MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 967

[Deleted]
Dear all, If we draw a trend line, and then want to open a position when the market price crosses the line, is it posible? If it's possible, is there someone can help how big picture of the algorithm. Thank you very much.
I found an older RSI divergence indicator named 00-RsiDiv_v104.mq4 (revised 4/26/09) that appears to work fine when you place it on a chart... However when I try to use this indicator with iCustom in an EA...it's extremely CPU intensive (60%+) and it is taking days to run the EA in the Strategy...
I try to change the indicators view from main window to sub window by replace  #property indicator_chart_window to #property indicator_separate_window What code need to add to make it view like the MACD View below? SuperTrend  Indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10005...
[Deleted]
Hi together,   I've got a question regarding trades already existing and therefore open new positions. I have two open trades...one long and one short with Lotsize 0,01...Now I want the EA to open 2 new positions when the underlyings direction is 30 Pips higher than from the first trades. The EA...
Hi all, I am trying to create a simple binary indicator, that returns value 1 when an argument is true, and 0 when the argument is false.  For example: #property indicator_separate_windowint start(){double SCORE;double MCCI=iCCI(0,0,14,PRICE_TYPICAL,0);double MCCI2=iCCI(0,0,14,PRICE_TYPICAL,1);if...
Hi All, I am a new Metatrader user who has some experience of coding, and am having a problem I have a custom indicator that calculates the daily pivot points (R3, R2, R1, PP, S1, S2, S3) for the currency pair I am looking at. I am currently looking at 5 minute data. I have manually verified the...
The backtests I am running over long periods are apparently not running to the full period specified in the strategy tester input. I can not think of any reason why this might be occuring. I have tried everything I know. Does anyone know what might be the cause? I am running backtests on EURUSD M5,...
[Deleted]
i find it very difficult to enter my account and to trade with my money in account. what can i do?
[Deleted]
I have developed a pattern recognition component that uses a TCP/IP .NET class (using a C wrapper) to get information to and from MT4, it works great on one commodity. I set it up so that I can have multiple TCP/IP clients speaking to the server (using different port#s) at once, so I could have 2+
Hi all, i have  difficulty to code my exigency. Let assume that i have multiple buy position opened.  If the ea want open  a new buy position i want that before it verify that some of the all other open buy position haven't the same or + o - the same open price level respect the actual ask; Hope to...
[Deleted]
  Syntax Question  (1)
Hello all,  I am just getting into programming for mq4, I apologize if this question has been asked already (as I am sure it has many times) however I cannot find a solution on the forums.  I am trying to compare the ask price with another price and the condition never returns true even though it...
There seems to be a lot of conjecture as to whether it isbetter to trade short time frames or longer time frames. In fact it is often said that unless you can trade thelonger time frames then you shouldn’t even contemplate trading the short timeframes.   Now, I am not sure I entirely agree with...
Hi, if anyone can help me with trying to set range bars so they have a standard tick amount ie, each has 12, 10, 15 ticks  etc, per bar i would be most grateful have managed to work out the rest but am really stuck on this? Would be gratefull for any advice hear?
Hi all   Ok I know some will laugh, but I need help with an ultra simple indicator. If anyone who understands MT4 code has a spare ten minutes (or maybe this indicator laying around) - any chance of helping me?   I need to plot a simple one line/point (whatever) indicator below my chart which plots...
Hi, I run my EA on my home pc and login to my account by my Investor-Password: so no trades were possible! Is it correct that isTradeAllowed() still returns true (instead of false), and only if I set one of the two options "Allow live trading" to false it returns false? Thanks in advance, Gooly
I do not want to configure my Ea's with the standard input Box. the screen is to small and does does not allow for if statements. I looked at InputResizer by Mary Jane and it is very nicely done but it is not quite what I am looking for. I can and do use =MessageBox  but it only allows...
I personally had never used StringConcatenate because it would have made my code less readable and probably wouldn't have save much time anyway. https://docs.mql4.com/strings/stringconcatenate "The StringConcatenate() works faster and more memory-saving than when strings are concatenated using...
[Deleted]
  EA working  (4)
Hi, i have seen an ea is reloaded when we change the symbol chart, but it seem to continue to work normally for me, even if the window is on a symbol without the EA. Can you confirm and explain please how it works exactly. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi all, Please share if you know How add two chart panel in Android meta Trade 4 on Samsung smart phone. Thanks Manoj
[Deleted]
  Help with MT4  (3)
Everytime I close my MT4 or change a profile, all the objects that I placed (trendlines, arrows, etc) is gone. How do I solve that issue?
I seem to be able to code a number of different ea's that have a profit factor between 1.5 and 2.1 on eurusd daily charts but not any higher and not on very many other pairs. If I test these over the last 20 or so years of data they double the starting account but don't make much more. Doubling an...
How can I get the current Table Height and Width I can not find any Windw Function do that? WindowPriceMin and WindowPriceMax() is not I  want . please help me.  thks    I just want to know  how to get  the tow Bars  Close price angle   see the map 
[Deleted]
I have export the follow data ,then run the EA, the error is : 2012.11.20 11:25:34 2007.09.09 12:51 USDJPY,Daily: OrderSend error 4111? how i can do
Hi, How to refer to News under Terminal on MT4 platform using MQL4 syntax? Does anyone know if this is possible? P.s.: what for? because I would like to realize my expert advisor, when will get some information for a given currency pair in the new message from macro and micro economic subject ......
Hello, I'm working on the MACD script for the Expert Advisor, that I would like to run every minute and receive an alert when conditions apply for 1M, 3M, 5M and 15M charts. I have following script 'Forum MACDcrossAUDD1.txt' attached for which nothing happens when I run it/ put it on a chart. Thank
[Deleted]
Let’s Make Year 2012 a Great Year FOREX TRADING Wow! Can’t believe it but we are now in Year 2012! How time flies, and it was only like a day ago =P(truth is a year ago) where i asked What’s your new year resolution? Read this post: http://www.<link deleted>.com/whats-your-new-year-resolution/ SO!...
Hi,  I am searching for an indicator that sends an email as soon as price touches the below price levels. Prior week high. Prior day high. Prior 4 hour high. Prior 4 hour low. Prior day low. Prior week low. Can you please let me know if there is an indicator like this. Can someone build this for me...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm a developer (not MQL) and I need to implement a simple Algorithm for a friend. The algorithm needs to create an order, constantly check if the order is closed by stop loss. If is stopped by stop loss I need to create a new pending sale. The user must manually close the order when stop...
[Deleted]
If my EA tries to send and order, and the order is rejected because there is not enough liquidity in the markets at that time (usually large orders), is there any way of knowing that that's the reason for the order being rejected? Because if I know that that's the reason, I can simply code my EA to...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone! I'm writing an EA now for MT4, and here's a very strange bug i found. Here are lines of code it has (not exact, but you get the idea); while (condition) {Comment(" Macd1 :", iMACD(Pair_0,PERIOD_H1,1,25,1,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0), "Macd2:"