General - page 1740

Hi, I wish to change the color of a line (by a right click or/and by an expert) in the Trading panel. When we use different symbols or trading methods it's not so easy to see the difference in the grid. Thanks for your great work! Kind regards, Vincent
  refresh objects ?  (10)
Hi, Anybody please help me with the following code, which is in an indicator that draw lines showing ceiling and floor of today's price......it uses DAY HIGH and LOW price as quote. The problem is: when price breaks thru (i.e. new ceiling/floor price occurs) , the lines do not refresh automatically...
I believe this is the "Brick Indicator" from Tradestation....I KNOW that I have "bumped" into it in MT4 also.....any help would be appreciated!!! THX:)
  Debugging an EA  (11   1 2)
Hello, I need some advice on debugging MQL code. I've written an EA based on a system I formulated, but it needs to be debugged and I can't figure out how to do that in MT4. Any suggestions on how to debug an MA?
Hi all, I am searching a Free Yahoo Stock Quote Downloader that capable to download multiple EOD datas from Yahoo server. However I got difficulty in finding it. Could someone share me a link where to download it? Thanks. Best,
  How to debug?  (5)
This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer. How exactly do you debug an expert advisor? I just wrote one based on my own system, but it's going to need extensive debugging and I don't know where to start. I feel like I'm in way over my head.
  MT4 on server?  (4)
Is it possible to run MT4 with EA's on a server so I don't depend on my internet connection / computer? Thank you alex
hello, when I complie an EA I get warnings like; Function "CloseTheseTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file is there a way to fix? or does it matter? Do I just have to define them? if so what is the code? Thank you
hello. I've just upgraded from MT4 build201 to MT4 build207. an EA of mine that used to work just fine with build201 has begun to give me repeated error messages: ordermodify error 130. I didn't do any modification to the EA, and the same EA when switched back to build201 worked with no error...
Has anyone read this book yet? And no, I'm not the author nor am I trying to sell the book. Amazon.com: Selective Forex Trading: How to Achieve Over 100 Trades in a Row Without a Loss (Wiley Trading): Books: Don Snellgrove Selective Forex Trading: How to Achieve Over 100 Trades in a Row Without a...
Hello all, I was hoping if someone could help me add an alert to this indicator. Every time the RSI touches the 70 or 30 level a alert sound would be great. thanks Peace
Scorpion sorry to bother, but this is the only forum i can actually find some help... I have a indicator that needs one alert. Can you help me please? I promise i will start to read mql4 books after this... It's a cross alert. Many thanks!
I am wondering if anyone has come across an EA which monitors equity and can trail an equity amount? Similar to a trailing stop but works on equity instead. So if I have 3 positions open and my equity stands at $1500.00. If my equity reaches $1750.00 I want my equity stop to trail $50.00 behind. My...
  How Profitable Is Forex  (46   1 2 3 4 5)
I DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOREX BUT I HAVE SERIOUS INTEREST IN TREADING FOREX,I WILL LIKE TO MEET PEOPLE WHO ARE TRUELLY MAKING MONEY AND READY TO GIVE ME FREE MATERIALS THAT THEY ARE USING , AND ALSO WHO CAN QUARD ME FOR TRADING,PLS, IF YOU CAN HELP ,CONTACT: sunyprofit@myway.com for details
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 208 has been published: 1. Tester: Fixed generation of one-minute data if the volume is equal to 6. 2. Tester: Now reports includes the name of trade server and the build of terminal. 3. Fixed error of saving of chart as picture. The live updates is...
Hi- I recently read "The Logical Trader" and since I'm pivot oriented I was interested in back-testing the Three Day Rolling Pivot. Unfortunately it is a huge memory hog and my computer grinds to a halt with even only one instance applied. I rooted around for some answers in the code but I don't...
Sounds like a common problem is that MT4 will not open at some work places due to port 443 (I have the same problem) Does anyone know of a good charting package that will work through the internet ? Net Dania is not flexible enough. I use MT4 at home but need something at work, thank you
[Deleted]
Sounds like a common problem is that MT4 will not open at some work places due to port 443 (I have the same problem) Does anyone know of a good charting package that will work through the internet ? Net Dania is not flexible enough. I use MT4 at home but need something at work, thank you
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an MT4 Expert Advisor developed? I'm interested in having something written that uses daily pivot points. I know what I want for a strategy, but I have no clue how to go about creating an EA for it. Thanks
I can't igure out why this indicator won't show up. If anybody has an idea, I would be greatful. The symbols are correct for my broker.
hi,wondering why this ea open buy/sell limite order with any broker exept liteforex on mini lite account ,any comments please
  Midline Method  (5)
Have EA but it is unfinished. method works like this. If price is above the middle of yesterdays High/Low then you enter Long. If price is below the middle of yesterdays High/Low then you enter short. My current version of this allows the choice of taking a reverse trade should the first trade be a
Hi, I seem to have come across a bug with the simulator. I quite often get the crash log shown below when attempting to start a simulation. There has been a critical error Time : 2007.08.01 15:47 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 207, 17 Jul 2007) Owner :...
Hello, Using MT4 on a TREO 700WX with Mobile 5... When I'm in the chart window, occasionally the CHIME goes off... what exactly does this chime indicate? It looks like a "new low or high for the bar"... but not sure. Is there a way to disable this? (Can't have the chime go off while in a meeting.....
Can anyone provide me with simple MA crossover Ea , based on always in trade and intrabar execution ? The last " member " that I asked took my money and ripped me off . Please advise , PM me to discuss , many thanks
Hello, I've seen alot of EAs coded that use SL as a global multi trade close system. So if I have SL set at 25 and 5 trades open and they all get to -5 pips well that ='s 25 so the EA will close them all. Is there a simple SL EA around here that I can use that will look at each trade as an...
[Deleted]
Hi i want to run my EA on a custom timeframe chart of 8 hours, by using it in combination with the period_convertor_opt indicator. I have attached the period_convertor_opt indicator to my 1 hour chart, and want to run my EA on 8 hour charts. I have set the period_convertor_opt indicator multiplier...
Hello all I am looking for an EA close all the floating order when it reach certain positive or minus % of the balance. Does anyone has something like that? Thanks a lot
Hi, I would like to know how to get a permement user account for client terminal, other than demo account please? I understand the best way to do is to ask my broker, however, I am using FXCM and they already mentioned they don't have that service. What can I do please?