Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 341

Try Catch is a pretty standard feature of programming languages. I don't need to justify why it is important or useful, I'm just making the note here for anyone searching for documentation on "mql try" that it doesn't exist
Hi Im freaking out to check if Magicnumber XXXXXX[1-9] exist. How can i search in heding mode for magicnumbers of actual symbol. (I remember the way it is codet in MT4 but i can not find out how to fine it in MT5) ist there something like: //Loop with cnt=++ if (Search Positions (Magicnumber =
Hello everyone, I've been trading for close to 2 years already and have a some knowledge in development. I have been flipping between automated and manual trading and love to code EAs.... HOWEVER... every single one I have coded so far always gets me when a trend changes and most times I have to...
DLL to Communicate with two or more terminals  I need read or get Account Balance for terminal one in terminal two AND terminal two in terminal one this DLL.cpp  #include "stdafx.h" #pragma data_seg(".ESC_SHARED") double first (double one) {return one;} double second (double two) {return two;}...
Hi Guys, I have been trading on OANDA for years but am new to Autotrading platforms. I want to write an EA that will do the following but I have no idea where to start: After 5consecutivepositive ticks (5 green 1-second candles), It should enter a long trade with the maximum units available (based...
Hi guys   So i want to pass a 2Dimensional array as a parameter.   The ArrayPut function should insert an element at the end of an existing array, in this case the parameter is again an array. So it should access a dst_array at a particular index and put the info array in there.   The ArrayShift...
  need help  (2)
i need script or code to reorder my last closed trade automatic
Hello Developers, I want you to help me develop very simple EA an EA which close any BUY ORDER if it above TP and Close any SELL ORDER if it below TP. I want this EA to continuously monitor the trades on the chart on which it will be attached. There will multiple trades with same TP and TP will keep...
hi, am using mt4, and have tried a few scripts and expert  indicators that close all open trades but none of them work. Am I missing something? Thanks Paul
Hi! I wish know if exist very easy and free software to make strategy for mt4 or mt5 or for FXCM trading station. I can't script in mql code... Thanks!
what are the libraries and functions to return this thanks
Hi All  Apologies if this has been answered before, but I can't find a suitable answer. How do I close an open position when certain criteria are met? For example: if(fast moving average crosses over and above slow moving average) Open long position if(fast moving average crosses over and below slow...
hello,   i would like a script sample code to loop trough all symbols to lookup for number of daily trades.    thnks. 
Hi, I don't know what is the command that "exits" the function/procedure/event without execute the rest for example my code below... tks   void OnTick(){   bool RoboON = false;    if (checkTimeLimits(StartHour1,StartMinute1,EndHour1,EndMinute1,TimeCurrent()))    RoboON = true;    if...
Are any of you familiar with a script that start an EA at set time and stops it at set time....suggestions..
Hi, I need a function  (close_all_orders)   that close all opened positions by the EA. The idea is to close all opened positions by EA after the end of day  void OnTick() { if(Hour()==16 && Min()==55)  close_all_opened(); else ExtExpert.OnTick();  } 
Hi All, How can know from EA that it's already running in the terminal? The solution I'm thinking of is to set global variable onInit EA_ACTIVE and remove it on deInit, when you try to run another copy of EA it will check that EA_ACTIVE exists and return onInit_fail. The problem here that the user...
In my brokerage for mt5 , I have costs for operations,  where I can calculate using "cost per contract (= sell+buy or buy+sell) " or "per order (=sell or buy) " Cost per contract = 1.0 // 0 = use "cost per order" Cost per order = 0.5    //  0 = use "cost per contract" How can I use the costs to make...
Hi, need a sample EA with two move averages I request this, because I create a EA that have other components and move averages, the components are displayed in backtest and while in a windows (running the EA), but the Move averages aren't display in a windows (running the EA), only display in back...
Hello, can some one tell me if this a Broker or EA fault? The price was never down there Thanks.
Good evening,   I'm sure this questions has been debated before, but the search turned up nothing. (Btw, is there a  function to search only a sub-area of the forum??) What is your experience with better execution (or lack thereof) when using a low latency server rather than any standard offering of...
[Deleted]
as above, how to coding scalping strategy MT5 ? 
While using an EA for US Futures markets, do we set profit and loss in pips or points? For example the ES moves in increments of 0.25 and bonds move in increments of 1/32. Did not see fraction in MT5 either. Thank you. 
Is it possible in mql5 to program a strategy for SP500 to only take a trade if Bonds are in an a uptrend? Can an expert advisor refer to another instrument than the one traded? (Could be Bonds, #tick,  other indices?) Best regards //P  
Dear Users, I am trying to apply a Custom template using EA in MT4 platform but it is not getting applied on chart.  I tried with following options; ChartApplyTemplate(0,"\\Custom.tpl"); ChartApplyTemplate(0,"Custom.tpl"); ChartApplyTemplate(0,"C...
Hello, I have one question but first I will describe the situation. I have 7 MT4 accounts that are installed on the desktop VPS (SocialVPS). Then I got all 7 accounts registered in mql5 Virtual Server. Now the question: MT4 should be running, or can be switched off to EA (Basket Trading Exper...
All the indicators return an int value, called handle. Do they mean pointers?
Hi to all My main problem is ==> i don't have the color of last dot in magic dot indicator with (iCustom function)!! double s = iCustom(Symbol(),0, "Magic dots 2 mtf alerts", 0 ,MODE_EMA ,6 , 0 , PRICE_CLOSE , false,false,true,false,false,false); I Commented (s) and the out puts doesn't mach with...