Syntax Question

Hello all,

I am just getting into programming for mq4, I apologize if this question has been asked already (as I am sure it has many times) however I cannot find a solution on the forums.  I am trying to compare the ask price with another price and the condition never returns true even though it should.  It looks something like this

double OpenPrice = Ask;
 double NormalPrice = NormalizeDouble(OpenPrice, 2);
 double MidPrice = NormalPrice + 0.0050;

if (OpenPrice > MidPrice)
{
// this is never true, not sure why.
}

again sorry for the complete newbie question, I have a bit of programming experience in .net and cannot for the life of me figure why something simple like this is not working.

Thanks for the help

Jacob 

jwh315:

Hello all,

I am just getting into programming for mq4, I apologize if this question has been asked already (as I am sure it has many times) however I cannot find a solution on the forums.  I am trying to compare the ask price with another price and the condition never returns true even though it should.  It looks something like this

again sorry for the complete newbie question, I have a bit of programming experience in .net and cannot for the life of me figure why something simple like this is not working.

Thanks for the help

Jacob 

Isn't that obvious ?,

If you wonder of some logic in coding, then print the value, it will help you understand the logic, I did and below is the result :

BTW, also read this topic : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136997, and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140534

double OpenPrice = Ask;                             
 double NormalPrice = NormalizeDouble(OpenPrice, 2);
 double MidPrice = NormalPrice + 0.0050;

Print (DoubleToStr(OpenPrice , 8));   //--- 1.27575000
 Print (DoubleToStr(NormalPrice, 8));  //--- 1.28000000
 Print (DoubleToStr(MidPrice, 8));     //--- 1.28500000

if (OpenPrice > MidPrice)             //--- if (1.2757 > 1.285) // it read : if (small > big)
   {
   // this is never true, not sure why.
   }