Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 172

Hi, quite new to all this but when I try to drag my EA onto a chart, nothing attaches and I get an error "Cannot Load ......." Any help would be appreciated
Hello, I use multiple EAs and Currency Pair for trading for nearly a year. I have faced a difficult problem with News and suffer major loss. My EAs go to the wrong trend with martingale when News came. It happens the fourth times in the past year and It becomes my major source of loss. I wonder if
  Code a simple EA  (1)
Hi Guys, I have been successfully trading a simple indicator lead system for sometime now with decent success. I am looking for someone to code it for me. The system consists of 3 versions of the same indicator that reference different timeframes. All 3 concur then take a trade in the direction
Last night, due to unknown reason my window corrupted and i can not boot my PC. I reinstall window and reinstall everything including MT4 and EA i purchased on the same PC. I lost 1 activation after that. Is it possible to regain my lost activation? The EA i purchased cost a couple thousand dollar
Hi, I have a binary file containing an array and my expert advisor needs to read it. However, I can't get it to open the file. I can open it with a script though. I think that the expert advisor is not looking for my file in the same folder as the script. I have put it in
Hello, I am trying to get realtime ticks from mt5 to database Postgresql through dll and the problem is that when I try to apply my expert to  few graph mt5 failed.  I use boost thread and boost mutex. Does mt5 support it? And how concurrency designed in mt5? Maybe mfc used? Thanks...
I want to calculate the pip value. And I also want to calculate the margin of the future before opening a position. But I am not 100% sure if I am doing it correctly. Can someone confirm if this calculation is correct? Thank you so much
My trading signal has been live on MQL5 for six months now and I still have no subscribers. I know I am not allowed to advertise my EA here on the forum in MQL5. Any recommendations where I can advertise my EA? Facebook groups does not seem to work
Hello, I have searched and searched and can find nothing that helps me!  My problem is I have coded a custom indicator and the values of it change when you refresh the chart (right click and click 'refresh'). Once it has been refreshed once per bar, the values remain as correct. I call on this...
Hi, I got also this error message: test on EURUSD,H1 (netting) tester stopped because OnInit failed there are no trading operations I use this condition to enable the EA only on Hedging account      // Enable only for hedge account   if(account.MarginMode()...
[Deleted]
Hi Friends I have defined an enum_TREND_STRENGTH and defining a variable of this enum type 'trendStrength'. enum_TREND_STRENGTH trendStrength; Since I have not initialize the variable, getting warning message: possible use of uninitialized variable 'trendStrength' . How can I avoid this warning
Hi guys, I hace several questions about OnDeinit function When close MT5 does this function works? I mean, I use 100 charts, each one with the same indicator. If I create a function that deletes all indicators of all those 100 charts into OnInit, It will work? My problem is that I use the same 3
So firstly iv made this EA using FXdreema becuase i cant program but iv hit a issue. If i have for example two charts open the the EA waits for a pending order to be hit on eg eurusd and once hit on trade function then places two more pending orders on the chart. based on filters like Buy and group
how to close all your open position at once
I am looking for something that allows me to kill the thread of the program when an error occurs. Something like "exit(-1)" in C and C ++. Can you please tell me if there is something similar in MQL5? I want to do something like what you can see in the following code: handler = iMA
Guys / gals, I'm looking for an EA that can place trades with a user-defined martingale, and also adjustable trades spacing. Another function I need is a drawdown control based on the latest trade being slightly in profit over the earliest trade. Gold Stuff came quite close to what I was wanting
I have string variables (Candle_1, Candle_2 etc..) which when printed returns "Red" or "Green" from a function. eg: When running: Print("**** Candle_1: "+Candle_1); Output is: **** Candle_1: Red I would like to print values in a for loop for multiple candles but cant get the value of the variable
Hello! I am demo-testing EAs in multiple pairs. Sometimes I want to modify the EA inputs in all of the charts at the same time and it's very cumbersome, boring, and time-consuming, to -press F7 to open the EA -click over to Inputs Tab (because it always open in the first About Tab) -click Load to
Hi, I need to store a long or ulong value into a char array. Therefore I split the value into pieces of 8 bit and store these parts into 8 elements of a char array. Following macro is used: #define L64_TO_UCHAR(value,array,pos) { array[pos+ 0 ]= uchar (value& 0xFF );array[pos+ 1 ]=( uchar
Hi guys, I want my EA to avoid taking any trade from 21:00 to 01:00 (when spreads are high). Regards, Saurabh Barhate (P. S. - I am using MT5)
I'm trying to make an EA to only trigger when there's a Sell signal and will trade for the amount of candle sticks required. stops trading after the number of candle stick has been reached Wait till there's a buy signal Triggers once there's a new sell signal I was able to get the EA trigger on sell
[Deleted]
Hi everybody! I'm looking for historical data of FTSE-MIB (the italian index). I'm using the data of my broker (avatrade) and only on daily I've got this error: "2021.06.22 21:07:39.673 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 78163 at 2020.03.20 00:00 exceeded)" (on daily backtesting) Do
Hey guys, i want some help to detect the robot that operates VWAP or TWAP! I saw that a simple way would be to analyze how many trades per second/minute the stock are having. So I would need the information on the amount of trades and also an element that calculates something like speed. 10 trades
Hi everyone Hello friends I want to learn how to write an expert. The few pages that are available for training are very general and do not teach anything in practice. That's why I ask you to help me with this example. I want to open two trades at the first moment, one sell and the other buy. Each
Hello, I believe if I run an EA in an ecn account then market orders open in two stages: 1- The order is first opened and then only after that the 2- the stop-loss and take profit are placed. Most of the time this is not a problem but occassionally my stop loss order and take profit order are not...
Hello. I'm looking for a programmer who is willing to make a trading robot with me. I got a system but I can not program in mql5 (i can't program at all). Whether my system will work on a robot I don't know, that's why I need to get it build first. But we can fine tune it together and in the end
double NORMALIZE( double DOUBLE) { return round (DOUBLE/ 0.01 )* 0.01 ; } VOLUME= MathPow (FACTOR, PositionsTotal ()- 2 )*( MathPow (FACTOR, 2 )- 1 )*P.Volume(); Alert (VOLUME); // result : 0.6333333333333334 Alert (NORMALIZE(VOLUME)); // result : 0.63 VOLUME=NORMALIZE( MathPow (FACTOR
I am doing the following (the code below) but I only see zeros whith "Comment output". I don't know if it is because " CDealInfo " does not work in test mode, or i'm doing somthing wrong. Can someone tell me please? Thank you!! CDealInfo dealInfo;
Hi Guys, I need an EA that opens positions whenever price hits MA using the following parameters: 1. If the candle that crosses the MA is red, check to see if the last 2 candles are green; If the candle that crosses the MA is Green, check to see if the last 2 candles are Red. Check if the fast MA
I need to load an indicator in Strategy Tester to handle mouse click events. How can I do this? Or handle a click event without the direct indicator in the Strategy Tester, but from what I've researched, there's no way to do that