Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 252

Hi Guys, I'm working on my new EA which has an ability to open a pending order in the opposite direction of the last closed order. I've been searching and testing for days now but there's a weird malfunction (sometimes EA is opening a lot pending orders at once, and most of the time not opening any...
With reference to this page:https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/ctrade/ctradepositionclose, I want that once a deal is just closed whit this chunk of code: int posOpened = PositionsTotal();   for (int i=0; i<posOpened;i++) {      ticket =...
Hello to everybody, My question is quite simple and I want to know if MQL5 supports the pointer to a function paradigma exactly like in C++... is yes where can I find an exhaustive tutorial ? Regards.
Hi My broker is IG and I have an EA that I wish to use. I have some experience with MT4 with VPS but I've not used one for a while. My issue is that I purchased a VPS so my EA can run always online and despite not seeing any obvious issues and the EA working perfectly whilst using the IG MT4...
Hi everybody. I am newbie. I see Heiken Ashi indicator in this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/33 I need to get array information 0 and 1 of 5 variables to compare: double ExtOBuffer[]; double ExtHBuffer[]; double ExtLBuffer[]; double ExtCBuffer[]; double ExtColorBuffer[]; How to get information...
The EA I created is a beast based on MA cross and never loses if I dont use SL. but the issue I am getting in the strategy tester is that it is only opening short trades... it also open many positions at once like 100, and when they hit tp, it looks to sell straight away.  as well as getting it to...
Hi, I do not want to foster any conspiracy theories about Forex Brokers being scams etc. but...
Hi! Is there anyone who has a lot of knowledge of the MT4 VPS server? I have a subscription to this VPS server, but the platform does not connect to the VPS server I have paid for (at least that is what I think). Take a look at the attached image. Can someone help me with this, please?
hello , as you know iMACD() function is for classic macd but i want to use macd two lines indicator in EA and i failed in using IndicatorCreate() function can anyone give me the codes of that indicator in mql5 in expert advisor?
I have a problem understanding why this calculation gives back a wrong result. relativeSL = NormalizeDouble(moneyToRisk/tickvalue*ticksize, digits); I thought the tick value should be the amount a tick is worth (in the accounts currency), but instead it's 100 times more. What is it that I don't...
Hi all, I am entirely new to EA development. However, I have a problem with backtesting my first advisor. When selecting the ''use data'' section and I select any one year period from the options, it always seems to start from the 31st of March 2019 until the present date....
Hello, I have downloaded files from Tickdata but still, my backtests are poor poor poor... I exported to a MT4 file that was tested, did everything according to youtube instructiuons of their official site, charged the EA with data running different timeframes and nothing helped. Would appreciate...
Hello guys, Respectfully found an indicator online that was close to what I was looking for.  Did some slight modifications, however, I'm stuck on making the Indicator write to file.  I was wondering if any expert would be willing to give it a look to see what I'm missing there.  In short, its...
hello, there is EA existing here and using any indicator ? if possible using just the indicator name without symbols before and after, with stop loss, trailing stop, take profit, and lot size. thanks
Hello traders, I would like to display a big arrow in the chart. I asked to Google but found answers only for indicators. If I could modify these functions for big arrows that woud help me a lot Thanks Janfi void DrawArrowUp(string ArrowName,double LinePrice,color LineColor){ObjectCreate(ArrowName,...
Hi, friend, I got a problem,  explained in following example.         For example,  I attach an EA to EURUSD chart only,  then use following codes to add OBJ_ARROW_BUY to  USDJPY chart. The EA is NOT attached to USDJPY.  The system replies error 4202, cannot find object.  Your help is appreciated....
Hey all I read once that there is an EA that can work away bad orders by partial closing them and compensate them with a other order. My problem is that I followed bad signals in the beginning/during time, tried to fix them with other orders, but GBP with the brexit is killing me: How can I fix...
This EA is based on the break of Trendline. first we click on the Short or Long buttons and it will generate a trendline, we can adjust them to sit on the wicks of the candles.  The Idea is that when the price closes or breaks the trendline it executes a trade. for example, if price breaks above LTR...
Hello I receive this error when I using backtest mt5  on stocks  :   Error opening BUY position by ABC. : '(null)' I tried some broker , same error again, Is it any solution ?! Thanks
Hello all, This is my first post on the MQL5 forum. I am trying to write an Expert Advisor (can apply to Indicator as well) in MQL4 that uses a custom made DLL to authenticate its users. To protect my EA from being decompiled, I am thinking of passing MQL4's system functionAccountNumber() as a...
Can somebody recommend a good Renko EA? The concept is so simple, that probably somebody did this before: - trade should be flipped after 1, 2 or 3 bricks in the same direction (this 1, 2, 3 should be configurable) - Renko brick size should be configurable I'd like to be able to backtest it. Ideally...
hi all, I am wondering if its possible to optimise and find the best parameters of a strategy in multiple custom time periods? For example like January 2018- march 2018 , June 2018- September 2018 like that? Is there any way to optimise like that all together? I don't want to optimise separately and
Hello I have an expert advisor(ea just typing it as keyword) that has two ways to open trades the first way is for example using moving averages and stochastic if the price is under a 50 period simple moving average and a 10 period sma is under 20 period sma and under the stochastic has crossed down...
Hi, frined, I tried to send OBJ_ARROWS from python to MT4. Steps as below: 1. add EA to EURUSD chart, and then add the same EA to USDJPY chart. Both are successful. 2. Add arrows to EURUSD chart. Success. 3. Add arrows to USDJPY chart.  Terminal expert says error 4202, object not found.  I post...
Hi so i am using zeroMQ to get data for my machine learning algorithm in python. but once my model has made a prediction i want a way to efficiently draw arrows to different symbols on my mt4. preferably a way that does not involve using an intermediate file rather using zeroMQ or other methods....
Hi, I am searching for an EA that can only open an order when the candle closesabove or below a specific price. Could somebody help me? Thanks.
I have a template, when it confirm the parameters of the strategy to a buy/sell, the template insert an object (arrow). I'm wondering if there a chance to build an EA which indentify the buy arrow or sell arrow and open a trade or if is better with a condicional command to open the trade if the
Any good articles on how to make use of neural network or machine learning in identifying market inefficiencies and forming EA? More specifically, what kinds of neural network architecture/machine learning techniques, usage of features, how to train it, and how to perform backtest.
Hi, I didn't find any good doc about how to handle 3 & 4 digits for my EAs. My code looks like this: double buySL = Ask - SL * _Point; double buyTP = Ask + TP * _Point; int openBuy(double buySL = 0, double buyTP = 0) { return OrderSend(_Symbol,OP_BUY
Hi everyone, i trey this cod for close open order after 1H but cant close after 1H. can you help me and repair  for this cod. tanks for all. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                                  |//|...