Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 211

Hello, Is there anyway to prevent an EA from opening new orders (Daily at time X)  but maintain previously opened orders.  Edit: I don't have the source code and cannot modify the EA.
Small question. I have this EA that has external input following as  focusing on the pipcount in the mt4 settings. extern double  PipCount    = 20; If I need the pipcount  not to  be able to be edited in the mt4 terminal setting I should use the following? int PipCount    = 30; or do I use the...
I use an indicator that looks and works fine on all past data but it has weird calculations when it comes to continually running. It starts drawing lines in random places. (I hope this is making sense) What I want to know is, when I program this into my EA, will the EA pull the data from this
Hi I m trying to publish a product on the Market but in the Automatic Validation of my EA I get erros: test on EURUSD,H1 (netting) 2020.04.01 10:59:41 failed modify #5 sell 0.4 EURUSD sl: 1.09665, tp: 1.09565 -> sl: 1.09613, tp: 1.09565 [Invalid stops] 2020.04.01 23:10:35 failed modify #8 buy 0.2
Can any expert advisor fake the results of meta trader back test? By fetching data from 3rd party service? By analyzing the past data that are already downloaded to meta trader? Or by any other way
Hi all, I am re-coding some MQL5 scripts into MQL4 because of my broker's requirements. I am finding a discrepancy between the 1 Hour EMA calculated by the EA on my 1 Hour chart and the 1 Hour EMA calculated by the EA on my 5 Min chart. I think the values should be the same (they are in my MQL5
[Deleted]
  Modifying an EA  (6)
I try to modify an EA on MT5 but my computer won?t save the changes I keep pressing "save" on the screen below but it doesn't load or do anything, is there a problem I can fix
Hi all, My funtion: double ProfitCheck(long const magic_number){ double profit=0.0; HistorySelect(0, TimeCurrent()); int trades_total = HistoryDealsTotal();   for(int i=0; i < trades_total; i++)     { long ticket = HistoryDealGetTicket(i); long...
Hi, I guess this is an easy common question: How can I tell the EA to not open a trade in a bar where it has closed a trade at void OnTick? It is opening with if(CountTrades()<1) but I cannot add if(IsNewCandle()), as it does not open trades. I have tried this but it opens either way int BarsCount =
[Deleted]
  goto end of EA  (2)
Hi, I have 2 moving average EA, MA1 is faster then MA2, to save time in optimization, I want to skip permutation of MA1 >= MA2. void OnInit() { if (IsOptimization() ) { goto end_of_the_EA_code } } I could not find goto in MQL5, is there other loop function I can use
Hi all I'm looking for MT5 script or EA (possibly MT4) I would like that when candle a bar crosses the horizontal trendline i.e. when the close price are on the opposite sides of the line then close position. Does anyone know similar solutions? Please share with me. So far, just I found it....
It's all in this little screencast. Any help much appreciated ! *** thanks
Hi, When trying to get the swap long of a CFD's in the past(3 months ago) , the expert returns to me the actual value of the swap (which means , i don't varies with time and remain the same for my EA); Is it a problem coming from my broker or is it a data that cannot be find in the past ? (I'm
Hello Everyone, I am developing my EA in Metatrader 5 and have an error in strategy tester in the line: iMACD_Handle=iMACD("USDJPY",PERIOD_H1,20,60,6,PRICE_CLOSE); The strateg tester show the error: cannot load indicator 'MACD' [4805] Error= 4805 Error applying an indicator to chart...
  2nd computer  (1)
Do I need to pay twice for EA to install on 2nd computer using the same account
hi, i want to check if order is sell orbuy type,and this require an integer...but wich one is buy and wich one the sell? cant find infoin help file... i can not do this; if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE)==ORDER_TYPE_BUY)??somebody can show mewhere i can find int value of a buy and sell order? the...
[Deleted]
  Input changes  (1)
I need to test a demo of an EA on the market before I buy it, but it won't let me save input changes to the demo so I can test it. Is this normal before I buy it or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for the help
Hello, I keep getting the runtime OnTick Critical error when I try to test my ea. Here is part of the code; double cci[]; double rsi[]; double prev_volume, prev_AvD, prev_holdthese, prev_cci; double volume, AvD, holdthese; int OnInit () { MqlRates rates[]; int totalbars=Bars(_Symbol,_Period);
I am new to mql5 and I'm trying to trade GOLD. I tested some sample EA but it doesn't execute any buy or sell positions. I tested with MA and MACD code made by MQL5 wizard. It works at currencies but it doesn't work at GOLD. It doesn't execute any trade because of [Invalid stops] error. I'm using
I have rent vps mql5 service to run EA on mt4 but sometime vps get DC to ping broker tickmill at the weekend ... so I ask, my ea still working after DC in vps and resume on monday or stop working and need synchronization again ? because before DC my ea shown DD around 2%(still opened order position)
How to fix these errors 2020.08.17 00:57:58.620 PipFinite Trend PRO EURUSD,H1: out of memory 2020.08.17 00:32:59.450 not enough memory to load C:\Users\OMISTAJA\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\\MQL4\indicators\Market\PipFinite Trend PRO.ex4 2020.08.17 00:07:15.193 cannot load
[Deleted]
How can I integrate an indicator i bought on the market into an EA
I have build and EA, and want to add more trade protection into it, what I need is a function than i can integrate with my previous code by just calling it The strategy are : If daily profit is equal or more than target profit (by precentege of ballance) , than trading stop for that day Or if loss
Hi there, I wanted to ask about what potential downsides there could be to running multiple, different EA’s on one trading account. I’m looking to diversify my trading and would like to know about the possible risks or benefits. If anyone could help me out or has any previous experience with this, I
Hi i want to use iMa and iRSI and compare values . but values are not true because of showing iMa in chart windows and iRSI in Data window. how can i use both of them in data window ? Thanks
Hello, hope everyone is well. I am new to mql5 and for some reason when i go to test my EA it doesn't execute any buy or sell positions. There are no syntax errors Here is my code. Thank you in advance for your help :) vo }
Hello evryone,&nbsp; Gmail provides userfriendly rss feeds to read unread emails https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom I want to get access to my emails via MQL4. I have found https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10428 this script. But even when i replace all functions with unicode (W) it still...
I ran the optimiser on my EA. I have several variables (stop loss, take profit and three others). The optimiser showed me tasty profits on various currency pairs, so I noted the values it had chosen and hard-coded them into the EA. Then I just ran it on the strategy tester without optimising, but
Hi there, i am trying to enter a code that would allow me to retrieve the open price of a specific symbol other than the current one being work on. anyone know how do i do that? my code is something like , i tried Position Select, but on my last line i tried printing the value and it...
I have seen many topics around this subject, but i am finding it difficult to understand. My trading algorithm sets my stop loss to 1.5 x the ATR of a symbol. My risk is 2% of my Free margin. (Is free margin the best place to take 2% of my balance?) //--- ATR calculations for Stop loss and Take