Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 400

Hello, All trading system developers and researchers understand that when doing a backtest it is very important to factor in amounts for "slippage", "broker spreads" and "broker commissions", and if a backtest does not allow for these things then the backtest results will be invalid and will not...
Hello MetaQuotes, I have executed two of your example EAs ("MACD Example" and "Moving average") in the strategy tester on GBPUSD just to find out that there is no commission charged on the deals: I didn't find any info on the forum or in the MQL5 Reference regarding such behaviour. I...
Hi,  I've modified the sample MACD script and now is is so, so slow under backtesting but I don't understand why! Could you someone tell what I'm doing wrong please (I'm a newbie to MT4): //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
When I open a new MQL Wizard file and choose "Expert Advisor (template)" it will only allow me to choose from two of the event handlers? It will only let me use "On Timer" and "OnChartEvent", but I want to use "On Trade"... Can anyone help?
  Volume return strange values  (11   1 2)
Hi I'm using metatrader 5 from Alpari, and I have next issue: When I'm trying to get volume it always returning strange values. I'm doing it like: long v[]; ArrayResize (v, 1000 ); ArraySetAsSeries (v, true ); CopyRealVolume ("EURUSD", PERIOD_M1 , 1 , 1000 , v); Print (v[ 0 ]+ "--" +v[ 300 ]+ "--"
Hi Im new to mql4 and Im still in learning state.. Im trying to code my multipair EA with trailing stop. Problem is that this code wont add the trailing stop to opened trades.. What am I missing here ? Here is what I got: void trail(){for(int j=0; j<ArraySize(iPairs); j++)&nbsp;&nbsp; { for...
Hello all, i try to find some multi order utility, who can in one time place 5 or 10 sell or 5 or 10 buy orders&nbsp;asking a certain interval ???
Hello everyone, I am new user. I have a doubt, and if someone could help me I would be very grateful. I want to recognize (intraday chart) certain bar of THIS day Is it possible to create a function that recognize hour of bar? I bought the book of Andrew Young, and he creates the class Price, and...
  Remove of EA  (2)
when i start my MT5 new, all active EA are not working   the settings is the same as in MT4 cancel if: - acount is changing - profile is changing   is there an platform error?   amando
Have just joined. I know it's something that I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it going. Have opened an account and made a deposit into MQL5.community. In MQL4 I chose a Signal, clicked Copy Trades, a small window appeared. Then clicked Start Copying in Metatrader. Another small window...
Hello, bit of stuck with this. I have downloaded this expert advisor. It has an iBands function, now I want to get values from Bollinger Bands indicator of (let's say) last complete candle. Below is the complete code (it is without edits of original code), I have just added this line for...
//---- input parameters extern double Lots=0.1; extern double Pips=10; extern double TP=10; extern double SL=10; extern bool Buy=true; extern bool Sell=true; extern datetime _Date=D'2006.08.01 15:30'; //extern datetime expiration=D'2006.08.02 03:25'; int...
Hi, Optimization process. Many settings are tested. Some of these settings can be exclude during the OnInit (return(INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT);). One of my function calculates some value from these parameter set, it correlates it with the price. Since it's using the symbol price I can't check from...
Does any one know of any MT4 expert advisor that can place order within a certain range? Here's an example: Let's say when I drop the EA on to the chart it will open up a pop up dialog asking for me to enter in the lowest price and the highest price, each order should be separated by how many pips...
Hi all, I like EA Pure_Martingale but have entry random. Can we change that, to have entry one-by-one (like: buy-sell-buy-sell-etc)? Should be something like: a new entry to depends of previous one or if we have BUY order, next should be SELL and so on.... Can somebody help me? Thank you...
  Trailing Stop  (2)
Hi. May I ask what could be wrong or cause of error when trailing stops ( multi symbol EA ) only works on demo tester and NOT working on live accounts? I feel lost somehow... Thanks.
Hi, am stuck and really need answer to what to do IF order close/delete repeatedly fails. Using retry loop + sleep + refresh rates. What can a 100% unattended EA do??? SendMail,SendNotification may not get to me - are many reasons for this... Many published scripts,EAs,articles,libraries...
Hi all! We made with friend EA breakout strategy but EA only work in strategy tester, on live trading (demo) not Can someone please look at code and correct it. Thanks to all Here is code: ---------------------------------------- // static defines#define MAGICMA 87265234#define SLIPPAGE...
Dear programmers, I want to remove a trade before it comes to execution, following it at a trade_transaction level and somewhen sending a request for annihilating it. Imagine I want to send a request and I can wait for it to be filled. I set a threshold of 200 milliseconds. I start counting.... If
I was following "Itc" (author Shaheen Hassanali), this signal had been doing well for some time, however lastnight, it kept opening poor positions. I had it on a live account, and it ended up making quite substantial losses. I woke up this morning, to find the signal has just disappeared. The author...
Hi, Does anyone know this error and knows the solution? Regards, Martijn
Hi, I'm looking for a way to fix the price of my stoploss using a lossprofit (x% of account currency) : double StopAtEquity = RelativeSL * Equity / 100; &lt;---- x% of equity tolerated as a loss for each tradesfor (x=1;x<10000;x=x+1) { &lt;---- using this loops doesn't seems to work (too large...
Does anyone know how to write an Expert advisor MT4 RSI ? I want the EA to automatically place a buy order of 0.01 lot when the RSI hit 20, then take profit if price move up more than 5 pips. I also want the EA to automatically place a sell order of 0.01 lot when the RSI hit 70, then take profit...
I subscribed a Mt5 signal provider here, they have 100% win rate. Just after 2 days of running it, it already give me a negative result with six losing trade! It is a paid signal. Why and what should I do now
Good morning every one, Im sory for my question, it was already posted but i do not understand even more. I just want to open a simple BUY or SELL on an EA, it works great but some times i've got this message : 2015.01.21 23:09:51.127 Trades '676751': failed market sell 0.10 GBPNZD [No...
[Deleted]
  EA's ability  (1)
Hello everybody, i m curious to make EA that can be able to implement my trading rules Is it possible EA can work with these rule: 1. work on 3 Different timeframe on one pair, and applied on multi pairs 2. Can set maximum open order 3. Automaticly not trading on 50 minutes before high impact...
I recently purchased a Point Zero Trading EA (Trade Manager Pro) from the Market and installed it on one computer. I have 4 activations remaining. I went to install it on another computer but it doesn't say DOWNLOAD, only BUY. What steps can I take to resolve this?&nbsp;
Hi everyone! I need to know in what price a market order was executed. Do I need to get the history values of a Deal, or is there an easier way? Regards, Roberto
Hi, I'm doing an optimization and it appears that it's kinda *stuck*. I'd like to reboot the box and resume it, but I'm not sure & I don't want to lose what has already be done. Actually it's a 1 year optimization, using the cloud & 2 core of 6MB RAM. From your experience, how much could it take...
  trade copier  (1)
hi I need a trade copier of 1: 1 copied without time delay. I will let MT4 demo copy on real and that if possible the very same course in real appears as on the demo. for example: demo EUR / USD 1.15000 and 1.15010 closed on! The exact copy on real account without price diffenrenz. Therefore,...