Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 175

Dear friends, I have a problem with VPS, I don't know if any of you have had the same problem as me. My orders are copied only when I turn on the computer, and if I turn off the computer, the command is not copied. why? What can I do to fix this error? Thank you
Hello! I am attempting to calculate lot size dynamically based on a SL calculated from the ATR (Using the built-in iATR). The EA seems to compile correctly, but when I attempt to test the the strategy nothing happens. I have been unable to determine where my mistake is. Please, see the attached code
Hello all, Am new to EA coding, i have 2 questions : 1- what is GetTicketNumber of a position ? is it an INTEGER that starts from 0 or 1 ? 2- How to close all positions By Type ? Only close buy or sell only positions. Thanks for your help all
Hi, What I mean is, can you sell your custom ea independently? I've seen plenty ea's being sold on fiverr for example, but is it allowed, are there limitations? Thanks
I get this error when trying to compile my EA file: 'vsl' - undeclared identifier 'vtp' - undeclared identifier It's for this part: { if (USE VIRTUAL STOPS) { sl = vsl; tp = vtp; } What do I need to do to make it work? Anyone?
[Deleted]
I am very proficient in EA programming. I have helped netizens and friends to get hundreds of EAs, but there has been no good strategy. Hey, the future of EA is slim. I help my friends write EA for free
  help with ea  (2)
Hey I've created an EA. But something is wrong with it. EA receives different data than actual chart! I've attached the screeshot. As you can see in log section, it says open price is 1905.4 and close price is 1908.0 for THE LAST FORMED CANDLE. But what is in the chart is different. As you can see I
Hi I'm programmer. But I'm new to MQL5. I've created an EA. Seems everything is OK with it. But when I test it with strategy tester , something weird happens. It opens an opposite position instantly when SL is hit. It's not done by the EA. It's not in my code! any idea
Hi folks, I've tried to find some function to return the type of modeling (OHLC, EveryTick, Every Real tick...) during the strategy testing. But did not found it! Is there any way (function) to return this kind of information
Hi there, What is the best way to do backtest with no leverage? My problem is that I'm doing some test with grid systems and it has been stop out with money to new positions. This stop out is not real because my loss position is very large but I don't have leverage so I should not need to cover the
Hello friends, I hope you are healthy. Excuse me, my English is very weak. The problem is that when I test the daily timeframe in icustom, it returns zero and does not enter the deal, but it works properly in the monthly timeframe. What is the problem
Hello, I need help in this code below, I want this expert advisor to sell if the last trade was of buy and buy if the last trade was of sale. #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> CTrade trade; void OnTick () { double ask, bid, last; ask = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_ASK );
Hello, I do not understand, I am using an expert advisor hosted on MQL5 VPS which is supposed to have the trailing stop set, but when it should be triggered it does not. I read that you have to keep your MT5 instance open at all times for trailing stop orders to pass. So if I understood correctly
I have a new VPS with about 20 EA's on it. I am at IC Markets. I loaded the EA's first and then bought the VPS service on MT4 platform. Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can fix this? Thank you for your help. :)
this is my code. i jast want EA after run, buy 0.1 lot of symbol in Ask price. but this code dont work and show me 10013 return code. please help me. what is problem and how i can solve it. tnx. int OnInit () { MqlTradeRequest request; MqlTradeResult result; request.action =
Hello guys, I would like to know regarding the possibility of this, I have seen some EAs that could open a buy order exactly at the OPEN price of the next candle stick, as we all know that forex chart is formed by bid price, not the ask price. Is it possible? Thanks in advance
In the OnInit of my EA, I use this loop to retrive previous candlestick's open, close, high, low, volume and time values: string candleValues; for ( int i = Window; i > 0 ; i--){ candleValues = StringFormat ( "%g,%g,%g,%g,%g,%s" , iOpen ( _Symbol , PERIOD_CURRENT ,i)
I have 32 gigs of memory and I cannot figure out why I cannot optimize my strategy because it says it cannot generate ticks. <ex5 file deleted>
Hi my EA is failing the automatic validation with these errors test on EURUSD,H1 there are no trading operations test on NZDUSD,H1 there are no trading operations test on GBPUSDcheck,M30 there are no trading operations test on XAUUSDcheck,Daily there are no trading operations I have no issues when I
Hi Everyone, I am struggling to get my EA to closes trades based on price closing below (for long trades) or above (for short trades) a weighted MA. I would like for the trade to be closed ONLY if price closes against the moving average. Currently the EA only seems to close the trade once TP (600
[Deleted]
UPDATE ... the issue is resolved, I was adding file extension in iCustom Indicator Name. Once removed it, it works well. Dear Forum Members It is never easy to use iCustom function in MQL5. Please help me to debug why I am getting error 4802. I have checked all the input variables of the indicator
Hello, just wondering if you you know any good MT5 Brokers with good history data?  So far i found:  Admiral Markets (very nice history data for forex as i can tell so far) ActivTrades (less history data, but maybe to compare EA for Spread only broker without commission) RoboForex (less data then AM...
  Ichimoku EA  (5)
Hi, I have a very good EA based on Chikou Span ( Ichimoku ). But I need something to be add. is there anybody who can support me
Hi, Thanks for your attention. I paid a programmer to code me an EA that does analyzes via customs indicators when the price closes out of Keltner Channel . I wish to find a way to avoid indicators calculations when the price is inside the channel, so it could skip useless calculations. Any help is
Hello Why does CopyTicks return ticks that are older than the [in] date parameter? From the documentation: [in] The date from which you want to request ticks. In milliseconds since 1970.01.01. If from =0, the last count ticks will be returned. I have a tick helper class that calls my CopyTicks
I have an operation custom symbol which is "XYZ" the code to feed data is : MqlTick tick[ 1 ]; ArrayResize (tick, size); tick[ 0 ].ask = Value1; tick[ 0 ].bid = Value2; int ReplaceTick= CustomTicksAdd (ymbol,tick); now ticks are plotting candlesticks on chart using MqlTick tick but when i try to
Hi, I just downloaded an activation of an EA purchased in the market by mistake. Is it possible to revert this? Thanks
[Deleted]
UPDATE NOTE: I have found the solution, with the help of Drazen ( https://www.mql5.com/en/users/drazen64 ) from the forum. Dear Forum Members I am having challenge of passing structure Array as 'parameter reference' to the test EA. Following is the CLASS code with relevant sections class
Hi, I try to create custom indicator that give arrow signal if the conditions are met. Using MA and Stochastic. If I run the indicator independently there is no problem, but when I try to call the indicator from EA the values is not the same with what the indicator show. My indicator code as