Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 360

Add checks to EA !!?  (13   1 2)
Hi i am trying to publish EA only for binary options and only for GrandCapital broker !!! However the moderatos told me that : Support Team 2016.04.08 08:50 : There must be no errors regardless of inputs/initial deposit or any other conditions. Add checks to your EA. We told you, there...
Hi, Is this possible with either MT4 or MT5? Example. I want to run an EA for 12 months, before each month is ran, specified variables are used to get optimum (highest in optimization) setting, and is used on the upcoming month's trade.  And after that month, optimization is again done, and...
Hi, i get a nice fat 10030 error when i try to close a position for a given currency. Any ideas why? for( int i=0; i<NumOfCurrencyPairs; i++)         {    ...
  Strategy Advisor  (3)
One observation I noticed is that everytime I run the Strategy Advisor, it will come out with different results even though I didn't change the code or parameters. I was using "Every Tick"   What is going on?      Also, I saw that in the graph, it was losing money in orders...
Comments that do not relate to the "Discussion of article "MQL5.community - User Memo"", have been moved into this topic.
Dears, I'm sorry, I read around and searched, but I'm stuck in the tester. I understand it should work, but it doesn't :( I run (tester) an EA on a 1H chart and I try to get values from iMomentum for the 15M period. The function always returns 0. For the live of me, I can't find out, why?? Pardon-me...
Hi in strategy tester, there's a "spread" field i assume that is the spread used in your back test question : is that in pip or pippet? 
Hi all as above thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I have just started using the MqlTick structure and I think I'm getting wrong information from it. The code I'm using is really simple, and I'm only receiving the flags TICK_FLAG_ASK, TICK_FLAG_BID and sometimes I get TICK_FLAG_LAST along with TICK_FLAG_VOLUME. From what I've seen in...
Hi all For below cci indi, i want to get the cci value of previous bar. So i set the shift to 1 as shown. is this correct? iCCI(NULL, 5, 20, PRICE_TYPICAL, 1)
Hi guys, Love this forum...infinite collaboration of talent and information ! I have created an EA which fires off an alert to the MT4 terminal, however it happens every second. Where should I got to learn on how to change my alert from every second and be able to set it too every 4 seconds for...
Bear in mind, please, that the meta trader 4 platform has a different versions for Windows and for Mac operating systems. Input will be appreciated. Thanks! :)
Hi all, i am using ontick() and i have a calculation to loop all the orders profit for every tick change it is running fine all the time but some time the value got stuck to a fixed last calculated value  only by reloading the ea, i will get the value to keep updating again   any idea...
Hi, I'm using an CArrayDouble object to store some "double" values and I what to be able to use iMAOnArray on them but the compiler is complaining about a "parameter conversion not allowed" error. Could someone tell me how I get the values from the CArrayDouble object ready for use with the...
hi i saw an indicator with the below declaration Any idea what's function of the " . " ? Thanks  #########  extern int       TVI.r=12; 
Hi Im coding EA and I want it to have feature to set SL to BE if x% of TP is reached. This is what I have so far. void BreakEven(){ for (int i = OrdersTotal()-1 ; i >= 0; i--)   { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) if(OrderMagicNumber()==Magic)...
Hi all, i want to add comment to each order and after googling around, i found some people use StringConcatenate I wanted to add a variable value to the comments, so i try below. Nothing came out at comment , not even the "MA Diff Is" string OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, start_lot, Bid, 3, 0...
Hi guys, I'm trying to show the profit done in the actual day but i just cant figure out how to do that in MQL5, can someone give me a light ? Thanks.
Hi Guys, How can I insert a comment into the history page of an EA? Every time it puts a line into the history column, I want to add the EA name into the comments column. Any ideas how to do that? Thanks!
any advice? main point to make it almost impossible to decompile
Hi, today i purchased an EA within the mt5 , after successful payment , message appeared " failed to download". its my first buying and im so disappointment, in purchases section there is only demo version of the EA not the full one, i also write to support service and waiting for their response,...
How would I code something like this: The Close[2] = Open[1] +/- 3 pips. So basically I do not want to see a difference of more than X pips between  the close and an open of the following bar. Is there a function that does it? Because it can a positive or negative value depending on how you subtract...
I  found many function they can't use the "PERIOD_H4" and  "PERIOD_H1" as parametre in Mql5.  a simple example:   if ( Bars( _Symbol , PERIOD_H4 ) < 100  )  return; it can't be compiled and return this error information :  'Bars' - no one of the overloads can be applied to the function call. This...
[Deleted]
I Developed an EA that i use to trade on a live account installed on my desktop where tests and Code were done, but i decided to let my EA run on my Laptop while i trade on a different account on my desktop. When i ran the EA on the tester on my Laptop the test results were completely different and...
Hi there, could anyone tell how ho to make all the trades that are take by an EA more visible. Currently the trades are represented by dashed lines with tiny arrowheads. How could you change this so the lines are solid and perhaps even bold to illustrate trades taken, more clearly? Would you...
Hello, I would like to know if this code is correct to close an opened position with lot size = LOT : What I did is that I removed SL and TP arameter so that it close at the latest bid price. Thank you //--- Putting all together if(Sell_Condition_1) { // any opened Buy position
hello,    i wanna backtest my ea but i need historical data and good ones for dax. from 2008 or earlier until know. how i do that? use a vps? or are there other solutions?   an other question: can you set the leverage on you're ea?   and let's be honest: are some smart people getting rich from an...
Hi, I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched everywhere, but cannot find the answer. I want to do some strategy testing using the cloud. It worked fine earlier today, by giving me a whole whackload of agents. The strategy tested well, and now I want to run some new tests. However, this time,...
Hi there from this path i try to show position's status that selected on the chart. i know how works Comment(), but i cann't show that status. path: Expert Advisor\properies\Common Tab\only long or only short or long & short
Hello all, I need good and perfect working trade copier that I can use for multiple accounts. Can anyone share with me or where I can get it