandlePosition as input parameters TimeFrames : HigherTimeframe, MiddleTimeFrame, SmallestTimeFrame
Good morning you all, I wrote an Expert Advisor that opens order when all the condition I put meets. Analyzing that, I noticed a problem. When the condition meets it opens order, but if the order do not open because the free margin of my account it's too low (the reason of that is because I have