Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 205

Since I'm in the USA, I can't find a broker that uses ECN (Electronics Communications Network). Will this cause a problem when trying to find profitable EA's
Hello am new to programming as a whole I have learned a few basic and have built my first EA but it is closing trades on close price not current price.......I don't know what I did wrong but I would love some help it uses moving average for enter and close below is the EA file
Hi, I have written a Trailing Stop function but I get the error code 4756 and return code 10013 during test. The code below is just for the BUY orders for simplicity (same applies for SELL orders). I call the function from the OnTick() when there are some conditions meet. void TS_pips() {
My trading robot is reporting "order send failed error #0" how can i fix this error please On demo it work properly but on live account it reports that error message
I am not asking for broker recommendations. But all the brokers I've found so far in the USA have minimum Stops Levels. Will this be a huge problem for me finding functioning EA's
I would like to draw line like the chart above. (It's from MT4). Does anyone know how? Thanks
I wanna to use specific RSI levels for another indicator like alligator (like below picture). For example I wanna to use tow level of RSI indicator (30, 70) and when alligator cross these levels then open trade. How can I use that in mql code
I purchased some EA's for MT4. They worked fine on backtester in my demo account. Couldn't get them working for backtest in live account. I've had them running in the live account for several days now with no executed trades, and no attempted trades (no error messages)
i am trying to make an EA for auto risk calculation but still not successful. i am trying to calculate risk from Stoploss value in pip. Example my stoploss is 10pip & i want to take the risk of 5% of my total Account balance. it should calculate from these two parameters... Here is my code i...
Hello, i want to use a parameter file for my strategy. param.txt The param file is in MQL5/files. When i open datafolder/MQL5/files, i can see the file there. Also, the file loaded correctly when applying strategy to chart. Loading fails when backtesting, even i have the test file directive in the
Hello. I need to modify an EA that makes simple (orders one at a time) to be able to close all orders made by it at a pre-defined time (23h50). Any idea how to it? Maybe something like this? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139654 ps: I only started with mql5 two days ago, tried to implement it, but
Hello, I’m testing Tradefields MT5, I and I have an issue with it : - Everytime I test my strategy on another year the EA stops in the middle of the month or the year and give me incomplete results. - The software’s owner told me, there a file to delete each time. It’s a waste of
Hi ladies and gentlemen! Faced the problem of different results at optimisation with identic MT5 terminals/accounts. All the adjustments of the robot are identic, accounts are different but also identic - pamm.ecn.mt5. The results are different. Does anybody have any idea what may be the matter
Hi there MetaTrader developers, I really understand how difficult would be porting the whole MT terminal into a Linux-compatible design. However, on the other hand, I think that it is long past the time of a Linux MetaTester agent. So, can you please consider a Linux version for MetaTester? Thanks,...
Hi, I'm uploading an EA into the marketplace, and the backtest shows me: Not enough money. The default start lot of the EA is 0,01 lots (no marti), when I look into the backtest journal I see, that the EA is being tested with 0,2 lots. Why, can someone explain
hello, folks my mt5 script is very simple, it read csv like this : void OnStart() {//--- string dt ; int file_20 = FileOpen("104782531.csv", FILE_READ|FILE_CSV,';'); if (file_20!=-1) Print("Error is",GetLastError()); Print(StringToInteger(FileReadString(file_20))); FileClose(file_20);
Calling positionClose from the CTrade class doesn't trigger the onTradeTransaction event. Is there a different way I should close a position
Greetings to all, I had a developer build an EA in MT4 and MT5 versions, but he was unable to complete the MT5 version. The problem occurs when starting the strategy test, after a few exchanges it begins to jump, it crashes until the entire PC system is down The developer claims that everything is
We have setup the whizard expert advisor EA. How to connect our live account
[Deleted]
Hello. May you assist me with this Expert Advisor i am coding. I don't have programming background but i am still learning. 1. i would like to modify my TakeProfit and StopLoss. i have put a Take profit of 150 before, now i modified it to 500 but still shows 150 once it opens a trade I am suspecting
Hello,  Can anyone tell me how can I access the rented ea I purchased to put in on my trading account? Allen 
I used the historical datafeed from dukascopy My trading systems which are based on High and Low values really worked well WITH THAT DATA. However, I tryed going live on avatrade/xm / roboforex, none of them look same as dukascopy. I've MT5 EA so doesnt work on Dukascopy. I am looking for some other
HI.. good day to you all.. Am not sure if tis is possible is there a way to hide functions from source code.. .mq5 or mq4 eg. void TrailingStop() { //Trailing code } or instead calling it from a private website codes.. eg. void TrailingStop() { //get Trailing code function from my website
Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your precious advices and help that i'm sure you would give me. I'm writing and setting up my first EA, for trading intraday (5-15m timeframe) in different crosses/commodities. The strategy would be: - check on long period trend (Moving average in 50 - 100
Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a way to get my EA to trade immediately after an indicator prints (on the same candle/bar). I noticed that it only executes a buy/sell on the next candle, by that time it is too late. Is there any way to remedy this? Any help would be appreciated
Hi everyone, I have created an expert advisor using an online EA generator. It gave me the code and everything but there is one small detail I would like to get fixed. Context: The Expert Advisor is simple and trades on the 1hr timeframe. The conditions are as follows: 1. If previous candle closes
Hi there guys, how could I currently get POSITION_VOLUME_INITIAL ? It seems dissapeared from Position Properties. https://www.mql5.com/es/docs/constants/tradingconstants/positionproperties
I want an expert who opens a buy trade every 60 minutes and puts the stop loss at -150 points, and as the price increases 150 points, the stop loss moves 150 points, and if the price decreases, the stop loss does not move
  Endless requotes  (3)
New to this so bear with me. When I run this, the EA makes trades as you would expect //sell if (signal == "sell" && PositionsTotal ()< 1 ) trade.Sell( 0.10 , NULL ,Bid, 0 ,(Bid- 150 * _Point ), NULL ); //buy if (signal == "buy" && PositionsTotal ()< 1 )
Hello, I have an EA with 100 different strategies, each set with a different magic number. I backtest this in MT4 and there are hundreds of trades created. However, I do not see the magic numbers anywhere on the strategy tester - people in the forum have suggested using the print function, but