Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 334

In my indicator I'm using ArraySetAsSeries(Buffer,true); for series access. If I access the buffer from my EA with iCustom how can I access the series order correctly?‌ Thanks.‌
In indicators  close[] is provided by OnCalculate() function. ‌Can I get close[] array from my EA?‌ Thanks.‌
How could I initialize a static member of a inner class? I could not get information about that in the documentation nor in the forum. ‌ class Outter { static bool logical; public: class Inner { int integer; static float real; };...
I am currently subscribed to the signal <Removed> which is supposed to be incredibly accurate (99%) on a floating spread account through avatrade.  Yet I have seen multiple small losses develop which don't show up on his track record.  Previously I had the same issue with other signals.  These...
  EA coding fraud  (31   1 2 3 4)
I opened a job in the freelance section and the developer sent me a mq4 file for testing and when I opened the file in Metatrader editor I discovered this EA was developed in 2012 and has another developers details. This happened because I asked the developer to give me a short description of all
A part of the symbol specification from the MT5 help: Type of orders — types of orders placed: Good till today including SL/TP — orders that are valid only during one trading day. With the end of the day, all of the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, as well as pending orders are deleted;Good till...
Hi forum, ich have an EA which is writing a special CSV file for further analysis. If I optimize the EA the local agents can write in the same file. But Id like to use all the remote agents on my several computers. Im not sure, but is there a possibility to access these files or can remote agents...
double Spread = MarketInfo(NULL,MODE_SPREAD) / 100000; double COpen = iOpen(NULL,240,0); double P2Low = iLow(NULL,240,2); double BuySL = P2Low - 0.0001; double BuySLDist = COpen + Spread - BuySL; double BuyTP = COpen + Spread + BuySLDist * 6; Above snippet works fine in backtest, but first trade on...
Hello, I want to find at what hour the market closes on Friday.   I'm trying with the following script but it returns 0. However the market closes at 22:00. How can fix the script in order to make it showing 22?    datetime openTime;    datetime closeTime;    bool isOk=SymbolInfoSessionTrade(_Symbol...
So I have an indicator and I print some stuff to the chart in OnInit().  It doesn't need to occur regularly.  Is there a way to call OnInit() from the chart?  To reload the indicator I guess.  I was thinking Refresh would do it, but no.    Thanks.  
Hello, I have recently started transitioning from MT4 to MT5 because of some extra possibilities offered by the MT5 environment. However one point seem critical to be: the ability to use real historical tick data in backtests. On Metatrader 4, some external apps like Tickstory or Birt's CSV2FST...
Hi, I‌'ve bought an EA trade copier on utilities which works perfectly for copying trades from different sources. The thing is, the quality of the sources is completely different from one to the other. And with the one I bought, you can scale lot size to all trades but not by source. So I'd like to...
H‌ello community, ‌ I'm looking for an EA to optimize my copy trades from MQL5. 1/ an EA which opens position from the provider with the same risk/reward ratio . Example: Provider opens 0.5 lot with 1000$ account ----> Receiver with 10 000$ will copy 5 lot 2/ At the same time, I want an EA after
  Few issues  (1)
Hey guys, I‌'ve designed an algorithm in c++, the only language I got to know, and its proving great results, but I'm struggling with few aspects of it. 1‌) Is it possible to program trades expiration time (if trade is open for more than X hours/days/whatever - close it) 2‌) When it comes to the...
Hello, I am quite new to coding and having quite a lot of fun setting myself tasks to become better - this one however I can't seem to get my head around  Basically, I am trying to increment the array size in the CopyTicks function until the condition of its .last price is lower than my test price...
[Deleted]
So recently I've been playing around with MT5 and MQL5, before that I wrote some very basic MT4 EAs, but never tried writing one for MT5. The first thing I've noticed is how complicated everything seems, as an example in MQL4 in order to save RSI indicator data to a variable only one simple line of...
Hi, I am looking for a method which will tell me in Expert Advisor that an user has placed order (buy / sell). I mean I want to start an action when such event occurs.  Is there any available? Can't find it in documentation.   Cheers 
Hello,  Is it possible for me to have two brokers in the same Mql5 account and follow a different signal in each account?   Thanks 
HEY guys i have been trying to create an expert advisor on mql5 and  tried to copy the ea code that i want ( it's been automatically created because on mql5 you can creat an ea without writing a code so can i copy what i've been working on and simply paste it on mql4 i have tried but it didn't work...
I'm trying to build a first EA, code below, but it doesn't execute any trades. I know its very simple, but logically I think this should buy and sell. I'm trying to only use code that I understand. I'd appreciate it if anyone had any feedback!  
hello,  When running my EA to optimize the settings it only tests 1 set of settings. Why is this? 
Hi, I am searching for the complete stochastic code with using price_field 0-Low/High or 1-Close/Close. On the normal code I can see the following lines for(k=i-InpKPeriod+1; k<=i; k++) { if(dmin>low[k]) dmin=low[k]; if(dmax<high[k]) dmax=high[k]; } Do I need to fill
Hi every one    I face a big problem with my Expert advisor that working in ECN live account but it trades 2 or 3 trades in the account only and in back test traded 4 or 5 >?   what's the problem here ? 
Hello, I wonder if Autochartist can be used for EAs. Any help welcome.
Can I work  Open & Close button EA in Strategy Tester Visualization ?   Please help me use  Open & Close button in in Strategy Tester Visualization. Thank you.
Hello, Does anyone know of a script or EA that can draw a horizontal line that can act as global stop loss? For example - Once price touches this line every order in the chart will be closed. I know there are trailing EAs and the like but im just looking for a simple line that can be manually...
Dear Sir/Madam,  I just created an EA. Before putting into Market, I would like to publish as it can only work with Demo Account.  So far I still cannot lock my EA to be only useable with Demo Account. Can somebody help?  Many Thanks
Am I doing this right at all? I have an indicator (it's BrainTrend2Sig from the codebase). It outputs a buyarray[] and a sellarray[] In my EA I first link to that indicator   indicator_handle=iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT,"BrainTrend2Sig"); Then in OnTick() I call for  the arrays.    double  buys[],...
Hello everyone! I wrote an EA which trades divergence (many different settings and indicator choices) some major pair tests (EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY) with TDS software (real ticks and spread) proven successful on last 7 years, As a part of an initiative to create a "community EA project", I'm...
[Deleted]
Hello fellow developers, I'm writing a script, which in its functions, needs to read data from several indicators, nearly at the same time. During this development, I've encountered 2 problems: The first being a Windows' window popping up telling me MT5 is using up too much memory (even though there...