Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 167

What are the best practices and how-tos in porting C++ code into MQL5, with minimal changes? Are there ready made preprocessors that I can use? Also, I do not see a way to bind sockets in MQL5, is it not possible
I was trying to register a VPS account through NT4 terminal and get attached error message, that no server was found. I was logged in successfully into my MQL5 community account. I an very thankful if someone can guide me how to solve this issue. Thank you very much
I have a mql5  EA which sends market orders with the command OrderSend(request,result) The MqlTradeRequest request object has the following attributes: request.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL; (market execution) request.deviation=0; (I prefer not executing the trade rather than executing it with any...
Although I like to follow trades while developing my EA's. so checking indicators etc... Do I need to migrate the indicators on my own charts to the mql5 VPS, or just the charts plus the EA's? thanks
I am not sure where is the best place to suggest for the improvement to the platform. Here is the suggestion: When adding a service, at the moment it opens a dialog that allow inputting the parameters, but there is nothing to input the name of the service instance. The renaming needs to be done
I build a EA with FFCAL indicator for news filter It not read any highlight data in backtest. Is it normal. News filter cannot work in backtest
Dear all, I would like to test my EA using the Tester with intraday bars. Consequently, I need to start processing with an intraday bar. However, the Tester does not allow me to declare an intraday start bar: there is only the possibility of inserting a date without the time. Is there a solution for
I recently got an ea pipbolt.io on the stochastic osc settings, I changed the parameters and I set my tp at 250points not even up to one 1pip, but still I'm still making loss and my capital is going down. Please anyone to help me
What does a coder being loaded mean
Hi there community
I have two positions and I do not understand why my code modify both stop loss to the same level for ( int i = PositionsTotal () - 1 ; i >= 0 ; i--) { if (position.SelectByIndex(i) && position. Symbol () == _Symbol && position.Magic() == MagicNum) { if
MQL5 Team I have been exploring the Services in MT5 platform and I found that there is no graceful way to stop a service and stopping it causes 'Abnormal termination' error. Can you please add OnDeinit(reason) to Services so that we can do cleanups and exit the loop of OnStart() gracefully please
Since support only handles financial question, I'm asking here: Why is Reaper removed from MT4 market? As a developer this is very frustrating as the product is doing very well, and customers expect support through the website
Is there a list of developers somewhere
Hi there, I currently work on getting CalendarEvents and CalendarValues becasue I want to make a bot which avoids huge events such as CES and FOMC. And checked the page of CalendarValueHistroy and coded below: string US_code= "US" ; MqlCalendarValue values[]; datetime date_from=
If I hire a coder do they make their identity known to me
Hi Guys, I want to use a "score" called "MFSCore" in my EA that depends on the success of the last trades. My Problem is simple but annoying. The Code doesn't work at all. Am doing somethin obviously wrong? int MarkFisherScore ( ulong LastMainTradeTicketNr, char SetOrGet) //0 = Set new Mark Fisher
I'm looking for a robot that can interact with telegram FX signals that i receive. Is this even possible
Incomprehensible !!! I make an EA, compile it and it works perfectly. I take the ".ex5" file to another computer and it doesn't work. But if I put the source file on that computer and compile it, it works. I can't quite understand why this can happen. Somebody could help me? Thanks a lot
hii...while using ea how to squareoff all open position when markets is against your order
Hey guys, I'm busting my head a couple of days on this issue, And I couldn't find the answer wherever I looked, So I would really appreciate any input you have. Basically I try to replicate to functionality of mql4's iMAOnArray in mql5 I have tried using both MetaQuotes' built-in function of
Hi, Was wondering if anyone knows of an EA out there (or if it would be possible to build an EA) that could automatically apply a stop loss of a fixed percent of equity to signals if they don't feature a stop loss. Thanks
Hi Guys, Hoping someone can point out where I'm going wrong. I'm trying to get the current tick value of some indicators (PAR in the example below). I assume it's doable since I can see the chart indicator moving in response to the tick changes on the live chart. I can get the closing indicator
In the following thread, there Original Post asked what the timezone is for MetaQuotes historical data. The answer was: " GMT+1 with daylight time savings (ie summer time is GMT+2) Time is automatical corrected after download" https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/103514 Then in this following thread, the
Can someone let me know if they can create an expert advisor that has the potential to reach 10% per month with only a 5% Max daily drawdown and 10% overall drawdown (10% total drawdown for the month and 5% max on a single day) Thank you
Hi all, I am using the OrderModify function within CTrade which works fine unless I try to set either the SL or TP as the same value as already exists. If both are different then it processes the change correctly, but if either is the same then I get a "Invalid stops" error. Reading the
I was using MqlTradeRequest and OrderSend() to open my positions. But now I am thinking of updating my code and to use CTrade and PositionOpen() instead. But I have a couple of doubts about it. (Deviation, MagicNumber and How to handle errors). In the following code: Is it properly structured
Hi , I bought an EA on the market. This one didn't work at all ( zero trade ) . this EA was deleted from the market 2 days after publishing it . The name was " Removed " . I can see my purshase pending for 6 another day . After that the seller will have my money. Any refund in this case ? MQL5
Hey everyone, I've been searching high and low for a broker that will let me execute my strategy with automated trading and I keep running into the same issues. I was hoping to save myself some time by explaining a little of what I'm trying to do and the issue I'm encountering, and hopefully someone
I have the following datetime variable: datetime candleTime1 = iTime ( _Symbol ,timeframes[i],j); and would want to get the hour integer for the candle in a way similar to what is done with MqlDateTime like this: MqlDateTime rightNow; TimeCurrent (rightNow); Print ( "Hour ="